BHPian

Hope this helps Deposit Files
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 11:54   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Dinar & Mods,
Could you please help us with this file?
It seems like the file cannot be downloaded by more than 10 users.
Thank you very much.
Warm Regards,
Deepak
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Even iam finding some error message on the down load

Hope this helps Deposit Files
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 11:56   #858
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This is like saying 'car racing track is a car racing track' -- it doesn't matter that be it drag racing or F1 or closed track or 24 hr Le Mans etc etc.

So by your logic, Gurkha is the off-road equivalent of a racing car being 'the best' irrespective of the tracks & kind of racing -- drag, F1, closed track etc etc.. Just change the tyres and you are all set -- as long as you know how to use it .
Nope, its sheer junk, Gurkha is crud, Gypsies and Jeep are the lord, I bow to thy humbly..............not.

And in your logic, JEEP or Gypsy is and in that case, Gurkha, FJ, Gelande Wagen are all just claims, nothing can come close to JEEP or Gypsy.

Sheer nonsense based on conjectures. How many times has the Gurkha been to OTR in India. In that sense, I have seen Pajeros, FJ in wrong hands at these so called OTRs do poorly against home grown Gypsies and JEEP, does that make them incompetent in any sense and should the world dump them and make beeline for Jugaru JEEP and Gypsies. I don't think so.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st April 2009 at 12:44.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 12:08   #859
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Gurka is in a separate class, how so? Both are old school body on ladder frame SUVs with front IFS, rear solid axle with leaf springs. High GC, low overhangs, optional 4x4, closely matched OTR capability. Old school 4cyl diesel engines around 2.5 liter capacity, different seating variants, old parts bin content that is depreciated and tooling paid for.
If anything, its the Trax line that is more roomy interiors with better ride quality and more wheelbase/door choices.

Yes, Kirloskar, Sriram are all in the same category and Force is too. Maybe Force should stick to machining and assembling the beloved Mercedes engines and leave sales, marketing and product planning to more competent company.
Shows how little you know, Gurkha is tubular, Bolero is box frame, Gurkha is IFS in 4WD, Bolero is Live. Gurkha's powertrain rating is far higher than Bolero's, also the parts are derived from proven MB components, where is Bolero's pedigree? Old Willys, Mahindra, PUKEGOT and Dana. Please spare me. As for GC, A Gurkha has 238mm with 16" wheels, what is Bolero's stock clearance, way less if you care to look. Of course all this is inconsequential as Bolero comes from the makers of JEEP, thats the sacred ground which is revered, how can anyone possibly tread on that.

Of course, Force should join the likes and hype market junk, add some carpets, round out the look, add some DVD player, do some slick ads in the desert with a skank and use cheap crummy powertrain that needs overhaul under 100,000km, Force is a fool here no doubt. They just minimize their profit and loose out to the gullible Indian public for sure.

Last edited by Gurkha : 1st April 2009 at 12:14.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 12:40   #860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
Nope, its sheer junk, Gurkha is crud, Gypsies and Jeep are the lord, I bow to thy humbly..............not.
No. No one said that.

Quote:
And in your logic, JEEP or Gypsy is and in that case, Gurkha, FJ, Gelande Wagen are all just claims, nothing can come close to JEEP or Gypsy.
Again. No one said that. It's your claims that 'Gurkha' is the lord is what people are not accepting AND WILL NOT accept -- and you can shout that out however much you want.

Quote:
Sheer nonsense based on conjectures.
Yes. Very true -- You just need to introspect the same about the Gurkha.

Quote:
How many times has the Gurkha been to OTR in India. In that sense, I have seen Pajeros, FJ in wrong hands at these so called OTRs do poorly against home grown Gypsies and JEEP, does that make them incompetent in any sense and should the world dump them and make beeline for Jugaru JEEP and Gypsies. I don't think so.
Neither does anyone else here. Infact almost all people here have mentioned that Gurkha is a capable off-roading machine BUT NOT the best and for sure NOT a 4x4 that can conquer ALL terrains.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 13:17   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Infact almost all people here have mentioned that Gurkha is a capable off-roading machine BUT NOT the best and for sure NOT a 4x4 that can conquer ALL terrains.
Aptly said, Shahnawaz.
Though I doubt if it will get the point across
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 14:52   #862
Senior - BHPian

Hey sorry guys for the error , did not know about it, but I believe rhandle has uploaded it again on the different server. Sorry for the inconvenience.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:32   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Gurkha:

Let me speak very slowly so you may understand.

