Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 31st January 2012, 10:29   #31
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Thar Crde and an Isuzu Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Hello DKG,
I hear the same 'thud' whenever the right front wheel is dropped into a pothole.
Yes it appears to be the same thing. My guess is it's somewhere between the b pillar and the door. It doesn't appear to come from under the body. It sounds quite like a body sound.

Like you I too am not too bothered about it but maybe that's because the car is being used on tarmac most of the time and it's only on occasion that you end up driving the right wheel through a pothole that the sound surfaces. If we were to travel on rough roads it will be a more prominent sound demanding our attention to resolve the problem

Vinod perhaps you could have this investigated on a coupe of Thars and if the culprit is found a solution then recommended?

Last edited by DKG : 31st January 2012 at 10:31.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 12:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Somewhere I read that Thar CRDe may get a hardtop in March. Anybody got any info on that for sure? I don't suppose it would also fit the DI? I am trying to make up my mind on which vehicle to purchase...while hoping B.D. and co. , or somebody, comes out with a show-stopper.

P.S. B.D. tread easy, Bro. Maruti and Suzuki aren't related. You are running out of automotive brothers.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 12:20   #33
BHPian

Hi,
Rattling sound should be from Door lock catcher hook located on B pillar, which get shifted time to time.
Chances of HT from M&M plant seems to be remote, Feel CRDe better any time than DI.

Last edited by Rajith : 31st January 2012 at 12:21.
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Somewhere I read that Thar CRDe may get a hardtop in March.
Extremely unlikely. Some one posted on this forum based on discussions with someone at the Mahindra Auto Expo stall.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Extremely unlikely. Some one posted on this forum based on discussions with someone at the Mahindra Auto Expo stall.

Found the post....I dunno, Tini, you may be right.

...on a hardtop kit from Mahindra for Thar CRDe

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post2650714 (Advice on fitting an air-conditioner in the Mahindra Thar)
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 22:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rajith - it is good to see that you have crossed the 5000 kms mark in 4 months. MH01V521 did it in 5 days @ 1000 kms/day. Please continue to post on the forum for everybody's benefit. For door rattling, please reinforce the Targa band by adding a local reinforcement at its bottom. This should ideally be a 44.45 mm diameter (1.75 inch) OD pipe, running the length of the floor, taking cues from the rear floor welded nuts which we have provided for Europe application / domestic seat belt mounting on the floor. The idea is to increase the section modulus. Once the B pillar gets this reinforcement, door rattling will stop as dimensions will retain as per requirement. Like this, there are many things which shall enhance the car's value to you as it's final user. I will tell you slowly slowly.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Mr. Dhabhar,

I have recently purchased a Thar and just clocked 200 kms on the odo. Am going crazy by the rattling - mostly the door and rear compartment. The dealership had tried installing the rollover Bar but there was some problem in the part they had so that is still pending. Perhaps they have left some bolts loose in the process Of dismantling and reassembling the canopy.

Could you very quickly list the key bolts in the thar that one needs to tighten and get rid of majority of the rattles.

I am planning to get innova front & third row seats installed - any suggestions around that? or any alternatives you recommend?

And also if you could explain more clearly - with picture or diagram will be awesome - else with slightly more detail the following (1) targa reinforcement, and (2) where and how exactly do we connect the rollover bar to front body - you had mentioned some bolt near the seatbelt - I could not locate it.

And i am sometimes getting a grinding sound On rpm above 2k. Not very frequent but it is there nonetheless. Any idea what it could be?

Will Greatly appreciate if you could take out some time to reply.

@Rajith : my apologies to have Hijacked your thread. Could you please pm me your contact no. Need your quick inputs on a few things. Thank you.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 23:44   #37
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
And i am sometimes getting a grinding sound On rpm above 2k. Not very frequent but it is there nonetheless. Any idea what it could be?
I suspect it's the self locking hubs up front. On occasion I have noticed something similar but its too faint and not bothersome to warrant attention. They make a lot of noise especially when reversing.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2012, 10:51   #38
BHPian

hi manveet,

My Thar crde as done 14000kms as on date.All the issues been attended religiously and put on bed.

Have Scorpio alloys,Geolander 235x70x16 AT tyres, fitted AC,Power windows,Single carbon fibre springs at rear,upgraded the sound system,
Prad bumbers,Roll over bars and Ham antenna on front LHS.

Now just enjoying the wonderfull machine !!.

Last edited by Rajith : 25th October 2012 at 11:01.
Rajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 19:56   #39
BHPian

Friends,

As on today my THAR has done @16000kms with zero issues.I have done break up gradation today. Now my machine stops like a Volvo bus in a straight line !!.

Changed to a tandem booster retaining same small quarter column near the pedal.Replaced vaccum tank,break cylinders,Vaccum plumbing lines,changed LSPV settings with proper Air bleeding.

NO FOC.

Ensured no rubbing between AC/Vaccum pipes and clear route for bandi pipes.

Thanks a lot to Mr BD & Mr Spike.

Its a easy job for right hands.. Else will end up in a mess as usual.

Pics to follow.

Last edited by Rajith : 25th December 2012 at 19:58.
Rajith is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 11:14   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
As on today my THAR has done @16000kms with zero issues.I have done brake upgradation today. Now my machine stops like a Volvo bus in a straight line! Changed to a tandem booster retaining same small quarter column near the pedal. Replaced vaccum tank, brake cylinders, vaccum plumbing lines, changed LSPV settings with proper air bleeding. Its a easy job for right hands. Else will end up in a mess as usual.
Dear Rajith - thanks for your "Zero Issues / Volvo Bus / Straight Line" compliments. . This is the correct way to do things, you have made my day!

On brakes, you are still running the single pot caliper. Now "push the system" and get RH and LH assembly stub axles with twin pot calipers, brake discs and dust covers assembled. These are all Scorpio production vendor sub-assembly parts so they are easily obtainable. The vendor is in Nasik only, located just walking distance from the plant main gate. Then your brakes will become oh-so-so-purrfecto. Then, even with production engine, you can push 160 kmph on highways, eat every other car for breakfast and stop on a dime. Like this, slowly, your Thar will become the Super Jeep that I always wanted. .

Also, please release the "add / delete list" for your brake conversion. It will help other TeamBHPians also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 16:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Rajith -
Also, please release the "add / delete list" for your brake conversion. It will help other TeamBHPians also.

Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
Remove the existing booster.

Replace with scorpio crde tandem break booster.

Retain the same small quarter column of thar to the new booster.

Alter the rear bedding of the vacccum tank to a straight line and tapper its head to the proper angle of the fender.

Replace the old round vaccum tank to new vaccum tank of Mhawk. Remove the dummy fuse stand on RHS inner fender, grind the surface,make 2 holes and paint properly.Fit accumulator in between air filter and wind screen reservoir.

(Cant fit the vaccum tank here for THARs which is having factory fitted AC, as the AC dryer bottle is fixed on the dummy fuse stand).

Remove the T joint and insert the pipe direct to vaccum modulator at the firewall.

Buy new vaccum pipes of Mhawk. Remove T and use 2 bend pipes between Booster,alternator and the new vaccum tank. You will be left out with a long pipe of Mhawk kit. Keep the same in your stock.

Do plumbing carefully w/o disturbing the bundi pipes,AC pipes and vaccum hoses rubbing each other.

Airfilter has to be lifted near RHS fender with 2 link bushes of scorpio with a 7mm sleeve inside to avoid loading of the same to new tandem booster reservoir tank as the new booster in longer than existing and space is less.

Need to use 2 nos 1 inch bolts of 13 sizes where link bushes are used.

Do bleeding at 4 wheels and at LSPV.

Set the LSPV valves.

Drive and live happily

Last edited by Rajith : 26th December 2012 at 16:41.
Rajith is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 18:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remove the existing booster.

Replace with scorpio crde tandem break booster.

Retain the same small quarter column of thar to the new booster.

Alter the rear bedding of the vacccum tank to a straight line and tapper its head to the proper angle of the fender.

Replace the old round vaccum tank to new vaccum tank of Mhawk. Remove the dummy fuse stand on RHS inner fender, grind the surface,make 2 holes and paint properly.Fit accumulator in between air filter and wind screen reservoir.

(Cant fit the vaccum tank here for THARs which is having factory fitted AC, as the AC dryer bottle is fixed on the dummy fuse stand).

Remove the T joint and insert the pipe direct to vaccum modulator at the firewall.

Buy new vaccum pipes of Mhawk. Remove T and use 2 bend pipes between Booster,alternator and the new vaccum tank. You will be left out with a long pipe of Mhawk kit. Keep the same in your stock.

Do plumbing carefully w/o disturbing the bundi pipes,AC pipes and vaccum hoses rubbing each other.

Airfilter has to be lifted near RHS fender with 2 link bushes of scorpio with a 7mm sleeve inside to avoid loading of the same to new tandem booster reservoir tank as the new booster in longer than existing and space is less.

Need to use 2 nos 1 inch bolts of 13 sizes where link bushes are used.
Above is very complicated
Pictures along with above step-by-step instructions will help .
Also the part nos. will be useful.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 19:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Default Brakes

Quote:
Thanks a lot to Mr BD & Mr Spike.
Welcome, good to know that it works, and works properly.

Quote:

Also, please release the "add / delete list" for your brake conversion.
Sir, you have transformed him into a Product Engineer, now he speaks and sounds like one.

Also, now you are remote controlling product development from Pune

Quote:

Set the LSPV valves.
What value have you set it to? Are you using DOT3 or DOT4 brake fluid?

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 19:39   #44
BHPian

I have a Aug 2012 model. the M&M workshop in Delhi just replaced the Brake Booster and Brake oil cylinder. They replaced the Oil (dont know which one) and did some "Bleeding" on the brake pipes of the 4 tyres. And then they test drove and so did i and it seemed fine. is this what has to be done? again this is a extremely non-technical person's question.
iMASKARAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 09:55   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Welcome, good to know that it works, and works properly. Sir, you have transformed him into a Product Engineer, now he speaks and sounds like one. Also, now you are remote controlling product development from Pune. Spike
Dear Pratheesh - thanks. We work for "Customer Centricity", therefore it is also necessary to "Walk the Talk". Vehicle has successfully passed in RWUP (Real World Usage Pattern) test mode in the field. We have passed the final exam! .

Dear Rajith - can you please share the add/delete list part numbers?

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote