Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


View Poll Results: Best Thar Hardtop?
Bimbra 27 17.76%
Hyderabad Short 44 28.95%
Hyderabad Tall 25 16.45%
Performance 35 23.03%
Italian HT 18 11.84%
Roplas HT 3 1.97%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 12:11   #61
BHPian
 
Tha'Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

I have not faced this issue so far, with HHT. It's been in use for over a year. I have slight water leakage at one fastener point between the top and rear panel. Please ensure you use enough and more silicone gel while installing.
Tha'Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 15:58   #62
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 96
Thanked: 143 Times
Default Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

Well, my vote is for the Hyderabad Short for the simple reason that it resembles the stock soft top look the most. Personally, i rather keep my soft top because of the follwoing reasons:-
(a) I stay in a pretty secure area so vehicle and belongings safety is not too much of a concern
(b) Traditionally,I associate jeeps with only soft tops,since i grew up in MP. generally also, at least in India jeeps have always been soft tops.
(c) The option of removing the top for that wind in the hair experience is always there.
samwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2013, 16:21   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
desertfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon, Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,186
Thanked: 522 Times
Default Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

Thar Canopy is not easy to remove and install. The problem begins here. Plus the Chik Chik Chik. It is even more difficult because of the felt board in the front section.

This the reason Hard top becomes essential and I guess it will improve the AC performance in the very hot Delhi summer months.
desertfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 10:26   #64
BHPian
 
Ksingh544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Delhi, Jammu
Posts: 177
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

hi everyone, I wanted to check if anyone had installed the hardtop being done by Azad 4x4 in Delhi. (http://www.azad4x4.com/)
In case anyone has an idea of their products, please do provide your thoughts and feedback on the same.

I will probably be visiting them soon to check out their demo vehicle, will post pictures

cheers

Kundan
Ksingh544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2013, 23:32   #65
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
hi everyone, I wanted to check if anyone had installed the hardtop being done by Azad 4x4 in Delhi. (http://www.azad4x4.com/) In case anyone has an idea of their products, please do provide your thoughts and feedback on the same. I will probably be visiting them soon to check out their demo vehicle, will post pictures cheers Kundan
This HT design looks similar to Bimbra 4x4 who have fitted lots of Thar HT in North. Also he supplies to other companies as well who again sell with their branding.

So better to check with Bimbra first.
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:58   #66
BHPian
 
Avigo71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Hi, I'm new to team bhp. Just bought a new White Thar Crde. I looked at many hard top options and finally decided to go for the Mahindra Customisation original Hard top. I have realised that most other hard tops have a leakage problem. The other big advantage of the Mahindra Customisation's HT is that it has one single back door which makes life very easy.
Avigo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 08:12   #67
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post
Hi, I'm new to team bhp. Just bought a new White Thar Crde. I looked at many hard top options and finally decided to go for the Mahindra Customisation original Hard top. I have realised that most other hard tops have a leakage problem. The other big advantage of the Mahindra Customisation's HT is that it has one single back door which makes life very easy.
Hi,
I am trying to get quote from them for long now however there is no response from them. Can you please share the details with price if you don't mind.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 08:48   #68
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 551
Thanked: 769 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post

Hi,
I am trying to get quote from them for long now however there is no response from them. Can you please share the details with price if you don't mind.
An old quote I have is close to INR 2 Lakhs!
cpbopanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:11   #69
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
An old quote I have is close to INR 2 Lakhs!
OMG INR 2 L. If my budget is INT 2L I will better go with Italian for sure.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 2nd November 2013 at 09:14.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:13   #70
BHPian
 
Avigo71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

They were shut for renovation for a long time and have just reopened. The person to contact is Mr. Rohit Shivpuri 9867643885 & mail is SHIVPURI.ROHIT@mahindra.com

The estimate given to me is about 1 lac.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd November 2013 at 10:15. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Avigo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:37   #71
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post
They were shut for renovation for a long time and have just reopened. The person to contact is Mr. Rohit Shivpuri 9867643885 & mail is SHIVPURI.ROHIT@mahindra.com The estimate given to me is about 1 lac.
True, I got same response about close of business because of renovation.

Do you have brake up for 1 L, like how much for actual HT and how much for lights, upholstery if that is included in package. The blue Thar I saw at Lovava GE have lots of things on that HT and I am interested only in HT.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 11:21   #72
BHPian
 
Avigo71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

That is correct. There are too many fibre parts all around. I am only taking the HT. That's it. Not even the rear lights. I will be keeping the original Thar rear cluster as it is. So the quote given is only for the HT.
Avigo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:46   #73
BHPian
 
Thar4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 512
Thanked: 648 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post
That is correct. There are too many fibre parts all around. I am only taking the HT. That's it. Not even the rear lights. I will be keeping the original Thar rear cluster as it is. So the quote given is only for the HT.
Ok thanks a lot for details. Looks like I have to keep this HT out of my list. :(

Have you compared other available options with this HT? If yes what things made your mind to go for this.

Sorry bro I am asking lots of questions but believe me I am waiting for nice looking, reliable and budget HT for more than a year.
Thar4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 15:22   #74
BHPian
 
Avigo71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

There were tleakage complaints for all other options. I saw the blue Thar at the Mahindra academy in the thickest of rains and there was absolutely no leakage. Also the single door at the back is very useful. All other options have complicated 2 door situations which are very difficult to operate from the inside. And finally it's Mahindra who are doing it so expect their dynamics & detailing to be more accurate than a third party.
Avigo71 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:23   #75
BHPian
 
TuxDiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: The most practical & best looking Hardtop - Mahindra Thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avigo71 View Post
There were tleakage complaints for all other options. I saw the blue Thar at the Mahindra academy in the thickest of rains and there was absolutely no leakage. Also the single door at the back is very useful. All other options have complicated 2 door situations which are very difficult to operate from the inside. And finally it's Mahindra who are doing it so expect their dynamics & detailing to be more accurate than a third party.
Any pictures of this available ?
TuxDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thar Hardtop Design manasm 4x4 Technical 205 11th May 2016 21:03
My li'l Red Mahindra Thar with some practical modifications samwagon 4x4 Vehicles 127 10th March 2016 17:52
The Most Practical MM540 vj_k2001 4x4 Vehicles 63 11th August 2011 13:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks