Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 1st August 2011, 21:35   #31
BANNED

Default Re: Evil Eye and the Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
4) give some rest to yourself ,your pocket & the Jeep for a week , think over at fresh ( as the pocket gets pinched it pinches the mind too ) start fresh ,after cooling down
Remember ? I said so

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvikz View Post
I need few days of respite from the word "garage".
Now you say so

This Jeep thing really adds some spice to life , without it-- would have been so normal --

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 22:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Remember ? I said so

Now you say so

This Jeep thing really adds some spice to life , without it-- would have been so normal --

Sudarshan
So rightly said. I wonder how married men have time for jeeps, wives and children ?

Now that jeep gets a break, next on agenda is to fix the motorbike. Poor splendor has been ferrying me all over the place for the jeep. Time for some splendor servicing...
kingvikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 22:36   #33
BHPian

Hi friends, Im back.

Took a friend in the Jeep on an outing without any unnecessary thoughts on if Jeep will perform well or breakdown or etc.

Drove towards Bannergetta and took a right just after Gottigere. I used to study in a college there, so was aware of the in roads that lead to a granite quarry, a hill top village, a silver oak filled plateaus. While climbing a narrow passage we found the NICE road below. Looking beautiful at 7:am, we decided Bannergetta will not be our final destination. Driving through the small valley, we came out at a junction that's close to "Tulip Resorts" and headed back till we reached the junction that said "Kanakpura-Mysore" to the left and "Hosur" to the right. The jeep handled amazingly well and I touched 105 kmph for the first time. Of course I dint want to lose my sanity over the excitement and maintained a decent 80 kmph till we reached a toll gate. Paying 25 /- we headed to our destination: Maddur. We befriended two bikers on a Harley who were trying to complete the 300 km distance to enable a servicing. Being our second trip to Maddhur in the jeep, we were used to the traffic, the highways and the unexpected speed breakers. We had "Thatte Idli" on the highway (not sure of the location, its where you have a lot of accident vehicles hauled up) and headed to the 24 hr cafe day just before entering Maddhur limits. We returned fully satisfied with Jeep, hoping the honeymoon shall continue.
Attached Thumbnails
Evil Eye and the Jeep-image011.jpg  

Evil Eye and the Jeep-image012.jpg  

Evil Eye and the Jeep-image004.jpg  

Evil Eye and the Jeep-image002.jpg  

Evil Eye and the Jeep-image016.jpg  

Evil Eye and the Jeep-image014.jpg  

Old 11th August 2011, 22:42   #34
BHPian

Any senior Jeeper from Bangalore planning to head out on a OTR, kindly let me know. I would like to join, along with one more friend. Been scouting Teambhp for OTRs but with no luck.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We returned fully satisfied with Jeep, hoping the honeymoon shall continue
The "constant days" were your honeymoon period!! Thats how you get to know it better. Now looks like its over and you are truly and well into a proper tight vehicle owing period, cheerios...
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 07:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
The "constant days" were your honeymoon period!! Thats how you get to know it better. Now looks like its over and you are truly and well into a proper tight vehicle owing period, cheerios...
Hoping the same, touchwood. There are still few minor issues that will always haunt - a rattling window, a few drops of oil, cabin heatings.. But whose complaining.
Old 16th August 2011, 00:44   #37
BHPian

@ kingvikz
bro i relate to your dilemma, as i also went through the same thing as you a couple of years ago. i bought a ford GPW from an auction and set about restoring it after spending almost an year i was finally able to restore it to a PERFECT EXAMPLE.But my joy was short lived as the engine started acting up after a few days, one fine morning i take out the oil dipstick and to my horror there is water mixed with oil.it was shocking as i had taken every precaution and had stuck to the rule book while overhauling the engine. well to cut the story short we again opened the engine checked everything put a new gasket , i had ordered all the parts from the U.S.but again the same thing happened and kept on happening for another couple of times, until i got fed up and sold the jeep. the new owner insisted on driving the jeep while i kept requesting him to load it on a truck and take it. in the end he prevailed and drove the jeep home which was 350 kms away , to everybody's amazement the jeep which we could not drive for a few kms without a breakdown , completed the journey without any hiccup and till date the owner has never had a complaint with it. so as to say sometimes EVIL eye does have an affect on vehicles also.
sammyaulakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyaulakh View Post
@ kingvikz
bro i relate to your dilemma, as i also went through the same thing as you a couple of years ago. i bought a ford GPW from an auction and set about restoring it after spending almost an year i was finally able to restore it to a PERFECT EXAMPLE.But my joy was short lived as the engine started acting up after a few days, one fine morning i take out the oil dipstick and to my horror there is water mixed with oil.it was shocking as i had taken every precaution and had stuck to the rule book while overhauling the engine. well to cut the story short we again opened the engine checked everything put a new gasket , i had ordered all the parts from the U.S.but again the same thing happened and kept on happening for another couple of times, until i got fed up and sold the jeep. the new owner insisted on driving the jeep while i kept requesting him to load it on a truck and take it. in the end he prevailed and drove the jeep home which was 350 kms away , to everybody's amazement the jeep which we could not drive for a few kms without a breakdown , completed the journey without any hiccup and till date the owner has never had a complaint with it. so as to say sometimes EVIL eye does have an affect on vehicles also.
My heart goes out to you and the jeep. But my opinion is that, sometimes one must jus let go as in, let go of the problem and carry on driving. Jeeps are just not meant to be given the inch by inch royal treatment/pampering. My jeep's windows rattles, one door handles has its own moods and the driver seat mat folds in all directions, brakes need to be pumped repeatedly, the list is endless. It how you see the vehicles i guess. All the best on a better jeep.
Old 23rd August 2011, 02:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this is to be considered "Evil Eye and the Jeep" but I am inclined to think that way or may be a incident.

I was about to start off when my painter requested me to hold on and to have a cup of tea after some clear coat application was done on some of the decals which I've done on my Bolero.

I was inside the shop having my tea suddenly I see my jeep took a 2-3 inch jump and then there was a shout " Bolero took a hit " I ran to it to witness my Bolero's rear bumper was hit by Tata Ace while taking a reverse, Tata Ace driver says couldn't see as the load was blocking his rear window.

This not only spoiled my mood but shook my confidence while driving back home, couldn't do more than 40-50 kmph. I still don't know whether to consider as Evil eye as many appreciated the vehicle and it's condition or it was just a freak accident.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 23:54   #40
BHPian

@ kingvikz
it was pretty hard parting with it but sometimes you have to let a thing
go as the problem was not going away. my other jeeps are all doing just fine and they don't bother me much, just a leak or a rattle here and there.But owning a jeep
is more satisfying than owning the best car available.
sammyaulakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 20:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I don't know if this is to be considered "Evil Eye and the Jeep" but I am inclined to think that way or may be a incident.

I was about to start off when my painter requested me to hold on and to have a cup of tea after some clear coat application was done on some of the decals which I've done on my Bolero.

I was inside the shop having my tea suddenly I see my jeep took a 2-3 inch jump and then there was a shout " Bolero took a hit " I ran to it to witness my Bolero's rear bumper was hit by Tata Ace while taking a reverse, Tata Ace driver says couldn't see as the load was blocking his rear window.

This not only spoiled my mood but shook my confidence while driving back home, couldn't do more than 40-50 kmph. I still don't know whether to consider as Evil eye as many appreciated the vehicle and it's condition or it was just a freak accident.
I understand sir. When I bought the jeep my mom's instructions were not to drive it after sunset. and the few times i did, i had accidents and punctures. Once she left town, i took it out and got into even deeper trouble at 2 am. But then after that, these things ceased to exist.

Last edited by kingvikz : 29th August 2011 at 20:47. Reason: grammer issue
Old 29th August 2011, 23:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand sir. When I bought the jeep my mom's instructions were not to drive it after sunset. and the few times i did, i had accidents and punctures. Once she left town, i took it out and got into even deeper trouble at 2 am. But then after that, these things ceased to exist.
Till then the completely neat looking bolero has got a dimple. I just parked it after some liker hardener sprayed on some decals I have got it done on it and the evil eye I guess struck, though I don't believe in horoscope, fortune tellers and blah, blah but these incidents with my automobiles make me feel that there is something called evil eye concept. The very next day took it to Hanumanji temple and got the pooja done, I am sure now she will be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Evil Eye and the Jeep-p210811_18.15.jpg  

chanu is offline   Reply With Quote