No one is claiming that Gurkha is a bad vehicle. It is a very competent vehicle. We just disagree (very strongly) about your claim that it is the best 4WD vehicle in the world and the likes of jeeps and defenders are just posers. BTW, you keep throwing the G-wagen name around in your claims about the Gurkha. The Gurkha is not the G-wagen. It is loosely based on the earlier version of the G-wagen. The chasis, engine, body, and suspension are designed by Force motors. The differentials/transfer case/gearbox are from Mercedes. How does the Gurkha become the G-Wagen?

Last edited by 4x4addict : 1st April 2009 at 16:34.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:39   #864
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen Pajeros, FJ in wrong hands at these so called OTRs do poorly against home grown Gypsies...
Home grown Gypsy?
I must say, you really have to brush up your knowledge outside the hallowed GWagen, FJ, Gurkha circle .
I am intrigued how you came this conclusion.
Please enlighten or else refrain from making such illogical sweeping statements.
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:51   #865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

...Gurkha was meant for off road, it was never to be used for on road and off road is where it excels.
Quote:

I am just wondering which 'off-road terrain' it excels in. For example, when we talk of Gypsy we can immediately say that it excels in Sand and slush - because of it's light weight. The jeeps in rock crawling etc..

I think what we at times tend to generalize this term called 'off-road'. At times people call a jungle trail an off-road, some call bad roads an off-road, some call agriculture fields an off-road, some will say only a 'rubicon' or 'rain forest challenge' to be an off-road, for some sand is off-road. And in EACH terrain you need a different setup for your off-roader. What works in sand in Middle east may not work in Rubicon trail and so on..

Quote:
Every kind of terrain you can throw at it. Thats the beauty, be it rocky or sandy depending as long as you know how to use it. Bear in mind different trails need different kind of tires specific to terrain.

No generalizations, an off road trail is an off road trail period, be it US or India, of course, the level of difficulty varies and so does the machine.
From these statements of yours, anyone (even a person like me who is new to off-roading) can safely say that these posts of yours "Show how little you know about off-roading" and the irony is that you are defending the Gurkha's off-roading capability.

Now I can better understand where you are coming from.
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:05   #866
BHPian

Guys,
Lets keep it healthy now, although my saying that after what happened, almost makes it sound like a joke.

The point is, just like what got Gotzuk said, the one whom you are trying to chat-up to stop arguing over nothing and share know-how ain't listening. I mean there has to something if we all are saying the same thing. There were some contradicting things said, against which proofs given too, and then there were some points that just amounted to general common sense and never needed any proof, but whatever they were, they were not even heeded to, or entirely ignored and as for the claims, well, there were no proofs either, all i got was "if you need any proof then go find it yourself".

We are in the 4wheeldrive forum to discuss what we love the most, anything with power to all 4 wheels. But frankly, this is not discussion,. Here the basic rule is to totally refrain from discussing the sour points of one vehicle, while any weakness of the other vehicles is supposed to act like a shot in the arm.

I have spent enough time doing just that, and never got a single proof of any claims, so theres no reason for me to beleive you would get any too.

Yes, if the discussion does continue, i from my experiance can tell you that
#1-within 10 more posts you might get more irritated,
#2-within 15 posts and there are chances you might get a little aggressive,
#3-within 20 posts and now things for sure might broaden up to things that have nothing common to the topic, for i.e. WW2, fighter planes, tanks, spaceships, guy/girl next door(well,you get the picture),
#4-Things will escalate to someone saying something that might score "you" an infraction, which none of wants for a totally useless and unreasonable thing,
## And finally, all the amounts of energy from different people gone for this and the number of points you managed across,even the ones with proof ???
Ummmmm, let me think, uhhhh..., well, yeh= A big fat Zero (0).

Not that theres any winner or loser, because neither will there be any winners left ,nor are we here to win an arguement in the first place, but as far as the question is concerned as to what happens if you manage to provide a proof with you point against the case?? or would things change for the good, and for a change we would actually get to learn thing or two about the Trax, rather than baseless comments?
Well, 2 things can happen regarding the points, either its pushed aside as to not suiting the agruements for the case, no matter how valid,
or, its brushed aside and you are told its from a doubtable source, whereas all the points for the case provided by the other person do not need any proofs, neither photographs, nor any material, whatsoever, period.
In any case, if your point makes the slightest sense, expect the entire thing to start back from square one.
And would things change?
I dont think so. Atleast the last time they dod not.

This does not sound like a discussion forum,guys. Its a court-room, where one side is a Govt. Lawyer, who just has to read out the offence, and does not need to provide any source or proof, just points, and you are expected to argue against it to save your client, look up to sources where you can counter his claims, put them at their place, and set it straight, but there is absolutely no guarantee if the "Sarkari Vakeel" is even going to listen to you, or take your points in the right prospective. Trust me guys, its a really hard case, the other party's not even listening, so theres no point fighting it, just let your client go to jail and rest easy. Yeh, i know, kinda sounds like the Bofors trail, or the millions of other cases against corrupt politicians, where no proof, no matter of whatever significance, is not worth it to amount to execution.

Yes, another thing, if anybody loves arguing, and has a Force-loads of patience,then this is the longest popcorn chat you could ever have, but take it for granted as far as gaining knowledge is concerned, you will remain standing right were you were before you entered the topic.

Surgeons General Warning: Arguing in this forum is injurous to your mental health

Authors general warning: There is no resemblances to the characters on this post, either direct or indirect, frictious or real life. Any resemblance is purely coincidental and readers discretion is advised.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:53   #867
Team-BHP Support

Et tu, Brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
This does not sound like a discussion forum,guys. Its a court-room, where one side is a Govt. Lawyer, who just has to read out the offence, and does not need to provide any source or proof, just points, and you are expected to argue against it to save your client, look up to sources where you can counter his claims, put them at their place, and set it straight, but there is absolutely no guarantee if the "Sarkari Vakeel" is even going to listen to you, or take your points in the right prospective. Trust me guys, its a really hard case, the other party's not even listening, so theres no point fighting it, just let your client go to jail and rest easy.
Why should the sarkari vakeel matter? The judgement is made by the Judge or the Jury. Here the Judge/Jury are the silent members who read this regularly.

Just yesterday a friend asked me how I got into offroading. After all, I hadn't heard of the term offroading before I joined this forum or even, before I became a moderator. Exactly 3 years back, I came across this newly created thread. That's right, this thread just completed 3 years couple of days back. For some strange reason I started following it, and within a month the most famous Gurkha video gets posted. And many of us get hooked. Soon rrnsss (Ramachandran) joins and starts sharing info on his LWB Judo.

These were ancient times, when one could not buy a Gurkha no matter what. So we all regulars of this thread keep this thread active hanging on to every morsel of info we can get about this legendary and almost mythical vehicle. At the end of that year my cousin independently books a Gurkha by paying 2 lakhs down. When he called us to inform about it, he is actually shocked to find that my wife knew all about Gurkha including specs like diff locks and snorkel.

To make the long story short, two years after I first read this thread, I ended up having two 4x4 vehicles in my stable. But neither is a Gurkha. I got into offroading because of this thread.

How did this highly informative thread go from unquestioned Gurkha worship to Gurkha critique thread? Simple, Gurkha was finally unleashed by Force Motors and we mortals got to see it in person, some of us got to own it. In other words, it no more enjoys the god like status. Across the country it has offroad shoulder-to-shoulder with Jeeps & Gypsies and other offroad worthies. It has proven to be very capable but not invincible, just like any other offroader. And most have understood it, accepted it and moved on.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 01:22   #868
BHPian

Yeh thats right, and thats exactly how i came to know about it, even though it was'nt here i read about it. If you google Gurkha, and all(and i mean ALL) these discussion forums that come up regarding it, you somehow crash into this one person, useing the same kind of language, so much so that in all those forums(provided they are in English) it looks like just the same guy, who sole objective to join the forum was to talk about the invincibility of the Gurkha, like he was paid to do so by the company, be it to Indians or ppl abroad, but never any off-roading pictures or documents(not that i am pointing to anyone here). As i learnt more about it, i realized its just like any other vehicle here. If the other vehicles score some points in being lighter , or maybe more agile due to smaller size, and more articulation, this one scores in the diff-locks, power, and even the higher weight in some areas.
Infact, theres a friend of mine who bought a gurkha on the sole account that someone told him nothing beats it. How bought it, even though he himself told me that he thinks its way over-priced. Later when i did have a chat with him , he did realize its quite like the other vehicle, and adding a few things to them would put them in the same league too, maybe even with lessor money involved. But he's a jolly guy, who likes his photography, and thats the only thing he bought it for, passing through corbett, not hardcore off-roading, which he says even if it excelled at, he would never want to put his expensive and new vehicle through.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:53   #869
BHPian

If not totally off topic,
There is a brand new Gurkha put up at the force motors showroom under the richmond circle flyover in bangalore. Couldnt take a pic as my battery was low.
How can i be sure that its a Gurkha ?
well, it had a chrome snorkel. Its black in color. It has a temp yellow registration sticker. And it sure is a head turner.

Regards,
Krishna.
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:04   #870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
... it had a chrome snorkel. Its black in color. ....
For sure it has to be the Gurkha.