Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 14th June 2017, 16:33   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Brilliantly done. Hats off to your dedication

A couple of questions
1. Where did you source the OEM parts from?
2. If you are ok with it, what is the ballpark figure you spent on the entire project?

Cheers! And enjoy the monsoons
Yes all the parts are OEM Merc parts sourced and imported mainly from ebay, our total cost on this vehicle came up to 8.5 lakhs including freight charges and customs duties.
Anil Vincent is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 19:44   #92
BHPian

This mod job is one of the kind, kudos to you and the team who worked on it. The final product has come out magnificent.

Apart from the cosmetic change what are the engine mods you did (if you have done it) or else what do you plan for. Also waiting for your update after trying it off road. Good Luck... and once again beautiful job there.
Shivanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 19:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on this absolute "jaw-dropping" transformation of the Gurkha !! The body work has been carried out very well indeed. Kudos to the gentlemen responsible for the execution.

The steering wheel is on my "must change" list, and hopefully should not cost too much either. The other thing I thought was an eyesore in the otherwise well executed car is the rubber boot on the gear lever. I am sure that could be covered in leather. The grab handle on the dash for the front passenger, also looked out of place to me.

But having said the above - I want to reiterate that it is an amazing piece of work overall, the exterior exceeding expectation !

Great project - enjoy your new "G"

Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 09:48   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Indian G - during one of the drives, location near to Athirapally Falls, Kerala.
Hey Anil,

It is a very close effort with such a clean outcome. I join others in congratulating you and your craftsmen for getting it done. My place is near Thripunithura and I recognize this workshop from one of my travel in search of empty wide open places where our 4x4s can stretch their muscles. If I may, there's this suggestion to change the OEM bonnet cover to G-Wagon's as it gives out the completeness that the rest of the front fascia provides. Below pic would give you a quick reminder.

Force Gurkha: G-Wagen Makeover-maxresdefault-g-wagon.jpg

regards,
winsler

Last edited by winsler_srider : 17th July 2017 at 09:49.
winsler_srider is offline   Reply With Quote