Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 15th September 2011, 10:24   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate tar View Post
i think its better to put money for force one4x4 instead when it comes.
g
Tini, I think that's what he may do!
jyobeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 12:04   #1082
BHPian

need to make a somewhat quick decision. am shifting to a town named tonk, its about 100 km from jaipur, have very bad roads and rocky terrain to encounter on a daily basis. my swift is rattling all round from the episode. need something sturdier and definitely a 4wd. is the gurkha worth it? the sales folk at the force showroom had never heard of a gurkha in 10 years of operations. have a 540, so dont want thar. help!!!
khalil_khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 15:40   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

Khalil,

Gurkha is not available and don't confuse the Thar with MM540. It is a Scorpio in mm540 clothing.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 21:42   #1084
BHPian

yes sir, sorry, kinda mixed up my words, the thar feels a lil confused to me at times. have found a 3 yr old gurkha, still running on stock tyres so am guessing its not been driven too much, spoke to the owner and he believes the snorkel to be an exhaust so am pretty sure he knows not too much about off roading. have pretty high hopes regarding the gurkha to be honest.
Old 10th November 2011, 23:22   #1085
Team-BHP Support

Yeah, if you can get a used Gurkha, nothing like it. It has much better ride comfort than Jeep. But the upkeep will be very similar to Jeeps.

If I am not mistaken, they only made 20 Gurkhas in 2007-2008 and those keep changing hands. They are like Enzos.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 02:58   #1086
BHPian

Talking Re: Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??

wow if thats true then would love to be one of those lucky few. force motors gonna give me the number of the owner tomorrow. am loving owning a jeep as i plan to use them extensively in rajasthan. guess a gurkha can be like a bonus if it happens. what sort of a price should i expect. have no clue regarding the second hand market regarding force.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:52   #1087
Team-BHP Support

Member hisunil got his used Gurkha soft-top for 4.5L I think.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 22:57   #1088
BHPian

wasnt able to meet the owner today, hes not in town. his gurkha is a hard top, spoke to a few people and they say i should expect th price to be in the vicinity of 3 lakh. lets see now, keeping me fingers crossed.
Old 12th November 2011, 10:54   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalil_khan View Post
wasnt able to meet the owner today, hes not in town. his gurkha is a hard top, spoke to a few people and they say i should expect th price to be in the vicinity of 3 lakh. lets see now, keeping me fingers crossed.
Well I had gone through this post from pg 1 till the last about the whole ownership experience of the Gurkha from Brand new till the end and I came out with the conclusion that its a great vehicle but with no support from the company which makes it. So spares, servicing may be a problem. Especially if u come up with a not so normal problem, then diagnosing it at the hands of the force motors service center will be a problem.

Also in the above pages, the older the vehicle got the more problems the owner of the Gurkha faced. An important point for you since you are buying used. I am guessing you will need a daily driver and something that will incur high kms in a short period of time. So my personal advice would be to not go for such a Niche product, but to look for a more mass produced product where spares are available and easily serviceable.

But I have to admit your choices are very limited. Good Luck!
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 12:19   #1090
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Trax Gurkha - As good as it gets??

Come to think of it, these issues have actually being playing on my mind, the show room at my town said that they may not be able to help too much regarding the service and spares if i was to find one. and secondly, i havent come across any owner who has not faced somewhat heart ache with these niggling problems. Maybe the gurkha isnt my cup of tea.
Old 9th October 2012, 13:32   #1091
BHPian

I stay quite close the Force motors - Chinchwad plant and today while coming to office at around 11:45 AM, I spotted a lightly camouflaged Trax. It had only the front covered with a black cloth. The head lamps appeared to be round in shape. The GC was quite good.

It was a SWB vehicle, black in color with 4X4 incribed in golden at the rear with vinyl graphic. He was approaching in the opposite lane and was about to enter the factory gate.

I could only get a glimpse of it and even before I could react and get the camera, the vehicle was gone. :(

(Mods: I wasn't sue where I can put this info. Since the vehicle was most similar to Trax Gurkha, I have put it up here. If you feel this should be moved, please feel free to do so.)
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 14:57   #1092
BHPian

^^^ So, you are restarting speculation on a OM-611 powered Gurkha. Good going. We all have a few questions on which GB/Transfer case would be mated to the OM-611. After all, the Gurkha should not lose it's crawl-ability.
It can also be a TD3250FTI powered version being tested for some new export order.

If you do live close to the factory, please can you be on the lookout and see if you can click a picture? Then we can try and figure out what beast this is.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 15:07   #1093
BHPian

^ I am not sure what type of engine it had, because it was hardly 10-15 sec that i could see the vehicle. Yes, I sure will be on lookout for a chance to grab a pic though.

I am sure the vehicle was a right hand drive thing. So not sure if the test vehicle is for export.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 20:21   #1094
BHPian

Its good to hear something talked about GURKHA look alike after a long while .I share passion for Gurkha and for that matter Trax since long but had to make do with Mahindras (well they are of their own league )Our Indian incarnation of legendary G-wagon is equally capable offroad and great daily drive on road
Lets see what comes about this speculation.
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 23:36   #1095
BHPian

Thanks, and in the meanwhile I'm quite happy with mine. It is the only true do-it-all vehicle.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote