Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 16th August 2009, 13:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Another MM product gone horribly WRONG!

Mr. Nanda hope you are reading this!

i wish they moniter automotive forum websites to get an unofficial feedback!
Nanda? who nanda? I see what you guys are talking about but before assuming stuff, can the big guys please list out all the things wrong with this custom job? atleast I can watch out and not step in the same steps. I have to do something with that chassis that I've bought. you know what I'm saying.
14000rpm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 14:32   #137
BANNED

as harjeev said, 8 lakhs for that!! no way!

i will post some photos of this jeep without the soft top soon.

this jeep has been given only a cosmetic modification and nothing to the mechanical parts! nothing at all!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 00:02   #138
BHPian

Default egads

Parm Harjeev

You guys are right . this is absolutely a terrible job. better to buy the major at 5.5 lacs, visit the frankfurt motor show (and the mercedes and bmw museums while you are there) in september and come back and buy another 4x4 mm540. and my guess is you still wont spend more than what you would have spent on this tart
53BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 21:06   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
as harjeev said, 8 lakhs for that!! no way!

i will post some photos of this jeep without the soft top soon.

this jeep has been given only a cosmetic modification and nothing to the mechanical parts! nothing at all!
got those pix parm. thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53BHP View Post
Parm Harjeev

You guys are right . this is absolutely a terrible job. better to buy the major at 5.5 lacs, visit the frankfurt motor show (and the mercedes and bmw museums while you are there) in september and come back and buy another 4x4 mm540. and my guess is you still wont spend more than what you would have spent on this tart
it sure is a terrible price to pay. I admit. Now I'm successfully back to the dwg board. I've got a lil more time coz I've got the getz and the mm540 jobs to keep my workshop busy. Now, its suggestion time. This is a 4X4 and I'm not letting go of it. Point cleared. and its a MWB. not comfy with the idea of chopping it to make it a swb. with these in mind, I'm open for ideas from all of you.
Old 18th August 2009, 14:58   #140
BHPian

8 Lakh for nothing new. And the 'customization' looks very tacky to me, like they were thrown in as an afterthought. M&M surely have a bunch of champion MBAs who sit and work out a market strategy, but so far, it all looks very wrong with the souvenir. I hope they come up with something new and exciting soon, or at least revive the old classic (which anyway is better than this souvenir).
rohanarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 17:59   #141
NIP
Senior - BHPian

For 8L, one can build a killer custom CJ3B with a Scorpio engine probably.
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 19:31   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
For 8L, one can build a killer custom CJ3B with a Scorpio engine probably.
I'm getting the feeling that I've confused a few people here. I don't intend to send this jeep to M&M for the custom job. I'll build it myself. I've got my own custom car and bike shop. and this won't cost me a fraction of what M&M quotes. But, yes truth is , the souvenir is not that great a piece of art like the M&M classic became. which is why I'm back to the dwg board.
and btw, I have currently shelved my plans to fit a scorpio engine in a cj3b I've got. Vitamin M deficiency.
I've got 4 jeeps with me on current count.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 18th August 2009 at 19:33.
Old 18th August 2009, 20:55   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
I'm getting the feeling that I've confused a few people here. I don't intend to send this jeep to M&M for the custom job. I'll build it myself. I've got my own custom car and bike shop. and this won't cost me a fraction of what M&M quotes. But, yes truth is , the souvenir is not that great a piece of art like the M&M classic became. which is why I'm back to the dwg board.
and btw, I have currently shelved my plans to fit a scorpio engine in a cj3b I've got. Vitamin M deficiency.
hi buddy
as you said that you were planning to do the mod of installing a scorpio engine in the CJ3B you must have done some homework on the cost part, details like gearbox etc etc. Can you please share the detaiils. Though I am not planning any mods this would be just for knowledge sake
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 12:19   #144
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry if I've confused you I am talking about the Souvenir (thread topic), not about your jeep in particular.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:47   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
hi buddy
as you said that you were planning to do the mod of installing a scorpio engine in the CJ3B you must have done some homework on the cost part, details like gearbox etc etc. Can you please share the detaiils. Though I am not planning any mods this would be just for knowledge sake

will give you the info mate. hang in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Sorry if I've confused you I am talking about the Souvenir (thread topic), not about your jeep in particular.
its cool. now its clear. but whats not clear is what mod do I do on the MWB jeep!!
Old 20th August 2009, 11:32   #146
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
will give you the info mate. hang in there.

its cool. now its clear. but whats not clear is what mod do I do on the MWB jeep!!
I think you need to start a new thread for your jeep. Discussing it here is just OT.
Old 12th September 2009, 02:48   #147
BHPian

Are these Mm models selling at all.
I doubt it as its way to expy, specially without any safety features.
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 16:50   #148
BHPian

Gosh not again.. I think people should at least think, what are they paying for and why? Mahindra still does not get a basic idea of what their customers are actually looking for. Paying 2.5 laks and then getting stuck with this vehicle for the rest of your life is not a good deal either. The rear bumper looks like its been removed from a circus wagon. The red seat lines on the edge of the seats looks awesomely horrible. Yuck!
yamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 02:31   #149
BHPian

Will the CJ3B SWB be ever produced again or is it best to put this dream into a box and seal it forever?
yikes6633 is offline   Reply With Quote