Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 30th May 2008, 00:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
I saw this car on sale on ebay(?) or somewhere online for about 2.5L odd. trying to find the link,
Still for sale on ebay but 2.1L.

eBay India: M&M 540 JEEP with Hydro- Adjustable Suspension MUST See (item 320249274636 end time 06-Jun-2008 15:00:34 IST)
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 00:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Thank You for the information Pankaj - I would be interested in a restorable Willy / Kaiser. CJ-3B being the preference but not to get too picky. And if your pind is the same pind as mine i.e. Gurgaon - I could join you in weekend searches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
all true what said by Mr. Sachdeva. you do need a serious effort to find a original willys. restoring is not a problem.
@Pankaj: where do you come from bro, what PIND are you from?
Ahh Vcash bro, though I have made Gurgaon as my pind now a days but i am basically from punjab. My hometown is not too far from Dabwali around 1 hour 30 min drive and as my younger brother was hunting for a Willy for himself before he moved to Australia , I know there are some old original willys in my area

@Desideep buddy, i am from a place called Muktsar .it's samll town close to Ferozepur/ Bathinda. Are you also from punjab?
Ahh just noticed you are from Bathinda, so we are neighbours hmm.

Quote:
desideep - Would you like to join our hunting party?! Any info on avaialble Willys would be much appreciated.
Just let me check with my brother about the location of some of the old willys in and around my home town and i will let you know the details in 2-3 days.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st June 2008 at 20:51. Reason: Multiple posts merged.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 00:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
I heard Nabha in Punjab is also good for Jeeps (not on the scale of Dabwali though).

I think most the Jeeps are ex military, so why not go along and ask them to leave the engine, gearbox and 4x4 system in place. You could just get the body renewed and forgo the power steering if you do not want it.

I was meant to visit Dabwali on my last visit but ended up spending more time in Himachal than planned.
@bigman
there is another Sangrur in Punjab which is also quite famous for jeeps & Enfeild Bullets....

Over all it’s very popular all over the Punjab... many commonly seen in colleges specially....

Last edited by aah78 : 1st June 2008 at 19:40. Reason: COLOR tags removed
Cool Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 01:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Ahh Vcash bro, though I have made Gurgaon as my pind now a days but i am basically from punjab. My hometown is not too far from Dabwali around 1 hour 30 min drive and as my younger brother was hunting for a Willy for himself before he moved to Australia , I know there are some old original willys in my area

@Desideep buddy, i am from a place called Muktsar .it's samll town close to Ferozepur/ Bathinda. Are you also from punjab?
Please click some pics if you guys go to dabwali. Will be interesting to see what the place has to offer.

You not from round Lambi are you ? has a great annual horse fair if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Anyway there was one (army) mm 550xdp there with the original 4x4 in working order but the original peugeot engine was removed and fitted with a Di engine so I gave it a miss. If it had the original engine then I would have bought it there and then. All that for 2.25lakhs.

If anyone wants the address then I will post it here.

Pretty expensive I feel. From the feelers I have got, a Stock good condition ex-army MM550s goes for about 80k - 125k. Even if hes changed the engine.. 2.25L is on higher side I feel.

I thought this Dabwala place was resonable.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

They make a good profit on it from that junk but thats the way it goes there.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 21:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
desideep - Would you like to join our hunting party?! Any info on avaialble Willys would be much appreciated.
Sure man why not just let me be back from my big trip and we will start hunting we will meet up one day and then deceide where we start hunting from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post

Hanjee Bai jee we are Malwai Bhai. say it in punjabi you will get the feel of it. hehehe
any way i have friends from Muktsar. been there to Takht sahib. will surely meet up soon. i am working in gurgaon too

Hey Big man seems you from punjab aswell. we had jameen at Lambi Pind. sold off long time ago remember going to the Mela once it was amazing havent been to the Horse fair in a long time now. and all these jeeps are from Dabwali. dabwali is known CJ kinds and Moga is know for MM.

@ Randhawa : Randhawa saab if you are looking for a MM550 go to Moga and you certainly would be able to find a good one for your self. i can see Brighton is this the one in the UK or the one in US

Last edited by aah78 : 1st June 2008 at 20:51. Reason: Multiple posts merged.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 22:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

@desideep Thanks for the suggestion, might go to Moga next week then. The problem is that I am looking for army mm550 xdp which is not that easy to find yet.

Its Brighton from UK.
Old 31st May 2008, 23:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hey Big man seems you from punjab aswell. we had jameen at Lambi Pind. sold off long time ago remember going to the Mela once it was amazing havent been to the Horse fair in a long time now. and all these jeeps are from Dabwali. dabwali is known CJ kinds and Moga is know for MM.

@ Randhawa : Randhawa saab if you are looking for a MM550 go to Moga and you certainly would be able to find a good one for your self. i can see Brighton is this the one in the UK or the one in US
My grandfather was from near Goraya and later shifted to Hissar (Haryana). Dabwali is not too far from where we live now but never got round to going there.
Old 1st June 2008, 14:28   #40
BHPian

Kindly send me the contact details for MM550XD.I'm also looking for an original army MM550XD.So if you find any please inform me.
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 20:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Here is the address of the guy who has one but its with a DI engine.

Dhanna Singh

DS Jeep Body Repairing Works
G.T. Road, Mandi Dabwali, Sirsa
94160-45775
Old 1st June 2008, 23:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Great pics there! Now I too want a Jeep!
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 02:01   #43
BHPian

Thanks Mr Randhawa for the info.Have you personally seen the jeep?.Hope they haven't spoiled that originality of MM550dp.?
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

@Jack33. Yes mate I have seen the jeep. It was off -white in color, had a army green hood with same color seats. Had nice alloys with some cheap rubber. 4x4 was in place and a power steering was added in front.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:47   #45
Team-BHP Support

Had spotted this Jeep while in Amritsar late 2006. Looked quite macho in person.
What model is this, anyone?
Attached Images

manson is offline   Reply With Quote