Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2013, 21:24   #16
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,992
Thanked: 1,420 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Well, thats information for me as well! Thanks for sharing. Any reason why there should be a change in engine to watch out for ?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 21:29   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,700
Thanked: 808 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
As of now, it is a 2.49L engine. MHawk is 2.2 and comes with a TMIC, this is 2.49 with a FMIC.

One "may" see a scoop if the 2.2 L is plonked in, all depends.

Vishal, you are lucky you got it without the mHawk engine.

Spike

lucky without the mhawk? I thought thats a more torquey engine!
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 22:16   #18
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats. BTW, its a 2.2 L engine, not a 2.4 ! Correcting the same in your post.
Thanks for wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Is this some new engine or the engine from the Scorpio? Because the specs say 2.5L engine!

http://www.mahindrathar.com/specification.aspx
Yes that's right Navpreet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
As of now, it is a 2.49L engine. MHawk is 2.2 and comes with a TMIC, this is 2.49 with a FMIC.

One "may" see a scoop if the 2.2 L is plonked in, all depends.

Vishal, you are lucky you got it without the mHawk engine.

Spike
Spike, what lucky man you know how I managed to make it before next version of Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Well, thats information for me as well! Thanks for sharing. Any reason why there should be a change in engine to watch out for ?
theMag, can you please edit my post and change it to 2.49 L


Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 22:22   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoBo, Mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 8 Times
Exclamation Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Is this some new engine or the engine from the Scorpio? Because the specs say 2.5L engine!

http://www.mahindrathar.com/specification.aspx
had the exact same question..

I too am quite sure that it is a 2.5L, lets hope DB sir steps in to shed some light
obaidhakim is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 23:41   #20
BHPian
 
Trueintrepid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 84
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Have driven 15000kms and hell yeah! It's 2.49L (Rounded to 2.5 on paper)! Spike has said it in the previous post. Don't need DB for that. Let's keep DB for serious matters only!

However, could anyone clarify why 2.5 CRDe is better than 2.2 Mhawk?

Last edited by Trueintrepid : 27th January 2013 at 23:43. Reason: Added a question
Trueintrepid is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 23:58   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoBo, Mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 8 Times
Lightbulb Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
Have driven 15000kms and hell yeah! It's 2.49L (Rounded to 2.5 on paper)! Spike has said it in the previous post. Don't need DB for that. Let's keep DB for serious matters only!

However, could anyone clarify why 2.5 CRDe is better than 2.2 Mhawk?
well i guess i dint refresh the thread before posting... my bad
obaidhakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 09:15   #22
BHPian
 
slalom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: " Deep " in God's Own Country !!
Posts: 183
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Good review!

The 2.5 will be having more low end grunt than the 2.2 .

Your tyres are 235/70/16 BTW.

Looking forward to the mods you are planning to do to make it more friendlier.
Enjoy the ride !
slalom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 10:17   #23
BHPian
 
ironshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 107
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Vishal - Heartiest Congratulations on your acquisition!
Courtesy our Chapters page, I am aware the kind of turbulence you've gone through while deciding which SUV to buy before actually finalizing and buying the Thar.

I am glad you are living your dream. Enjoy her to the fullest!

Are you planning for a tyre and alloy wheels upgrade?
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 11:39   #24
BHPian
 
Shubhendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 948
Thanked: 1,107 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Usage pattern: I have no plan of core off roading, I like the look and 4WD system and that's why I brought the Thar. The only off roading I will do is Leh Ladhak in next season. Till then, it will be used as a daily commute vehicle. I find it very cool in bumper to bumper traffic, just put in first and it starts crawling, no need to use clutch, and break.
Dear Vishal Ji,
Congratulations !!!!! join us for few offroading sessions and you might change your decision of not doing offroading.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 11:48   #25
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjayasheel View Post
I hope this is not the TD vehicle standing at their showroom for a month and a half. And whatever you do, don't go back to Silver Jubilee for ANY kinda service - free or paid. Find a trustworthy private mechanic and get everything done in front of your own eyes. I never thought this to be possible but Mahindra after-sales service (Silver Jubilee or Sahyadri) is worse than that of Maruti's (Sai, Chowghule, Kothari, or Wondercar). Have experienced all.
No sir, I ensured that and it is not TD vehicle, the best PDI team visited their stock yard before booking. The vehicle was standing in their stock yard only for 10 days with 12 kms on ODO. Silver Jubilee Motors is not bad, it is just attitude of the their employees.

I have to be with authorized service center in warranty period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Congrats on the purchase of the Thar. It's a nice and sincere review. Almost any decision related to Jeep is a matter of heart . Hope you have found favor with your home ministry. Have a safe and happy motoring. Enjoy the Jeep life.
P.S: What happened to the Enfield booking?
Thank you Kris ! Yep home minister enjoy the ride in jeep now. Aha! Enfield booking is canceled for now :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
Have driven 15000kms and hell yeah! It's 2.49L (Rounded to 2.5 on paper)! Spike has said it in the previous post. Don't need DB for that. Let's keep DB for serious matters only!

However, could anyone clarify why 2.5 CRDe is better than 2.2 Mhawk?
True, the post is modified now and its 2.5 and 110 BHP engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaidhakim View Post
well i guess i dint refresh the thread before posting... my bad
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Good review!

The 2.5 will be having more low end grunt than the 2.2 .

Your tyres are 235/70/16 BTW.

Looking forward to the mods you are planning to do to make it more friendlier.
Enjoy the ride !
Oh my bad I was thinking of upgrading to 245/255 before deliver so that's still in mind. Thanks for pointing out.

Yes, 2/3 modification are on card for comfort but still confused as I don't want to do anything outside ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Vishal - Heartiest Congratulations on your acquisition!
Courtesy our Chapters page, I am aware the kind of turbulence you've gone through while deciding which SUV to buy before actually finalizing and buying the Thar.

I am glad you are living your dream. Enjoy her to the fullest!

Are you planning for a Tyre and alloy wheels upgrade?
Yes Sandeep, thanks for contributing patiently in every discussion I opened.

Not planning any upgrade which will void the company warranty. Alloys I can think of but not Tyre, there are couple of modification planned for family comfort first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Dear Vishal Ji,
Congratulations !!!!! join us for few offroading sessions and you might change your decision of not doing offroading.

Shubhendra
Thanks Shubhendra Paji !

Congratulations for your achievement in Mahindra Adventure. Yes I got invitation from Vishal however let't me first learn the jeep thing fully and then will join in.


Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 28th January 2013 at 12:02.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 11:57   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,571 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Dear Vishal - congratulations, and first of all, let me apologize for not being able to see your vehicle when we met (I obviously cannot disclose the "location"), due to urgent assignments and engagements at that time. I would definitely love to see your vehicle and drive it.

Irrespective of what anybody says (which will include your heart from time to time), please do not deviate from OE specifications. As you intend to use the vehicle for a particular purpose, if used properly, nothing will happen to it for at least 1,50,000 kms if good fuel, lubricant, coolant and air are supplied to it.

I finally want to see my dream realized, which is: Nothing happens to the car - EVER - the customer only adds fuel and drives.

It is that "EVER" which raises the bar exponentially and precludes everything. In my opinion, your car and DKG's car in Hyderabad are the closest test cars that I have in the field to realize this dream of mine. So please help by giving periodic feedback. This is the correct way to achieve customer delight, everything else is a lot of talk!

One small piece of advice, please use the ASCs only for fluid replenishment purpose as I have suggested above. I have done it 2 times, first in case of my Scorpio MH15BX3184 and second in case of my Bolero MH15CM6341. Both were absolute missiles on the road, the Bolero more so due to tremendous value addition done to the driveline and driving dynamics! (I can visualize Pratheesh "Spike" smiling)! There was no way I would hand them over to ASCs, no way!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 12:36   #27
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vishal - congratulations, and first of all, let me apologize for not being able to see your vehicle when we met (I obviously cannot disclose the "location"), due to urgent assignments and engagements at that time. I would definitely love to see your vehicle and drive it.

Irrespective of what anybody says (which will include your heart from time to time), please do not deviate from OE specifications. As you intend to use the vehicle for a particular purpose, if used properly, nothing will happen to it for at least 1,50,000 kms if good fuel, lubricant, coolant and air are supplied to it.

I finally want to see my dream realized, which is: Nothing happens to the car - EVER - the customer only adds fuel and drives.

It is that "EVER" which raises the bar exponentially and precludes everything. In my opinion, your car and DKG's car in Hyderabad are the closest test cars that I have in the field to realize this dream of mine. So please help by giving periodic feedback. This is the correct way to achieve customer delight, everything else is a lot of talk!

One small piece of advice, please use the ASCs only for fluid replenishment purpose as I have suggested above. I have done it 2 times, first in case of my Scorpio MH15BX3184 and second in case of my Bolero MH15CM6341. Both were absolute missiles on the road, the Bolero more so due to tremendous value addition done to the driveline and driving dynamics! (I can visualize Pratheesh "Spike" smiling)! There was no way I would hand them over to ASCs, no way!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
And God replied !

I understand your situation totally on that day, just give me call and the "Wild bull" (my Thar's name) will be at your place.

I am not going to do anything to vehicle without consulting you, Pratheesh, Sudharshan (Raju bhai) and Gajanan. I am going to just fill it and drive it.

Yes, I am going to be with ASCs only as I don't think there is any need to take it to garage except normal servicing.
Sir, I have PMed you for some ASCs information, please reply to that. I need to fix that rear bench issue as it is pushing soft top.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 13:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,571 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
I am not going to do anything to vehicle without consulting you, Pratheesh, Sudharshan (Raju bhai) and Gajanan. I am going to just fill it and drive it. I have PMed you for some ASCs information, please reply to that. I need to fix that rear bench issue as it is pushing soft top.
Dear Vishal - I am not what you mentioned! I am a normal guy doing a normal job. Thank you for understanding my simple request and agreeing to comply with it. It will not only make your interactive experience with the vehicle delightful, it will also make your life nice as you will see the odometer climbing steadily, with a relaxed frame of mind. Isn't this "Customer Centricity"? I hope good sense prevails and more people follow it.

On seat, it is very simple, there is no need to complicate it. So, the seat is pushing the canopy out. What does common sense tell you to do? Take seats a little inside, that's it. Take a 13mm size spanner, undo the bench seats, increase the slot length in the seat mounting brackets slightly by filing them with a round file and tighten the seats a little inside. This is what actually needs to be done, it is a good sunday morning leisure activity.

If you insist on ASCs changing seats under warranty (poor you!), giving you new seats is the easiest thing that they will do because that's what they are supposed to do (especially if you happen to be a "J.D.Power IQS customer" or some such thing LOL!), but what is the confidence level that the new seats will not push the canopy? This question does not have an answer. In any case, seat transportation to dealerships is a project by itself, first of all seats will take ages to come, then wrong seats will come and even if by some act of God correct seats come, half the seats will come with different color covers, and even if they come with correct covers, half of them will be torn out during transportation. I have experienced it for a poor Scorpio customer in Baroda, so I know. On paper, the "process" has worked! .

So, just do the sunday morning leisure activity, enjoy yourself and don't pull your hair out, its just not worth it, but do it fast or else you will get a mark on the canopy which will be impossible to remove! HaHaHa! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 14:26   #29
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vishal - I am not what you mentioned! ... Isn't this "Customer Centricity"? I hope good sense prevails and more people follow it.

On seat, it is very simple, there is no need to complicate it. So, the seat is pushing the canopy out. What does common sense tell you to do?
...
So, just do the sunday morning leisure activity, enjoy yourself and don't pull your hair out, its just not worth it, but do it fast or else you will get a mark on the canopy which will be impossible to remove! HaHaHa! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar


Yes, I know what to do with seat, there are 2 set of holes on wheel wel which needs to move seat while fitting rollover bar. I thought it will be better if service center do it to avoid further issues. I will give it a try now, it is temping to buy a good ring spanner set and open something in jeep.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 15:53   #30
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default Re: Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD

These are the set of holes I am talking about.
Image ref link

Name:  mahthar14.jpg
Views: 8913
Size:  82.8 KB

And this.

Image ref link (Mahindra Thar Crde - home at last.)

Name:  seats.jpg
Views: 8976
Size:  65.6 KB
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra 'Live Young, Live Free' Offroad Drive. Chennai on 28th June 2014 ex670c 4x4 Excursions 6 27th August 2014 15:24
Live young, Live Free -- Jeepers day out @ Hosur svsantosh 4x4 Excursions 18 4th March 2013 22:45
Mahindra 4WD vs Modern 4WD Samurai 4x4 Technical 137 19th February 2012 19:46
Mahindra Scorpio CRDe - 2WD to 4WD conversion suhasd75 Modifications & Accessories 8 3rd November 2009 18:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks