Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 25th April 2010, 15:55   #1051
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

If force can put in the OM611 and price it correctly I think it will give the Bolero some good competition, but then again we are talking about Force Motors here..

I guess by know many of this Forum would have realized my intense scorn for Force Motors, but franky I cannot respect a company that had access to Mercedes technology and platforms and didn't have the guts to stand up to Mahindra and Tata who have done well with vehicles that were far inferior to the Tempo Trax when they were launched.
mercedes technology and platforms are costly . The 4*4 on a mahindra is a cheap gearbox . Force motors trax has a zf gearbox . Force motors know their strength . the tempo traveller sells in very good numbers . As far as traveller is concerned it is the best selling product in the segment .Mahindra or tata do not have a product to compete with the traveller .
Now , where is the logic of force concentrating on a 4*4 ? how many nos will they sell?
The trax has a virtual monopoly in some markets . Most of you on these forums are of the opinion that the Mahindra is reliable . But , in some of the markets if you take a look , they would tell you otherwise . The trax is much more reliable .
For what ever Force is charging a premium when equated with the mahindra ,I still think the Trax is VFM .

Getting a world class gearbox , suspension , and engine is in itself a package and depending on the nos that they sell , I think there is an oppurtunity to reduce prices .

P.S - I do not work for force motors . The above is just my point of reason
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 22:57   #1052

Default New Engine By Force Motors and Their Credentials

Hi to All:

This news further narrows down the fact that Force Motors is gearing up to live up to the expectations of new generations.

The new Tempo Traveller bus from Abans Auto

We might expect some good news about releases from Force Motors, pretty soon.

Ganesh Laxmanmurthy
lganimys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 11:22   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lganimys View Post
...This news further narrows down the fact that Force Motors is gearing up to live up to the expectations of new generations....
Oh, yes , sure ! Force motors is definitely geared up to live to the expectations of the new generations...who are growing up ABROAD (not in INDIA) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lganimys View Post
...We might expect some good news about releases from Force Motors, pretty soon...
The only good news about releases from Force motors that we, as Indians, can expect will be when an employee there gets pregnant and delivers a healthy baby .

Sorry for the sarcasm/cynicism...but i came upon TeamBHP many years ago, when i was searching on the internet for info on the Trax 4X4 range of vehicles (Gama 4WD to be precise, and I think it was this same thread that came up in the search). Nothing positive has happened in so many years from Force motors, as far as 4WD vehicles for the Indian market are concerned.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 13:06   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
mercedes technology and platforms are costly . The 4*4 on a mahindra is a cheap gearbox . Force motors trax has a zf gearbox . Force motors know their strength . the tempo traveller sells in very good numbers . As far as traveller is concerned it is the best selling product in the segment .Mahindra or tata do not have a product to compete with the traveller .
Now , where is the logic of force concentrating on a 4*4 ? how many nos will they sell?
The trax has a virtual monopoly in some markets . Most of you on these forums are of the opinion that the Mahindra is reliable . But , in some of the markets if you take a look , they would tell you otherwise . The trax is much more reliable .
For what ever Force is charging a premium when equated with the mahindra ,I still think the Trax is VFM .

Getting a world class gearbox , suspension , and engine is in itself a package and depending on the nos that they sell , I think there is an oppurtunity to reduce prices .

P.S - I do not work for force motors . The above is just my point of reason
Hi Greatmana,

ZF gearboxes are used by Tata, Ashok Leyland, and Force, but these are made in India, and not imported ZFF Gearboxes.

Ashok Leyland & Tata also use the Puch T-Case.

Regards to the Trax suspension, its definitely nice and has a robust steering box, do you know how many ball-joints they use in the Steering system?

Any guesses why the Trax vehicles have a reputation as tyre eaters.

The Sum of All the components need not necessarily be a winner.

Wrt to Tempo Traveller Segement how many M&M Tourister are selling?

Regards,

Arka
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 19:45   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

@greatmana:

I appreciate your attempts to support force motors, but make not of the following:

1) Technology can be licensed but doesn't have to be imported, ie. They can be made locally like the OM616 for example.

2) I am not talking 4x4, but even in the 2WD segment, they had a good product that was far better than the Tata Sumo or the Mahindra Bolero but Mahindra and Tata have left Force eating their dust with inferior products. This is due to lack of vision/brains by Force motors management and nothing else.

3) Can you give us some numbers to verify the Traveller sales? Traveller definitely had the first mover advantage but Tata is trying to crack the premium van market with the Winger and currently I would agree that Traveller has no real competition in the premium segment. But in the low end segment the Mahindra Tourister is very popular. I don't have the sales numbers, so I wont' make any claims about market leadership.

4) No point in discussing *inferior* (as you claim) mahindra technology. Regardless of Mahindra's *inferior* tech, they are light years ahead of Force Motors in sales and products.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 20:55   #1056

Default Force Motors New Release

Hi Friends:

Below is the link which gives the actual information from the company itself regarding the product in discussion everywhere about force motor's test vehicle.

I personally feel that they would fail in this endeavour.

I just cant imagine about every company from India going to china to procure auto parts.

Finally they fail in marketing as few people buy when china name comes.

The new premier mini suv is an example of failure due to chineese colaboration.

Force Motors to launch premium SUV this year

Ganesh Laxmanmurthy
Old 7th May 2010, 14:26   #1057
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Greatmana,

ZF gearboxes are used by Tata, Ashok Leyland, and Force, but these are made in India, and not imported ZFF Gearboxes.

I know ZF gearboxes are used in other vehicles . But the problem is related to specifically imported GB for 4*4 vehicles . I meant Force motors import the GB for the 4*4 as the demand is quite low and it isnt feasible to manufacture GB in small nos .

Ashok Leyland & Tata also use the Puch T-Case.

Yes , again how many 4*4 AL or Tata vehicles are out there ?

Regards to the Trax suspension, its definitely nice and has a robust steering box, do you know how many ball-joints they use in the Steering system?

Yes , I do . I think you are talking abt the Hub upper and lower ball joint . Compared to a king pin in the mahindra I think it is an improvement . Now even mahindra has started using ball joint setups . Tata sumo , safari , bolero all use ball joints on hubs these days .

The problem with the trax is its torsion rod .. not the ball joints as such in my opinion . I would have liked coil springs in its place .

Any guesses why the Trax vehicles have a reputation as tyre eaters.
Because of the torsion rod .

The Sum of All the components need not necessarily be a winner.

Wrt to Tempo Traveller Segement how many M&M Tourister are selling?

I dont know abt the sales of Tourister . But i know for sure that the traveller outnumbers all other vehicles in ambulance and motor home applications .

Regards,

Arka
Tourister is diff from traveller . Traveller is unibody and tourister is body on chaisis
Old 7th May 2010, 14:48   #1058
BANNED

well, even maruti outbeats every other car manufacturer in India .

Last edited by Dippy : 7th May 2010 at 15:57. Reason: Please avoid quoting long posts when replying to a thread. Makes it difficult for others to read. Thanks.
Old 9th May 2010, 01:06   #1059

Default OM646 Engines For Force Vehicles

Hi Friends:

I heard that OM646 would be used in all the future models of Force MUV/SUVs tuned to different power zones. Is that true?

Ganesh Laxmanmurthy
Old 27th June 2010, 01:41   #1060
BHPian

2006 trax gurkha IDI, wish they launch gurkha with OM611
Attached Images

ashu_82_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 10:45   #1061
Awaiting Email Confirmation

With mercedes-benz logo.
girishbhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 10:26   #1062
BHPian

Guys Got my self a 2007 17K done Gurkha ST

Some pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post1977907

Cheers
Sunil
hisunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 01:11   #1063
BHPian

Congrats sunil. have fun
ashu_82_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 11:29   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu_82_2001 View Post
wish they launch gurkha with OM611
They will launch it for sure. When i dunno. Hopefully soon. Have been watching a prototype of GURKHA under testing with the common rail engine.
star_aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 11:40   #1065
BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread that I used to regularly visit waiting to learn snoop about the GURKHA, wanted to point to a recent OTR with the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...rding-too.html (Mud Puddle @ Bidaraguppe Indlebele lake Rock Crawl Bagilure road & River fording too)

& I AM Loving it.

Cheers
Sunil
hisunil is offline   Reply With Quote