Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 5th January 2014, 20:44   #736
BHPian

Default Re: Why I won't buy a Thar... booked Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Extrapolating on similar lines, it is extremely painful for me when I am in my ML cruising along, and I sight a nice looking Thar. It is then that I so wish I was in my Jeep. It's an alpha male thing I guess.
Thats a major reason, the Thar is selling in huge volumes despite the various shortcomings. The road presence is just awesome and its really fun to drive after all. Most days, i skip my official vehicle and drive the Thar to work. Its a good start of the day. My wife singularly loves the Thar for the attention that it attracts.
samwagon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 19:57   #737
BHPian

Smile Re: Why I won't buy a Thar... booked Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwagon View Post
Thats a major reason, the Thar is selling in huge volumes despite the various shortcomings. The road presence is just awesome and its really fun to drive after all. Most days, i skip my official vehicle and drive the Thar to work. Its a good start of the day. My wife singularly loves the Thar for the attention that it attracts.
Must totally agree with you samwagon, I have owned my THAR for 4 years now and it is BRILLIANT to say the least. I have entered competitions with it and put all the BIG NAME BRANDS behind me, finishing 3rd and 2nd in my last 2 competitions. The THAR rocks... love it.
Pic below shows my Beast in an extreme position ... still comes out strong and ready for next obstacle :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Why I won't buy a Thar... booked Thar!-wp_20140104_032-copy.jpg  

eagle888 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 01:32   #738
BHPian

*shakes head*

So the guy who asked me to "buy a Range Rover if I wanted comfort" finally admits that there are situations in which one might want AC and PS in a Jeep. I am just so happy. The selfish part of me wants to crow out loud, but I'm just going to join the others here who are standing quietly and smirking....

Cheers. I'm so happy for you, desertfox. *both thumbs up*
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 13:10   #739
Senior - BHPian

Bought 3 Thars.
2x CRDe
1 X Thar DI

Influenced 7 others into buyng new Thars.

One Thar DI from Bihar police given to my PSO team now, keeps standing at the gate. A new replacement for the rattling 1990 model gypsy without a tailgate. This one already looks like a decade old Jeep.

But all of what I wrote above is true.

Its a vehicle full of problems and there is no alternative, no competition.

DB Sir, what are you doing ?

Is a Sumo 4x4 coming with a Canvas top ? You have all bin parts ready here too including a limited slip differential of the Titan and the Storme legacy.

Last edited by desertfox : 19th June 2014 at 13:11.
desertfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 12:13   #740
BHPian

45000 kms done. soft top replaced.
Completed ladakh and spiti.
highlight has been the 4by4 saving our (me and wifeys) butt from a potential near death situation in spiti.
And my dear dog thinks all the thars are his, and runs after them as if theres a thief driving them.
Love the feeling of driving it in the city as well as in the jungles around my place.
Its a comfortable feeling driving it, knowing that the AC might not work, the bolts may jangle, the door may not close properly but it will take you back home safely.
tomtom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 22:28   #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Bought 3 Thars.
2x CRDe
1 X Thar DI

Influenced 7 others into buyng new Thars.

One Thar DI from Bihar police given to my PSO team now, keeps standing at the gate. A new replacement for the rattling 1990 model gypsy without a tailgate. This one already looks like a decade old Jeep.

But all of what I wrote above is true.

Its a vehicle full of problems and there is no alternative, no competition.

DB Sir, what are you doing ?

Is a Sumo 4x4 coming with a Canvas top ? You have all bin parts ready here too including a limited slip differential of the Titan and the Storme legacy.
I understand that the Thar is almost the big cousin of RE Bullet in many ways but what do you think of the 2014 revamp? Have they addressed the old niggles yet or is it all cosmetic stuff?
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote