Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 10th March 2009, 18:19   #766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Count on me for a soft top with OM611 coupled with newly developed Gear Box and PS.

Payment 100% advance by DD. It will be bonus if you can bargain dealer commission passed on to TBHP Group booking as a discount.
If you want to use this site as a group name you had better fire off a PM to GTO, the site owner first.

Also, what do you guys want in a mass buy, Gurkha or Judo or what?

Anyway, somebody PM me if you are serious about the new Gurkha, okay?
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 18:39   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
If you want to use this site as a group name you had better fire off a PM to GTO, the site owner first.

Also, what do you guys want in a mass buy, Gurkha or Judo or what?

Anyway, somebody PM me if you are serious about the new Gurkha, okay?
Yeah DD is right. I spoke to the person and he said no matter how many bookings we do still it wud come out when it will come.

I would personally prefer a Judo as already I have a Gurkha (SWB).

DD have you got a new Gurkha with you or at your dealership in Himachal?
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 19:14   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

I would prefer the Judo 4x4 since I want the practicality of a four door and from the army demo video floating around on you tube, I think even the LWB Judo is fairly capable. Only wish the would do something about the general interior finish and over all initial quality.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 19:33   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I would prefer the Judo 4x4 since I want the practicality of a four door..... Only wish the would do something about the general interior finish and over all initial quality.
+1 for Judo 4WD & what he said...
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 21:55   #770
BHPian

Default "If you want to use this site as a group name you had better fire off a PM to GTO, th

I think you had mistaken in interpreting my intention.

First the site was not addressed as group it intend to express group booking from TBHP members. Forgive me if I expressed wrong as being in south east Asia for almost 10 years I speak and write Singlish (Singapore English).

Second, majority of dealers are able to provide neither technical information nor test drive for Gurkha and demand 100% amount for booking.

Third, if some member is negotiating group booking (Sorry Site Booking), I believe no member shall be able to get best bargain (Price, Selection, delivery, Service, Priority Etc.) without confirming the number of units. you can count only on members willing to pay 100% advance payment. In such scenario no dealer is getting involved so individual joined in group booking (direct with Force Motors) should be benefited with dealer commission.

It seems quite a few members are having resources to bargain privileged deal with Force Management and volunteered to take initiative in response to that hope what I expressed was neither exorbitant nor provocative.

After few posts, I prevent my self from writing on TBHP. My desperation to owe one Tempo Vehicle with most desired engine installed in made me write my interest.
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 06:03   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
DD have you got a new Gurkha with you or at your dealership in Himachal?
No, nothing. My local dealer is VERY weak. I have to go to the big cities in the Punjab to get an answer. There is one dealer in Jalandhar that is interested enough to make a "phone call" for me once in awhile. The rest would rather watch their waiting room TVs than do something for a customer.

(shivshanker, your private messages are blocked. I can not reply to you.)

Last edited by DirtyDan : 11th March 2009 at 06:16.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 23:25   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi dinar,
Do you have a copy of it? I mean if you have it then can you post it by scanning it? Would be great!!!
Hey sorry was busy with work and travel so could not post this earlier, these are photos of the mag. Had to reduce the size for upload limit. but have high res photos too.

The last two pages give some details on the construction of the JUDO/gurkha chassis , diff and engine.
This is what a comparison should be like.
Attached Images

Last edited by dinar : 18th March 2009 at 23:30.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 23:49   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Hey sorry was busy with work and travel so could not post this earlier, these are photos of the mag. Had to reduce the size for upload limit. but have high res photos too.

The last two pages give some details on the construction of the JUDO/gurkha chassis , diff and engine.
This is what a comparison should be like.

Can you upload the hi-res pics to some site and give us the links. I remember reading this report back when I had no interest in 4x4 and I think Mahindra came first with Gurkha being rated second.
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 11:01   #774
Senior - BHPian

I'll do that soon, give me some time for it. The comparo was a politically correct one, with NO specific winner mentioned, it was left to the reader to decide which one he liked the most. It gave an interesting view of the Gurkha/Judo platform.
When this was printed, a turbo engined diesel was something we Indian could only read about [in international mags] and only other vehicle was the Sierra/safari.And that engine had problems than.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 11:20   #775
Senior - BHPian

hey dinar,
Thank you so much for remembering my request and posting the test comparo. How come i missed this report??

Some high resolution pics are welcome!

regards vinod
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 14:32   #776

Hi Bhpians,
I went to Force Authorized dealer on 17th. The conversation.

