Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 10th August 2017, 09:09   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Thar - Bringing it home - Finally!

This August 1st - My Jeep turned 6.

So far - great experience owning the Jeep.

I also realize today (Aug 10th) is Mr. Dhabhar's death Anniversary - I thank him again for all the help and guidance.

Carrot
carrot_eater is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 10:38   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
This August 1st - My Jeep turned 6.
Hi Carrot, Congrats.

Was it you in Taj Hotel Coonoor last week? I wanted to come and say hello, but you were on the phone and I had to leave .
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 13:34   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Carrot, Congrats.

Was it you in Taj Hotel Coonoor last week? I wanted to come and say hello, but you were on the phone and I had to leave .
Thanks - No it wasn't me at Coonoor. But had I been there or anywhere, regardless on phone or not on phone - please don't hesitate to say hello. Everyone has lot of respect for Tbhpians and its great to meet Forum members in person always.

Cheers
carrot_eater is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2017, 09:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot_eater View Post
Attachment 1538816

On the way to Thekkady.

Overall on long drives - the good part is, the Thar is perfectly stable vehicle, feels grounded on high speeds.
Two things that bother
1. At higher speeds the canopy makes quite a bit of sound and you really have to turn up the volume on your music to hear well. I blew up a speaker by doing this.

Thinking of adding an amplifier to the music system. Anyone knows if that will help in preventing blown up speakers?
No, an amplifier will add power to the speakers and make you more likely to blow them, unless you buy armoured speakers. These tend to resist damage by maniacal volume user error and terrorist music critics. I don't even have a radio in my Thar. I would rather hear the vehicle and what's going on around me. A year ago I had a fellow build a steel cap on my Thar. This has worked out very well for me. Less noise, less dirt, more air con, more heat. Look around this site. You will find a lot of options for Thar hardtops.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote