Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 3rd February 2012, 22:14   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Introducing, The LYNX.

Simply superb. The stance of the jeep is just great. Totally purposeful. Great going.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:52   #137
BHPian

Fazal,

Awesome looking jeep! Your attention to detail is truly something. Lynx looks like a perfect combination of beauty and ability! Cheers!
Viju is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2012, 22:40   #138
Senior - BHPian

Summers have already hit the city, perfect time to switch to the bikini top, stretched on the same roll cage that had the earlier black top.
Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1219.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1178.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1170.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1192.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1213.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1210.jpg

The 3 feet
(when extended), 1 ton capacity, hydraulic jack mounted in the rear cabin.
Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1189.jpg
The wing mirrors with a super wide view from the drivers seat.

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1190.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1166.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1165.jpg
fazalaliadil is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 11:49   #139
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Fazal bhai,
Noticed that the Tire is not exactly at the center as then the pintle hook would have been exactly in line with red center of the tire hub. Knowing you, obviously that's not an oversight so why has it been done that way?

I wish I could have you take over my Jeep now when I do it up aesthetically. I don't even have a remotely close eye for detail and finish as you do!

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 12:28   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR

Fazal bhai,
Noticed that the Tire is not exactly at the center as then the pintle hook would have been exactly in line with red center of the tire hub. Knowing you, obviously that's not an oversight so why has it been done that way?

I wish I could have you take over my Jeep now when I do it up aesthetically. I don't even have a remotely close eye for detail and finish as you do!

Cheers,
Adi
Adi,

That slight off center is due to the pipe bending of the spare. There was no time to get it done again as Akc and Exxam were very close.

This is the second one on the lynx after the first pipe bracket was scrapped before this.

Now I am used to it.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 12:34   #141
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by noopster : 9th February 2012 at 17:44.
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 23:16   #142
BHPian

[quote=fazalaliadil;2668924]From the Bangalore OTR.
Dear Fazal sir,

I was there with you at the Bangalore OTR in a blue MM540 with a grey top. While taking that 1st pic on the rock, if you remember I had come and asked you about the SP setup on you vehicle. Just wanted to get some more details on this regard. Is this some kind of shackle lift or anything else adding on to the height/enhances handling on offroad/onroad?
thnx
jmvivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 08:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

[quote=jmvivek;2683849]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Just wanted to get some more details on this regard. Is this some kind of shackle lift or anything else adding on to the height/enhances handling on offroad/onroad?
Vivek,

Yes I do remember meeting you and discussing the spring set up.

Attaching a photograph of an earlier custom spring job (on 540) showing the helper detail on one end. There is no shackle lift, as per my application and requirement I get the springs moped and maintain the number of springs in the pack.

The attached helper assists the main set when under load or doing ditches, potholes etc. When on even surfaces only the main spring set is in action.
It is like a dual action spring.

All four springs have the same set up in opposing directions, as shown in following two pics. of the Lynx.

It works for me and Shibu since years, effortlessly and ride is very dependable and comfortable. I could have made the springs on the Lynx a bit more softer but for off roading, as this is my primary off roading vehicle.
Regards,

On the 540
(notice the leaf count in the helper as against the lighter Lynx in the following 2 pics.)
Introducing, The LYNX.-j25.jpg
On the Lynx, Rear.
Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1175.jpg
Front.
Introducing, The LYNX.-img_1176.jpg
Old 18th February 2012, 08:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

The engine bay after addition of the fan shroud, one inch spacer to move radiator towards engine and the air deflector, resulting in a drop of temp. to about 8 degrees. Thanks to Behram Sir and Spike for impressing this upon me.
Introducing, The LYNX.-jeep-002.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-jeep-004.jpg
The power steering mounted in the original mounting location without disturbing the bell crank and its position. The link rod from steering GB to bell crank has been modified and reenforced.

Introducing, The LYNX.-jeep-006.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-jeep-005.jpg

Introducing, The LYNX.-jeep-007.jpg
Old 18th February 2012, 10:20   #145
BANNED

Just a word of caution , this brake line-- if left like this is surely going to get punctured some day -- vibrations will rub it on the hard part .
This has happened with me before . & learned the hard way to fasten/clip/secure all such pipes n lines properly

Introducing, The LYNX.-lynx.jpg

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 14:43   #146
BHPian

All four springs have the same set up in opposing directions, as shown in following two pics. of the Lynx.

It works for me and Shibu since years, effortlessly and ride is very dependable and comfortable. I could have made the springs on the Lynx a bit more softer but for off roading, as this is my primary off roading vehicle.

On the 540
(notice the leaf count in the helper as against the lighter Lynx in the following 2 pics.)

Fazal sir,
Really do appreciate your detailed advise on the SP setup on your 540 and the Lynx. I have a 540 with a 2003 XD3p Bolero engine. I use it primarily for my off-road farm use here in Coorg and also at Thekkady,Kerala. And for this reason, I do lots of back and forth Ghats driving say 600 kms at one stretch, between Thekkady,Idukki,Kerala & Madikeri,Coorg through Calicut, Makutta,Virajpet route on the 540. I have a 11 leaf setup at the back and 9 in the front with Maxxis Creepy Crawler 7.00 16 on the military rims.

I would like to get the setup done on my vehicle on the same lines as your 540 , but with the parameters for extreme off-roading. Request your guidance as to how to go about with this, if I am not really bothering you on this regard.
Old 18th February 2012, 20:05   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Just a word of caution , this brake line-- if left like this is surely going to get punctured some day -- vibrations will rub it on the hard part .
Sudarshan,

Thank you so much for pointing out what was completely overlooked by me.

That is the return line of the PS, either way there should not be any metal to metal contact esp. when it comes to hydraulics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvivek View Post
I would like to get the setup done on my vehicle on the same lines as your 540 , but with the parameters for extreme off-roading. Request your guidance as to how to go about with this, if I am not really bothering you on this regard.

Vivek,

Please contact Shibu, T-BHP handle...JeepCaptain. He more or less does the same things on his set up and more in the same area and let me know if you are interested to send your Jeep to Hyderabad for the job.
Regards,
Old 18th February 2012, 21:24   #148
BHPian

let me know if you are interested to send your Jeep to Hyderabad for the job.

I would be happy to do that. Could you advise me as to how long would the entire process/setup would take tentatively. I can then plan/fix a program as per your convenience.
Old 19th February 2012, 12:18   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvivek View Post
let me know if you are interested to send your Jeep to Hyderabad for the job.

I would be happy to do that. Could you advise me as to how long would the entire process/setup would take tentatively. I can then plan/fix a program as per your convenience.
Vivek,

It may take two days for the spring swap on your 540. Call me on 0 98850 71025.
Regards,
Old 19th February 2012, 17:36   #150
BHPian

The power steering mounted in the original mounting location without disturbing the bell crank and its position. The link rod from steering GB to bell crank has been modified and reenforced.
Sir,

The power steering setup, what brand is this?

I have a quick question on the effectiveness of a custom power steering setup on MM540 or in the case of the Lynx here.

How does the power steering behave in the following cases ;
a) at higher speeds where you prefer to have a stiffer steering setup/feel
b) while offroad from moderate to extreme scenario

Any chances of a failure in the setup and what would be the scenario in such a case, lets say if we are at around 50km speed ?

One too many questions , I guess , I hope I am not crowding your Lynx thread with too many queries. It's just that like Khan sir's Spidey, your brown MM540 was a jeep that I had followed initially to build my current MM540 although I never knew you then. But I guess , I am twice lucky, seeing Khan sir in his Spidey and now you with your MM540