Me : Need to do enquiry about GURKHA.

Force Guy : Hmm (asked some girl from showroom to get the brochure folder from the desk) Gurkha Haan.

the folder was containing information regarding 10-15 vehicles(Trucks
,Buses, Goods carrier, Public carrier and GURKHA.

Force Guy : Here it is haan. This is a very good vehicle 4x4 like Gypsy it can go anywhere, by the way do you stay in village, Jungle or isolated area if not this vehicle doesn't make sense.

Me: Does he know or have contact number of any one who is driving gurkha.

Force Guy : I have never sold and never seen this vehicle and don't know anyone who drives this vehicle. This dealership was only selling goods carrier and its been only year and half since they have started selling other vehicles. Since then we have sold some traveller and mini buses.

Me : Than how will i get the test drive.

Force Guy: We have workshop I see what I can do. BTW when do you want the vehicle

Me : In a month. IF POSSIBLE.

Force guy talked to the Workshop guy on the other end for couple of minutes then handed the phone to me.

Workshop Guy: I have to talk to head office. I think I have to get the vehicle from Pune. Actually you are the first person who is enquiring about GURKHA. Please Leave your number and address at the showroom.We will keep you informed.

I gave the phone back to force guy.

Me : what is the price ?.

and here comes the shocker

Forceguy : It is 527075/- Ex showroom Thane

Me : Are you sure ? I have heard it is more then 8 grand.

Force guy: No I am pretty sure it is 527075/-

Me: please make sure

Force guy again dial's some number asking for the price as of 17 march 2009

Force guy : yes, it is 527075 Ex showroom Thane

Me : can I take the brochure?

Force guy: I get you the Xeroxed copy in a minute.

He came back with the xerox copy handed me the envelope with the business card and the price written on some sheet with address of dealer and documents required for buying and registration.

I left the showroom quite confused, there cannot be such a huge difference (3 NANO'S) in price.

TODAY

Got a call from the workshop guy he has given my number to a technical personnel who heads the maharashtra region. he will answer all the queries regarding the engine and gearbox I am still waiting for the call from Technical guy.
alligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 14:55   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Me : Are you sure ? I have heard it is more then 8 grand.
Alligator,

A small correction.
Its 8 Lacs and not 8 grand. A grand is a thousand, so 8 grand is 8000.
No offense.

But 5.27 is way lower than what Rahul mentioned, he's bought one recently and said its for around 9 lacs.

Cheers !!!!!

Last edited by randeep04 : 19th March 2009 at 14:57.
randeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 19:15   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator View Post
Me : what is the price?..... and here comes the shocker
Forceguy : It is 527075/- Ex showroom Thane

I left the showroom quite confused, there cannot be such a huge difference (3 NANO'S) in price.
I think he got confused between the GAMA and the GURKHA and quoted you the price for the base version of GAMA. But, on the off-chance that it is indeed the current price for a GURKHA be ready to jump on it and snap it up.

The ex-showroom price for a Gurkha hard-top is around Rs 7.8 lakhs, and the soft-top without AC is around 7.4 lakhs. These are the prices I was quoted when I enquired about the GAMA & GURKHA last month (FEB 2009).

I also have a list of the MRPs from the Force factory:
(prices valid only till 31-3-09)
Gama BS II .............................MRP Rs.527076/-
Gama BS III ............................MRP Rs.554882/-
Gama BS II 4x4 (w/o AC & PS)....MRP Rs.592550/-
Gama BS II AC+PS ...................MRP Rs.595563/-
Gama BS III AC+PS...................MRP Rs.612274/-
Gurkha Soft Top (w/o AC)...........MRP Rs.758195/-
Gurkha Metal Top......................MRP Rs.800755/-

Cheers.
H3LIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 20:06   #779
Senior - BHPian

He's been given the Gama pricing for sure. Or I will take the next flight to Thane and buy the Gurkha.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 22:23   #780

Hi,
Got a call from the technical person from force this is what he has to say about price, engine and availability.

It is INR 800755/- also asked the name of dealership and personnel who quoted INR 527076/-

Vehicle comes with TD 2650 FTI Turbo Charged Intercooled EGR & Oxycat you can get this vehicle (BS II or BS III) standards

NOW one cannot order GURKHA with OM611 & newly developed gearbox. It is only being developed for traveller and the main reason is to meet BS IV standards and there are no plans for GURKHA with BS IV

Availability is within the month once you book the vehicle.
alligator is offline   Reply With Quote