Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 22:00   #76
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 912 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hI Why is that black PC put on the bonnet? any idea or story behind it
If you are referring to the vinyl covering its called a bra, helps prevent damage from stone chips at highway speeds, especially when you are behind a truck or other large vehicle. Even sports cars use these
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 15:52   #77
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Question

So where in Hyderabad can I find a vinyl hood cover? And how much may it cost. Anybody with info, please PM me, or give ur inputs on the thread.

Thanks,
Ashutosh
ashu_DL8SAL2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 11:06   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,837
Thanked: 353 Times
Default

Are any of these Jeeps running independent suspension setups ?? Curious, as that would make the ride quality much better. Also because for people such as myself with back problems can only "wish" to own & drive such beautiful Jeeps - BUT for the suspension.



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 01:00   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Wow!! lovery thread. Sorry linked in late but "better late than never".

Hi Guys I am Bala and am a jeeper and I have loads of news for you all guys. I am also getting my Willys CJ2A doneup here in Hyderabad and my experience so far has been really good, the workmanship or Craftmanship is awesome, absolutely fantastic.

These guys are real magicians trust me guys they are good at it. I've seen umpty numbers of American jeeps shaping up, converting the Long body to Short chassis, plonking off the old engines to Toyota 1C, 2C and the latest trend is for Toyota Qualis engines costing 70-80k, these jeeps also adorn with power steering from a Innova and others, power break so efficient you can just stop at inch difference razor sharp!

The paint job is quite awesome, and in my opinion painting jeeps are more thougher than a car. It takes close to a month and the outcome is neat and clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps in Hyderabad-p030710_17.49_01.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p030710_17.49_02.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p030710_17.50.jpg  

chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 11:19   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,837
Thanked: 353 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Wow!! lovery thread. Sorry linked in late but "better late than never".

Hi Guys I am Bala and am a jeeper and I have loads of news for you all guys. I am also getting my Willys CJ2A doneup here in Hyderabad and my experience so far has been really good, the workmanship or Craftmanship is awesome, absolutely fantastic.

These guys are real magicians trust me guys they are good at it. I've seen umpty numbers of American jeeps shaping up, converting the Long body to Short chassis, plonking off the old engines to Toyota 1C, 2C and the latest trend is for Toyota Qualis engines costing 70-80k, these jeeps also adorn with power steering from a Innova and others, power break so efficient you can just stop at inch difference razor sharp!

The paint job is quite awesome, and in my opinion painting jeeps are more thougher than a car. It takes close to a month and the outcome is neat and clean.
Seems to be shaping up well !! Pics of the front please How much do these converts cost ??

Is yur jeep being done by the Reddys' ?


Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 23:12   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MH24 aka LATUR
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 941 Times
Default

hi DKG
i have heard that there are some fabricator's in Hyderabad who make exact replica of cj 3/5 body from plain sheet of steel (even blindfolded ) .

is it possible to buy one ?
do you have any contact numbers ?
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 23:32   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Seems to be shaping up well !! Pics of the front please How much do these converts cost ??

Is yur jeep being done by the Reddys' ?


Cheers
Yup! My jeep is shaping up or rather shaped up now a fresh coat is due. No Reddy is not doing my job. There are many people who encash these craftsman's skills.

Sorry I haven't got the complete pictures of the jeep but, promise will show up many more in near feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps in Hyderabad-p120610_17.41.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p220510_14.43.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p200610_17.28_01.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p200610_17.26.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p260610_17.45.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p260610_17.44.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-p200610_17.27.jpg  

chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 09:30   #83
DKG
Senior - BHPian
 
DKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,706
Thanked: 912 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hi DKG
i have heard that there are some fabricator's in Hyderabad who make exact replica of cj 3/5 body from plain sheet of steel (even blindfolded ) .

is it possible to buy one ?
do you have any contact numbers ?

Yes for 35 k you get a complete new body. Will check with a guy I know who does bodies and post his contact numbers
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 09:57   #84
BHPian
 
mail2abhi83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 42
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

This is defnitely work of Bahadurpura. These guys are magicians, I know of a guy who can build the body straight up, his name is Farooq Bhai, on the main road of Bahadurpura, Jeeps place, he has his workshop, next to a famous hotel (If I may call it so)
mail2abhi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 10:01   #85
BHPian
 
mail2abhi83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 42
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Attaching pics of my Jeep

Attaching the pics of my jeep, which is done up at Bahadurpura. Apologies for the poor quality of Pictures, taken from my mobile cam.

Also pls excuse the Merc & Classic, on asking my guy he told, styling is done by a Boy. "Bahut Rangeela bachaa hai saab" was his comment, will re-do the styling though.

Regds
Abhi
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps in Hyderabad-16072010.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-16072010001.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-16072010002.jpg  

Jeeps in Hyderabad-16072010003.jpg  

mail2abhi83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 23:37   #86
BHPian
 
gotzuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 488
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I am also getting my Willys CJ2A doneup here in Hyderabad and my experience so far has been really good, the workmanship or Craftmanship is awesome, absolutely fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Yup! My jeep is shaping up or rather shaped up now a fresh coat is due.
Are you sure your jeep is a CJ2A?
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 14:32   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
chanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: APX to AP 29
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

It is'nt a CJ2A however an original left hand High bonnet Willys Jeep which was converted to low bonnet and right hand apart from a diesel engine by the prev owner. I was mislead with the fact. However I am happy with the reliability, performance by the jeep and the best part was it never broke down.

After falling in love with its performance and looking at the fact that I need a cost effective daily runner along with the love for the jeep esp a CJ2A I said we will get this machine done up as a look alike of CJ2A.

coming to the under hood part lies the Peugot engine for its low maintanence and reliability apart from being a good match for its 3speed Willys gear box. 4X4 drive with Lamda hub.

I am finding difficult to find NMDS tyres and from CEAT can anyone help. Again apart from the Original Jeep rims what else can prove better for this jeep. Please Advice.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 11:15   #88
BHPian
 
gotzuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 488
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
After falling in love with its performance and looking at the fact that I need a cost effective daily runner along with the love for the jeep esp a CJ2A I said we will get this machine done up as a look alike of CJ2A.
It's hard not to be enamored by theses little flat fenders.
Do post more pics when your jeep is done!
Do you want to go in for radials or NDMS on new rims?
Cheers
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 16:35   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
It's hard not to be enamored by theses little flat fenders.
gotzuk,
These little flat (Classic) fenders are up for exchange with the older ones (round type) if they are in good condition. Do you have them or anybody else?
Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps in Hyderabad-img_6339.jpg  

fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 21:39   #90
BHPian
 
gotzuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 488
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
gotzuk,
These little flat (Classic) fenders are up for exchange with the older ones (round type) if they are in good condition. Do you have them or anybody else?
Regards,
Are you looking for just fenders or fenders with a jeep attached to them?
gotzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hyderabad srisailam nagarjunsagar hyderabad warangal hyderabad pravdr Travelogues 61 2nd May 2010 21:52
And what about these two Jeeps?? overdose14 Modifications & Accessories 20 10th September 2008 21:01
For Sale : 12000lbs Electric Winch for JEEPs & 4WDs ex670c Shifting gears 2 13th March 2007 16:29
Off-Roading in Delhi JEEPs & Other 4WDs -04 Feb 2007 ex670c Indian Motorsport 7 5th February 2007 13:30
CRDI engines for Mahindra Jeeps Dippy The Indian Car Scene 4 2nd September 2006 23:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks