Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 21:07   #661
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 399
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
So what does Jaguar have to do with what Gurkha was referring to? Mind explaining sir?
Jaguar ~= Jugaar ... Just a play on words I think, hrag.
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:09   #662
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalyani, West Bengal
Posts: 444
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
Sir i said one t34 against 40, so how does it outnumber it. They kept it plain simple and expendable, and it still won. And i unlike you, i was not a fighter pilot in WW2 so all i know about them is though books and the internet. the german pilots were better, thats for sure, but thats how you get skills, turning against twice your number almost everyday gives you more pratice. The me-109 was better than the spitfire only until the spitfire mark-9 was released against it, whereas the p50 had always been better. And the kubelwagen was never a 4wheeldrive vehicle.
The sherman was a small tank, so please dont compare it to a tigre heavy tank.
And congratulations,sir, i really much admit that i an 24 and still a student, therefore would get somewhat excited at issues, and you do have more arguement capability than me(dispite me asking you to please stop it), so that places you somewhere lower than my age group. So if theres ever a arguement competition over nothing, you surely will win hands down. This round you won for sure
Thats the last word from me here. Thank you for your precious time.
Bikram
Do you really believe that crud? It smells of pure Russian propaganda ala Bombay movies. Said and done, the numbers speak for itself but then denying numbers and facts is fair game for you.

Nope, it was never about winning or loosing, just points and coutnerpoints but then at 24 , I don't expect you to understand that anyways. I do feel I have wasted bandwidth and keystrokes as all my points were in vain. The fact that you bring in size dictating diff haul capacity goes to show that your major certainly isn't physics by any chance.

Thanks for wasting your time, I am sure you can now go back to your Geri route with your Jugaar.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th February 2009 at 12:10.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:15   #663
BHPian
 
Brutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 374
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Get me the facts then ,can you?? show me the dimensions rather than acting like someone my age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Said and done, the numbers speak for itself but then denying numbers and facts is fair game for you
If you really do beleive in what you said then get me the dimensions, would you, before you start off arguing without reasons and specs.
Bikram

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th February 2009 at 12:11. Reason: back to back posts
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:19   #664
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 263 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Jaguar ~= Jugaar ... Just a play on words I think, hrag.
For all those of us who did not get what jugaar meant.. Jugaar/Jugaad = Scrap; From a scrap yard..
Hope, that clarifies..

Stop calling any vehicle with such names. I somehow love every vehicle for whatever it is, and i guess, most people in this community do. Some look good, some look bad; some go fast, some go slow. But every vehicle has a heart. Appreciate it for what it is.
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:19   #665
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalyani, West Bengal
Posts: 444
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
Get me the facts then ,can you?? show me the dimensions rather than acting like someone my age.
I thought you wanted to leave by your own admission and now you are back again? Isn't that trolling? The rating from the manufacturer as well as testing authorities is not fact enough for you? What does dimension have to do with it, go to Bhambra Force and check it out for yourself. If we go by that logic, the Shaktiman truck has a smaller diff than Gurkha's so I guess even with portal axles, the truck has less load capacity. So size won't change the Gurkha's load carrying rating of 2.75t.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:24   #666
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,630
Thanked: 328 Times
Default

Ladies and gentlemen,

Now, we present the Oscar for the "highest number of page views and longest-running thread" ...

And , the winner is ...
"Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??".

(Big round of applause)


Thanks to the last-ditch attempt by the tail-end players, the total number of views for this thread stands at 54667 (EDIT 54854) , and the number of replies at 667 (not out) (EDIT 671).
Due to poor light conditions, play is being called off now. Play will continue tomorrow.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 11th February 2009 at 21:34.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:25   #667
BHPian
 
Brutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 374
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
I thought you wanted to leave by your own admission and now you are back again? Isn't that trolling? The rating from the manufacturer as well as testing authorities is not fact enough for you? What does dimension have to do with it, go to Bhambra Force and check it out for yourself. If we go by that logic, the Shaktiman truck has a smaller diff than Gurkha's so I guess even with portal axles, the truck has less load capacity. So size won't change the Gurkha's load carrying rating of 2.75t.
I would'nt be arguing with you if i could do that in the first place, and even if i get you the pictures, you are just plain going to deny that.

Also what you said about the shaktimann proves how much you know. Because if you look close enough, if i am sure you hav'nt, you will see a solid beam a iron right besides the differential to take the weight, there is absolutely no load on the differential.
Bikram
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:26   #668
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,889
Thanked: 2,310 Times
Default

Gurkha:

Frankly I am netural to MM540 and the Gurkha. I would be happy on a trail with either of them. I just take umbrage at people declaring "Best Off Roader" in the world and that too to the Gurkha. Learn to live with the fact that there no "Best Off Roader" in the world. Each has it's pro's and cons and each may shine in different terrains. Gurkha is a great off-road vehicle in it's own right, but please don't get carried away...
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:29   #669
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalyani, West Bengal
Posts: 444
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
I would'nt be arguing with you if i could do that in the first place, and even if i get you the pictures, you are just plain going to deny that.

Also what you said about the shaktimann proves how much you know. Because if you look close enough, if i am sure you hav'nt, you will see a solid beam a iron right besides the differential to take the weight, there is absolutely no load on the differential.
Bikram
But its you who is going by the size theory, I am well aware of the Shaktiman's solid beam. We are talking about rated differential strength here and therefore that fact remains so. I guess this is the same logic you base your theries on FJ Curiser and its abilities off road.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:30   #670
BHPian
 
sreerajunnithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

LOL!!! It seems to be a Allied Tank Vs German Tank and Allied fighter Vs German fighter. Its getting interested. :-)

Sree
A humble Jeeper(Jugaar?)
Whatever....
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:33   #671
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalyani, West Bengal
Posts: 444
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Gurkha:

Frankly I am netural to MM540 and the Gurkha. I would be happy on a trail with either of them. I just take umbrage at people declaring "Best Off Roader" in the world and that too to the Gurkha. Learn to live with the fact that there no "Best Off Roader" in the world. Each has it's pro's and cons and each may shine in different terrains. Gurkha is a great off-road vehicle in it's own right, but please don't get carried away...
No one did, not even once........its JEEP owners who made their conjectures based on their insecurities with their vehicle, thats always been their style I guess and therefore this argument came about. Read the thread with a NON JEEP MIND and see who made stupid comments like it wont' match a JEEP off road etc. and you will get the point. Anyways, I see you are another JEEP owner so the word neutral would be a true luxury here or would you prove to be the exeption to the rule and in that case, a refreshing change.

Honestly, Trax Gurkha owners myself included have been through the JEEP jugaar stage, actually I owned a better piece of crud and that was a Wrangler with inline 6, one of my ill thought about purchases just like the Trans Am. If we wanted Jugaar JEEP or believed in how superior it is off road compared to the Gurkha, we would be driving it, but then this thread wouldn't exist now would it? So spare your breath and drive your JEEPs, just don't come into a Gurkha thread with silly effrontery that JEEP will do what a Gurkha won't. Franky, I am not interested and I am sure neither are those of us who have shelled out money for the Gurkha and intend to enjoy it to the full.

Last edited by Gurkha : 11th February 2009 at 21:38.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:36   #672
BHPian
 
Brutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 374
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

and unlike you , i get you proff too.
Here is a pic

Yes size does matter, because if you never learnt, the only way to make a rod stronger is to make it fatter. The shaktiman, has a very thick tube along with the axle, and its what take the load, what this tube in the gurka axle. Also since its a portal with a 2.06 portal drive ratio, you would need only half the drive ring pinion strangth than what is needed in non-portal axles, as the 2.06 ratio portal hub takes up half the load. Also the shaktimann's 2.234 inch axle shafts are a lot more stronger than what the gurkas can ever be.
Bikram

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th February 2009 at 18:38. Reason: see note in post
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:37   #673
BHPian
 
sanjayatarizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: "God's own Shaap"
Posts: 352
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Very interesting conversation exchanges.If this keeps up, i am sure the concerned folks will hit Senior Bhpian status in the next couple of hours
sanjayatarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:42   #674
BHPian
 
Brutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 374
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

Lol, tomm. is a holiday, and all my friends have gone to their villages, leaving me with nothing better to do. I am a student guys, so i dont have to bother if i sitting vella doing nothing.
Bikram
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:44   #675
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kalyani, West Bengal
Posts: 444
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
and unlike you , i get you proff too.
Here is a pic

Yes size does matter, because if you never learnt, the only way to make a rod stronger is to make it fatter. The shaktiman, has a very thick tube along with the axle, and its what take the load, what this tube in the gurka axle. Also since its a portal with a 2.06 portal drive ratio, you would need only half the drive ring pinion strangth than what is needed in non-portal axles, as the 2.06 ratio portal hub takes up half the load. Also the shaktimann's 2.234 inch axle shafts are a lot more stronger than what the gurkas can ever be.
Bikram
Man.......ever heard of metallurgy, the fact that small puny motorcyle gearboxes can take 260+bhp or for that matter F-1 vehicles regularly take 800+bhp with small gear boxes mean anything to you? Its not about size, its about design, metal used and therefore even with smaller girth, higher load bearing factor can be easily acheived. The Gurkha's chassis itself is a testament to that, it has less mass and is lighter than many chassis which are used in bigger vehicles and yet due to its tubular nature, it can sustain higher loads. Who told you Gurkha is portal?



Here is a F1 tranny capable of sustaining 800+bhp and yet it looks no bigger than a Maruti 800 tranny.

Size never matters, a skinny Chinese or Japanese man weighing less and smaller in height can give serious whupass to Ghee laden, doodh drinking big guy full of lard from a certain part of India. Its about design.

Last edited by Gurkha : 11th February 2009 at 21:50.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tyre for Trax Gurkha rhandle Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 48 12th September 2011 07:24
Trax Gurkha Test Drive on Horrible roads and Off-road too Samurai 4x4 Vehicles 271 24th June 2011 11:57
Om611 Crdi 125bhp For Trax Gurkha? ashu_82_2001 4x4 Technical 99 1st April 2010 19:24
Modding a Tempo Trax VooDoo Modifications & Accessories 24 25th March 2009 18:51
mm 540 or the trax gurkha?? sanket12 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 13 22nd June 2007 12:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks