Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2017, 16:21   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
Ace F355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 1,163
Thanked: 1,556 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Can you put up the link?
Here you go...

.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
jumps and suspension are not good friends.
I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
i'd be interested in reading this if you can share links.
No links but Zac wiped off his hands saying this to me after the incident! I have no reason to believe he isn't saying it to others, as it came to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
The fact that they broke at 90k kms means something wrong has happened. Either too many jumps or abuse or a flaw in the setup.
I agree with what you say, however I have been pampering the car like any of us petrolheads would do. I do off-road almost on weekly basis. In fact like I said in my post above, there are multiple cars with similar usage as mine and on OEM suspension without any breakage, hence now my faith in the brand has shakenm especially in terms of after sales support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This is because a few friends have put in more than a lakh kms on these without issue which is the reason why i went with Ironman in the first place.
I was speaking to a friend of mine in Australia where he said his setup (same as mine, nitrogas shocks with load rated springs) is doing well at 140k kms, and he goes to the bush quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
A shock sitting down or not returning to normal height (squatting) or leaky seals is a failing shock due to age according to my personal understanding. A broken shock is either abuse or flawed piece - again my understanding.
Completely agree, and you got to understand shock absorber breakage is super rare thing these days. .Anshuman is currently in Mahindra dealership and getting his XUV's shocks changed because his had become quite weak lately, very similar usage to my car and yet very minor signs of leakage from one shock only.

Obviously he is getting the all four shocks changed right now.
Ace F355 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 07:58   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
A few snaps clicked during some events we did in and around mumbai over the past few weekends.

Attachment 1653976
Thank you for the insightful thread Dr. Tejas. Frayed newbies like myself really benefit from the details of your journey.

Incidentally I attended the event at ICC and saw your car. Looks magnificent, a great rig for the outdoors lifestyle. With so many showboaters around throwing money at ricer mods, it is refreshing and grounding to see good old ingenuity and hard work making your Pajero come alive. My journey with the V-Cross is just beginning.

Post the tip around tyre pressure, I bought the Michelin inflator, works like a charm. Not my video but a nice demo of this tool.



Not much rain left in Mumbai, but hoping for some nice muckspots to try it out in Mahabaleshwar this weekend.
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 14:16   #138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 4,858 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post
Not much rain left in Mumbai, but hoping for some nice muckspots to try it out in Mahabaleshwar this weekend.
PM me your number. Will call you for any SUV trails that we do around Mumbai.

EDIT: Where ICC?

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 28th September 2017 at 14:17. Reason: see edit
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 15:19   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

EDIT: Where ICC?
This one, at ICC Towers.

Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion-19224892_10154537748366937_5722465050068655189_n.jpg
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 15:26   #140
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,962
Thanked: 4,858 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Project Overland Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post
This one, at ICC Towers.

Attachment 1680695
Ah! Quite a while ago during the Autohangar Merc Event.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Pajero SFX spittingfire 4x4 Vehicles 108 11th December 2015 18:56
Mitsubishi Pajero SFX production to end in 2012 GTO The Indian Car Scene 85 5th September 2015 12:54
Pajero SFX one year on Sawyer Long-Term Ownership Reviews 70 15th October 2012 20:10
Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 3 17th February 2012 12:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks