Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 1st June 2009, 08:33   #916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu_82_2001 View Post
HI TO ALL GUYS,,,i need ur help,,,,,inform each & evry member abt this, this is like a vote,,,how many of ull would like to have a trax gurkha with the new OM611 CRDI 125 BHP. It may come on both either the trax gama or the gurkha, If ther is a good response then only it will be available on the gurkha. First it wil be coming on the travller then only we can expect it on gurkha. any suggestions feel free to say as this wil be put up at Force Motors. If u hav any suggestions on the gurkha with the TD 2650 DI engine please come forward. i need to make a list abt the customer expectations regarding price ,interiors & exterior. Please i request everyone to come forward & give their review.
Thanks.
Ashwat Pujari
Who in blue blazes are you?

I will take one Gurkha, PS, 4x4, a/c, differential locks. Keep it simple and functional and do not screw up the OM611 with cheap bolt on fuel pumps that keep blowing out their rubber seals. That would make me angry. If it's good, 8.8 out the door. Beats the 'H' out of a Bolero or Scorpio for sure.

By the way, why are Force dealers all idiots? Did they used to be Mahindra marketing folk, per chance?

Last edited by DirtyDan : 1st June 2009 at 08:35.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 10:25   #917
BHPian

Hey all hold on to your horses. Ashwat is just another enthu guy like us who happens to like Gurkha and is trying all his best to get one -- this is my guess as per his post. I could not make out from where you guys came with idea that Aswat is from some force dealer?
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 16:07   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Hey all hold on to your horses. Ashwat is just another enthu guy like us who happens to like Gurkha and is trying all his best to get one -- this is my guess as per his post. I could not make out from where you guys came with idea that Aswat is from some force dealer?
I figured he is an enthusiast rather than someone connected with Force since he has such high aspirations of Force Motors. Another dissapointed guy who will be driving a Jeep/Gypsy after a one year wait for the OM611
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 01:39   #919

Default me agian

Hi, mine is from 1994 it s the gurkha model and has the mercedes 2.4l diesel engine producing around 65bhp but over 150NM of tourqe which is impressive as for the parts i found from where to buy them. Right now i am restoring it and preparing to fit a 6l turbo charged Cummins diesel engine i ll keep you up to date with my project thanks.

And BTW Malta is a country )
landaracingteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 01:30   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Aswat pujari,
Are you the guy from Force motors? If yes good to see you here and good to learn force is trying to go customer centric.If you go through the compelete thread carefully, i dont think you need to take a poll all over again!!

1. Almost every one wants to have OM611 CRDi and some have posponed thier buying decision waiting for this engine. so bring it on!

2. Current Gurkha pricing is absurd. Every body says that. So an increase in price with OM 611 crdi engine would kill the product all the more. I expect the vehicle to be priced at 7.5 lakhs on road with CRDi engine

3. Interiors, owners have already commented and i need not eloberate further. Please do away with Premier padmini kind of dash board to a more up market one and provide better a/c controls and all. Quality of vehicle is of supreme importance

4. The factor you must consider the most is your dealer support which you missed in your message. Please make them more customer sensetive and provide them information from company end.

5. Please provide a/c , p/s, 4wd and rear diff lock as an option on GAMA. All this for 6.8 lakh on road

Address the above issues, i dont see any reason for Force not doing 3000 units every month in Gurkha and gama category

hey sorry dude im not from FORCE nor im representing them. Im in touch with some people at force out of them someone has requested to provide some details about the customer feedback on the new gurkha and the OM611 CRDI. Thanks for the feedback will be forwarding it to Force.
Quote:
Hi rahul your right im not a force dealer. God thanks im not one but if i do own one day wont be as stupid as these guys. I have been behind guys at force for the IDI gurkha , its been 3 years im waiting but i feel it wil be worth waiting. So hows your car doing. Man you do a lot of off road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I figured he is an enthusiast rather than someone connected with Force since he has such high aspirations of Force Motors. Another dissapointed guy who will be driving a Jeep/Gypsy after a one year wait for the OM611

hey 4x4addict , i wont be disappointed just wait & watch. Ill never in my life buy a gypsy or jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landaracingteam View Post
Hi, mine is from 1994 it s the gurkha model and has the mercedes 2.4l diesel engine producing around 65bhp but over 150NM of tourqe which is impressive as for the parts i found from where to buy them. Right now i am restoring it and preparing to fit a 6l turbo charged Cummins diesel engine i ll keep you up to date with my project thanks.

And BTW Malta is a country )
hey hi finally your back. Im the one who sent you the mail. Why dont you upload some pics of your gurkha.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th June 2009 at 10:32.
ashu_82_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 05:06   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hey 4x4addict , i wont be disappointed just wait & watch. Ill never in my life buy a gypsy or jeep.
I am hoping that you are right. Hope that you have luck waking the sleeping Giant :-).
Old 7th June 2009, 09:39   #922
Senior - BHPian

Default Gurkha- Photoshop

Quote:
hey hi finally your back. Im the one who sent you the mail. Why dont you upload some pics of your gurkha.
hey can you send some good pix of your gurkha? lemme work on redesigning it on PS and send it to you. I really love that car but very rare to find one.

thanks in advance

Last edited by 14000rpm : 7th June 2009 at 09:40.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 12:43   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
hey can you send some good pix of your gurkha? lemme work on redesigning it on PS and send it to you. I really love that car but very rare to find one.

thanks in advance
The best pictures you will find is on team-bhp. There are many pics. Force just needs to revert back to the classic g-wagen look from the current Toofan/Cruiser/Gama look.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:45   #924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uddalakgupta View Post
I'm looking for a jeep and have heard great things about the Trax Gurkha (2400 mm SWB) from Bajaj Tempo. Supposed to have awesome offroad abilities. Can anyone suggest where I can get more dope on it, since one has to place an order to get it? (There's almost no possibility of a test-drive as it's only available on a made-to-order basis.) Does anyone own one? Are there any road reports on it? Comments, guys...

yes i own a 1994 one if you want to test drive you can come and drive it i live in malta so to try it you have to come here sorry i can t offer you better BUT i guarantte you that in the 10 years my family have been driving we only changed the clutch and now need a sincromesh for the 2nd gear! We drive hard and i take it off road on rocky areas as here we do not have deserts but still i never destroyed anything except the front diff which i took off and now use it only in 2wd (RWD)
Old 14th June 2009, 18:22   #925
BHPian

Quote:
HI TO ALL GUYS,,,i need ur help,,,,,inform each & evry member abt this, this is like a vote,,,how many of ull would like to have a trax gurkha with the new OM611 CRDI 125 BHP. It may come on both either the trax gama or the gurkha, If ther is a good response then only it will be available on the gurkha. First it wil be coming on the travller then only we can expect it on gurkha. any suggestions feel free to say as this wil be put up at Force Motors. If u hav any suggestions on the gurkha with the TD 2650 DI engine please come forward. i need to make a list abt the customer expectations regarding price ,interiors & exterior. Please i request everyone to come forward & give their review.
Thanks.
Ashwat Pujari

Hope your effort will pay off.
Here is my list (based on one drive in rhandle's Gurkha):

1. LWB Gurkha/Gamma/Judo, 4 (i.e. 5) door, PS, AC, 4WD, differential locks, turbo engine (don't mind TD 2650 or OM 611 as long as they can be registered privately).

2. Heating option with AC. Preferably temperature control.

3. Improvement of interior ergonomics - placement of window lever is currently very odd. Better seating would be welcome.

4. Options like intermittent wipe, anti glare rearview which are not difficult to incorporate.

5. Roof ceiling requires some padding to avoid head bumps.

6. Better rubber seals and fitments to avoid rattling.

7. Better after sales service (AFS) and better informed dealers (is that asking too much?)

8. I would be comfortable with on road price of about 7 lakhs.

Will you please keep me posted if you are successful with Force Motors?

Thx!
onlinestuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 23:12   #926
BHPian

Quote:

Hi rahul your right im not a force dealer. God thanks im not one but if i do own one day wont be as stupid as these guys. I have been behind guys at force for the IDI gurkha , its been 3 years im waiting but i feel it wil be worth waiting. So hows your car doing. Man you do a lot of off road.
Hi Ashu. If you want a Gurkha this one is as excellent as any other. After waiting for 3 years and talking from director level to down the peon level after 2 years I did put my foot down and got this. Trust me with its low end torque it would not disappoint you. Any ways beggars are not choosers.

BTW I just came back from Gangtok today. This drive was right after my Mumbai/Pune drive. Planning a report on that. Spent 6 days in my village in Bihar, where almost everyday I had to off-road forcefully 20 kms to get to city and Gurkha really did surprise me. It was all slush because of rains and at one place it just came out with ease thanks to the "Brahma Astra" Diff. Locks !

There were certain more issues identified, which I would let all know along with pics in my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinestuffa View Post
Hope your effort will pay off.
Here is my list (based on one drive in rhandle's Gurkha):

1. LWB Gurkha/Gamma/Judo, 4 (i.e. 5) door, PS, AC, 4WD, differential locks, turbo engine (don't mind TD 2650 or OM 611 as long as they can be registered privately).

2. Heating option with AC. Preferably temperature control.

3. Improvement of interior ergonomics - placement of window lever is currently very odd. Better seating would be welcome.

4. Options like intermittent wipe, anti glare rearview which are not difficult to incorporate.

5. Roof ceiling requires some padding to avoid head bumps.

6. Better rubber seals and fitments to avoid rattling.

7. Better after sales service (AFS) and better informed dealers (is that asking too much?)

8. I would be comfortable with on road price of about 7 lakhs.

Will you please keep me posted if you are successful with Force Motors?

Thx!
I would be adding few more things and most of the points you have raised are very valid and important.

I am not sure why all people are calling Gurkha expensive. I guess it's worth its price in every sense.

FOr example lets compare it with Bolero for which I was told the price for 2wd version was around 6.5 lakhs.

Now think of Gurkha:

1.OEM DIFF. LOCK company fitted - Approx 35 -40K
2. PTO in Gwagen they are costing about Euro 1500
3. 3 lakhs kms warranty - extended warranty would cost in any other car, and then also you wont get it for 3 lakhs km.
4. 12 free services. If we count KM wise then I get free service for upto 87500 kms or time wise for one and half years. Take this in to consideration.
5. Now consider the looks you gain whenever you move, people coming and asking you about the car. I had had my fair share of experiences from one Land cruiser guy rolling down his windows to chek it out to me telling certain people that Snorkel is actually an exhaust and the vehicle is actually a modified TRACTOR! Even if you consider that every look you get which boost your ego is worth 10 paise, very soon you would have made up for the loss you think you made by paying for this vehicle!

Besides do not forget about the engine and gearbox build!

So it is in comparison equivalent to 2wd Bolero price.

Get it drive it and then only one would know. To each man his own machine!
rhandle is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 14:33   #927
Senior - BHPian

Default Pto

Quote:
I would be adding few more things and most of the points you have raised are very valid and important.

I am not sure why all people are calling Gurkha expensive. I guess it's worth its price in every sense.

FOr example lets compare it with Bolero for which I was told the price for 2wd version was around 6.5 lakhs.

Now think of Gurkha:

1.OEM DIFF. LOCK company fitted - Approx 35 -40K
2. PTO in Gwagen they are costing about Euro 1500
3. 3 lakhs kms warranty - extended warranty would cost in any other car, and then also you wont get it for 3 lakhs km.
4. 12 free services. If we count KM wise then I get free service for upto 87500 kms or time wise for one and half years. Take this in to consideration.
5. Now consider the looks you gain whenever you move, people coming and asking you about the car. I had had my fair share of experiences from one Land cruiser guy rolling down his windows to chek it out to me telling certain people that Snorkel is actually an exhaust and the vehicle is actually a modified TRACTOR! Even if you consider that every look you get which boost your ego is worth 10 paise, very soon you would have made up for the loss you think you made by paying for this vehicle!

Besides do not forget about the engine and gearbox build!

So it is in comparison equivalent to 2wd Bolero price.

Get it drive it and then only one would know. To each man his own machine!
Hi Rahul,

Nice travelogue, wrt the PTO what will you do with it.

Any reputed transfer case has a PTO port and PTO's.

The M&M use a Dana/Spicer PTO which is used for Hydraulic pumps and various farm implements & tools, the PTO cost about Rs2500.

Since the vehicle is IFS will be very difficult to fit a front PTO Winch, (Rotzler) and compensate for the additional load.

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 15:13   #928

HI ashu how do you post pics?
Old 15th June 2009, 21:55   #929
BANNED

The Gurkha uses BOSCH Made in Germany hydraulics and PUCH PTO with ZF diff locks. The PTO which is also the same as used in the famous G Wagen is an Euro 800 option. They BOSCH hydraulics cost around Rs.30,000 and total for the diff locks in Gurkha cost around Rs. 50,000 add on.

Winches are used on IFS Toyota FJ with no issues, Gurkha front IFS is rated to pull 1.8ton which is higher than most rwd off roaders.

Last edited by Gurkha : 15th June 2009 at 22:02.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 10:42   #930
Senior - BHPian

Default Pto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
The Gurkha uses BOSCH Made in Germany hydraulics and PUCH PTO with ZF diff locks. The PTO which is also the same as used in the famous G Wagen is an Euro 800 option. They BOSCH hydraulics cost around Rs.30,000 and total for the diff locks in Gurkha cost around Rs. 50,000 add on.

Winches are used on IFS Toyota FJ with no issues, Gurkha front IFS is rated to pull 1.8ton which is higher than most rwd off roaders.

I think the Diff-Locks are also of the PUCH Design, as the axles are PUCH designed, similar to the TATA 407.

Does the TLC FJ come with an OEM PTO winch?. Definitely winches can be fitted but what about the suspension, dropping a few inches because of the additional weight?

There are Suspension kits for the FJ Cruiser.

The Gurkha front IFS is Rated at 1150Kg Max.

The Gurkha is rated to pull a braked trailer of 3750Kgs & un-braked trailer of 750Kgs. (excluding the GVW).

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote