Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 19th April 2013, 08:35   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Quite sure this is one of the best-looking Thars on Tbhp. I love the second pic as that angle captures the Thar best with the hard-top. I think the Thar is itching for bigger shoes but I guess these will suffice for now.

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Ad
thank you for the compliments.
yes, after removing the fender flares the wheels have started to look undersized. I expect that to be resolved once I get new flares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniq62 View Post
Hi Manveet,

I am interested in buying the Second Row seats of your Thar.
Somehow, I am not able to PM you.
Kindly PM me the asking price.
I cannot pm you as well. please drop me a line at manveet@gmail.com and I will reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
Just saw the Jeep outside Citywalk, looked around to see if you anyone was around, could not find anyone.

It looks really really good in the flesh. You do need bigger tyres after the lift and the fender flares. It will be a 10/10 after that!
yes, that was I.
and this is a long journey in which 10/10 never happens. there is always something else. both of us know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Manveet it was good to meet you and your better half in the OTR a couple of weeks back. It's only now that I'm realizing that you are the same Manveet as from this thread. Have been following this thread since the start. Cheers...

And yes, Dig those Angel eyes of yours!
thank you sudipto it was a pleasure. we shall surely meet again. cheers.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 00:47   #182
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold

So another update.

Finally went in for the Fender flares (bushwacker design, as I had posted many pages earlier) I ended up spending 12 hrs. at the fabricator, getting them tweaked as per my expectations. They look cool, and will definitely keep the mud out of the cabin - but since the fenders are quite wide, the front tires are not protruding as much as they were with the OE flares, due to which the Jeep seems to have lost quite a bit of its macho charm.

Anyhow, since just got back past 11PM, will try to have a patient look tomorrow morning and form a final opinion. Pictures will take 2-3 days. Sowie.

As an aside, I just saw someone mention on another thread that people are buying Thar's as they don't want to spend too much time with mechanics. Ya right. tell that to my family. Lol.
Old 22nd April 2013, 18:53   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
So another update.
As an aside, I just saw someone mention on another thread that people are buying Thar's as they don't want to spend too much time with mechanics. Ya right. tell that to my family. Lol.
Hi Manveet,
That someone was me. My post was in context that you guys might be spending time with mechanics but for enhancement bits (Performance, aesthetics, comfort etc) not to re-engineer the product as a whole.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 22:10   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi Manveet,
That someone was me. My post was in context that you guys might be spending time with mechanics but for enhancement bits (Performance, aesthetics, comfort etc) not to re-engineer the product as a whole.

Shubhendra
Yes sir, I know it was you. I am a keen observer of your posts and your work in general but usually refrain from commenting as there is not much value add I can do in hardcore 4x4 technical threads. I have great respect for passion - be it in anything, and you guys on the forum pretty much epitomize 4x4 passion AFAIK.

Anyhow, my comment was more in jest, did not expect you to be following this thread of mine :P

Regards.
Old 22nd April 2013, 22:46   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I have great respect for passion - be it in anything, and you guys on the forum pretty much epitomize 4x4 passion AFAIK.

Anyhow, my comment was more in jest, did not expect you to be following this thread of mine :P

Regards.
Manveet Ji,
I am very young and inexperienced to be designated as sir. Gracious comments like yours keep people like me motivated to contribute to this online platform.
Your comment is taken lightheartedly
Even your thread is a good referring document for people who aspire to transform their Thars

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 10:04   #186
Senior - BHPian

Here's a quick pic (not taken by me) from this weekends OTR. Completely skipped my mind to take a few pics of my own. There were a couple of very nice shots I could have taken, But since I am a DSLR guy, just did not strike me to use my cell phone to take pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Never thought I'd buy a Mahindra Thar! My Jeep Story. EDIT: Now sold-603620_10152750277435321_470973346_n.jpg  

Last edited by manveet : 29th April 2013 at 10:33.
manveet is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 11:01   #187
BHPian

Aha, thats looking nice. I had written an email to you. I thought as much that you might be tied up.Is it the Moni Design one? Will wait for your detailed pictures.
iMASKARAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 16:01   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
Aha, thats looking nice. I had written an email to you. I thought as much that you might be tied up.Is it the Moni Design one? Will wait for your detailed pictures.
Yes it is Moni Design. But if anyone is planning to get these installed on their Thar - its not going to be as simple. It was not a bolt-on fit, the front fender was way-oversized. I spent 12+ hrs (11AM-1130PM) at their workshop getting the flare re-designed. And they don't have a new die-cast ready so expect to spend at least 7-8 hrs on the installation procedure.

This has been the most painful mod from a time taking perspective. Completely spoiled my weekend - but apparently it was worth it. I have been getting positive feedback on the looks.
Old 30th April 2013, 16:40   #189
Senior - BHPian

Here are two pics from this weekends OTR. Give a good idea about the fender flare doing their job. Hope you like them. Cheers!
Attached Images

manveet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 14:46   #190
Senior - BHPian

Default Contact Details

Hi, a lot of people have been asking me offline, so am putting up all contact information here. These are people I have got work done from and recommend. My reference may be given - Manveet - Red Thar.

Disclaimer : I am in no way associated with anyone of them on a professional basis. Any transaction or work you get done from any one of them is at your own risk. This list is simply for your convenience - it may save you time and hardwork and heart-ache as well.

Not sure of the status of this post w.r.t. Forum rules but posting it here as I believe this is one post that would add value to the forum and all Thar owners in Delhi NCR.
  • Hard Top / Performance Auto / Noida / Mr. Poddy / 8860924952
  • Rear Composite Fibre Suspension / Arc Industries / Kolhapur / Mr. Deepak Pawar / 9422047019
  • Spacers / Mayapuri / Raghbir Singh / 9811479309
  • Welder & Fabrication for Seat fitting, and misc. / Mayapuri / Siyaram / 9818924900
  • Best rate for Sale/ Purchase of used/new Mahindra accessories & parts / Mayapuri / Sanjeev / 9278144105
  • Seats Purchase / Mayapuri / Dev / 9899981660
  • Steering Hub and Steering Wheel / Bharat Car Accessories / Karol Bagh / Gurdeep Grover / 9811225557
  • Fender Flares & other Fibre fabrication / Moni Design / Libaspur (near GT Road crossing) / Moni / 9810122796
manveet is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2013, 23:18   #191

Hi Manveet Sir!
Some real time saving information you have shared with us,following your thread since your 1st post in it & very soon will be a proud owner of THAR.
& might be troubling you with few more things regarding the machine.
Thank you.
Karamvir30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:14   #192
Senior - BHPian

Ok. So this is what I am planning for my next mod. New front Bumpers with Bull-Bar and Hella 3003's. And I distinctly remember telling someone on this thread that I will NOT be changing the front bumper because I like the old school look.

But like we all know, a Jeep is Journey that never ends. So below is the design that I have in mind. It is not uncommon - SwastikFabs/ Bimbra/ PA have done similar designs - but only difference is that mine will extend 2-3 inches beyond those. This is primarily to be in sync with my wider fender flares.

Any comments are most welcome.
Attached Images

Old 2nd May 2013, 22:48   #193
BHPian

I like the full width option better. Not sure how it will turn out in real, though.

The front corner of the flares don't look too safe. Most of the normal designs either wrap around or point down at a sharper angle. This one has the risk of something getting caught in it, which is a scary prospect Delhi where driving often borders on being a close contact sport.

The critiquing aside, the new bumper would mean that I have only one more thing on the wish list, which would be bigger tyres!
codelust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 16:01   #194

I totally agree with codelust,as i was also planning a 2-3 inch extension but after talking to Mr. Poddy from PA i got the same advice. So i would rather suggest you not to get a big extension as im working over these mods for the past 3-4 months (way before i got my hands over my thar). Hella 3003s is an addition your jeep deserves from a long time.
Karamvir30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 18:20   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamvir30 View Post
I totally agree with codelust,as i was also planning a 2-3 inch extension but after talking to Mr. Poddy from PA i got the same advice. So i would rather suggest you not to get a big extension as im working over these mods for the past 3-4 months (way before i got my hands over my thar). Hella 3003s is an addition your jeep deserves from a long time.
Thanks for taking out time to share your thoughts but please elaborate on WHY not to go for the 2-3 inch extension.

The major reason I am considering it is that my fibre fender will no longer be the extremity and will be protected by the relatively heavy duty front bumper. Plus it will create a more balanced look. Majority of Wranglers have it extended, except in case wherein they are using monster tires and thus have a shorter bumper.

Got some exciting decals today! Will put up pictures soon.