Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 11:28   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rear Innova Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Similar arrangement is provided in the rear floor also for front facing rear seat mounting which Europe uses.
So there are OEM rear seats? Is there a part number?
Old 13th December 2012, 11:31   #32
BHPian

re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

@Codelust - Just fyi...have spoken to Raj Kapoor from Performance Auto a couple of months back.

The top is really nice and is probably the best looking one. However, it requires cutting the B Pillar which is why he is able to make the edges of the top more square and lower.

I would have got it done myself, except I was not interested in cutting anything on the vehicle.

If I remember correctly, pricing (including b pillar mods and full installation) without interiors for the top was around 40k.

Regards,
Manas

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Manveet, that is a beautiful looking jeep you have there. If the costs of building out the vehicle to what it needs to be is not a problem this is THE platform to buy, especially for someone who likes to tread on roads not often travelled. And your list of mods look very similar to the one I'd do.

Which Brimbra HT are you going for? I hope not the one that is very boxy, I have seen in it real and it is positively awful.

I'm hoping to replicate what the M&M guys have done on one of their Thars, but only after a while. Let us see what the 2013 upgrades will bring to the vehicle.

My ideal end result will have to come as close to this as possible. Maybe not the MT tyres.
manasm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 12:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So there are OEM rear seats? Is there a part number?
Dear Sharath - yes, there is a part number in existence but as Thar is homologated in a different category in Europe, it is expedited differently, only for export. It is not available for domestic due to the 7 seater need, also the vendor is not in Nasik! However, seat mounting is introduced throughout the range to commonize on parts inventory. This is standard operating procedure in a typical Vehicle Integration function. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 13th December 2012, 12:32   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sharath - yes, there is a part number in existence but as Thar is homologated in a different category in Europe, it is expedited differently, only for export.
But can it be ordered via M.A.S.S since it has a part number?
Old 13th December 2012, 13:13   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
But can it be ordered via M.A.S.S since it has a part number?
Dear Sharath - let South Africa rollover bars reach from Nasik to Bangalore correctly first! .

This guy is not even in India, he is far far away. Even if you somehow obtain it, cost will be prohibitive, forget it!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 18:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
vs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
This is exactly why I love Team-BHP. Cannot get the Hard top on Raj's Thar out of my mind. So I visit Performance Auto tomorrow.

If I like what I see, I might be without a Thar for the next 10-12 days.
Old 13th December 2012, 18:30   #37
BHPian

I hope you have come across the Hyderabad hard top , do have a look .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...p-thar-11.html

slalom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 00:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice ownership thread manveet. Appreciate your thought process and eye for detail.

Have fun with your Thar and the project. And keep the posts and pictures coming.
Old 14th December 2012, 11:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
I hope you have come across the Hyderabad hard top , do have a look .
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I had already explored this in detail and even spoke to the concerned person whose no. was mentioned on TBHP.

However, reason I did not pursue it further is that (a) it is priced at least 50% more cost than the competition, if I factor in transportation it is almost double the cost, (b) to my find it is still a beta product, (c) Hyderabad is pretty far from Delhi in case I need any A.S.S. However, it appears to be a truly excellent product from the video - just that I wasn't ready to bite the bullet.

The stars have aligned really well.

Initial plan was to create my thread once the Bimbra hard-top went on the Thar. But those guys were running full and despite my pestering them, they were not ready to accept my car before at least a week to ten days i.e. the 17th of December (which is still 2 days away). So in the interim I created this thread and some really good suggestions started rolling in, which were quickly put to stop by the Moderators when they rightly closed my thread as it did not include a full Ownership review as mandated by the Rules.

However to cut a long story short, as a special case I got a few days extension to keep my thread open because my modifications were moving really fast and I needed ideas from TBHP members. And I am so thrilled because that is what exactly happened. My plan which was fixed and on hold for the last 20 days has taken a very radical change only because of thoughts that have come out here on this thread from DB sir, Codelust, manasm, and others.

As we speak, my Thar is getting stripped, ready to get a few inches chopped off from the windscreen and B-pillars, to accommodate the Wrangler shape Hard-top by Performance Auto in Noida. Exactly like the one we saw on Raj’s Thar in a previous post.

A sincere thank you guys.

The POA is to now concentrate on the Ownership review (as committed to the Moderators) as I am minus my beloved for the next 7-10 days. Hoping to return value to the forum.

Cheers!

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th December 2012 at 16:11. Reason: back to back posts. Please read rules before proceeding. Next time infraction
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 12:25   #40
BHPian

Re: The Stars Align.

fantastic manveet , the hard top on that jeep looks perfect fit . would you mind shring the cost ? happy jeeping .

Quote:
The stars have aligned really well.

Initial plan was to create my thread once the Bimbra hard-top went on the Thar. But those guys were running full and despite my pestering them, they were not ready to accept my car before at least a week to ten days i.e. the 17th of December (which is still 2 days away). So in the interim I created this thread and some really good suggestions started rolling in, which were quickly put to stop by the Moderators when they rightly closed my thread as it did not include a full Ownership review as mandated by the Rules.

However to cut a long story short, as a special case I got a few days extension to keep my thread open because my modifications were moving really fast and I needed ideas from TBHP members. And I am so thrilled because that is what exactly happened. My plan which was fixed and on hold for the last 20 days has taken a very radical change only because of thoughts that have come out here on this thread from DB sir, Codelust, manasm, and others.

As we speak, my Thar is getting stripped, ready to get a few inches chopped off from the windscreen and B-pillars, to accommodate the Wrangler shape Hard-top by Performance Auto in Noida. Exactly like the one we saw on Raj’s Thar in a previous post.

The POA is to now concentrate on the Ownership review (as committed to the Moderators) as I am minus my beloved for the next 7-10 days. Hoping to return value to the forum.

Cheers!
Old 14th December 2012, 19:30   #41
BHPian

Re: List of Mods in 1.5 months / 1700 kms.

[quote=manveet;2987492][list=1][*] Tires replaced with 255/65/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, and 16x8 Alloys

Excellent work done, just like my desired SUV. Can you please share the cost of the stunning alloys and the yoks?
Old 15th December 2012, 16:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:

You're welcome and thank you to you too. I get to see my thought experiment in action without spending a single penny!

Meanwhile, please use multi-quotes. Would not want to lose out on this project due to an eventual ban.
Old 20th December 2012, 10:59   #43
XD2
BHPian

Hi Mavneet,

That is a nice Jeep you have there. Can you share the details of where you got the work done here in the NCR. A friend of mine also got the Innova folding seats for his Thar, and is yet to get those installed. Got the same input from Mayapuri - that the sheet metal does not hold well once those are installed. The way you did it seems the way to go.
Old 20th December 2012, 20:08   #44
BHPian

Dear Manveet - THANKS YAAR! .

By the way, with the tandem booster, the LSPV setting value changes. Please get this information from Rajith in Bangalore, he has done this work on his Thar so he knows the exact value. Rajith - please.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
-----------
BD Sir
Sorry for asking a stupid question. How much is the damage and can the M&M Workshop fit this?
Old 23rd December 2012, 21:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
Dear Manveet - THANKS YAAR! .

By the way, with the tandem booster, the LSPV setting value changes. Please get this information from Rajith in Bangalore, he has done this work on his Thar so he knows the exact value. Rajith - please.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
-----------
BD Sir
Sorry for asking a stupid question. How much is the damage and can the M&M Workshop fit this?

Since questions like this do not elicit replies, I went to the M&M workshop and asked them questions about it, and I am happy to say if your vehicle is under warranty, your brake booster gets replaced free of cost. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys.
iMASKARAN is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks