Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 02:05   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,085
Thanked: 166 Times
Default

Its just like indian way of pimpin your jeep i hope you all remember the way East coast customs added those 25 inch wheels to that blue jeep
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 07:17   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,647
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

what would these cost appox???

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2008 at 09:25. Reason: app = approx or approximately. Please type in full, thanks.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 10:20   #18
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Two of this may have escaped to Mumbai :
love those tyres !! can someone identify what those tires are and their availability !?
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:08   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hahahah!! Yokohama ES 100's on a Jeep! What a sad joke!
Imagine the ride quality in that jeep.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:09   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Cool. They have POWER STEERING stickers.
The jeeps look good though.
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:31   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,677
Thanked: 8,704 Times
Default

This a friend's jeep,nothing except looks is good,made in dabwali.the jeep has toyota 2c diesel engine with 5 speed gearbox with no four wheel drive,it also has powersteering which is ultralight without any feel or response,another showoff machine.

ATYAAADQrollxlML3tXYWQl9IZTOvSzz0ODhgVMOyZIb3lghdYxjNMvxVqvZLLqDrhn1ejt00KsZLWSqh1wn6Al6W3G7AJtU9VDC

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th August 2008 at 11:40.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:41   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,576
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Malaut is a market where functional jeeps are auctioned and one can find a reasonably good jeep below 1L.
Do you mean Malout on the GT road which is in Faridkot Dt ? I am curious to know more about the Jeep melas there, I studied in DAV College, Malout in 1988-1990.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:47   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,677
Thanked: 8,704 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Do you mean Malout on the GT road which is in Faridkot Dt ? I am curious to know more about the Jeep melas there, I studied in DAV College, Malout in 1988-1990.
Malout is near bathinda and AFAIK its in firozpur district.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 11:50   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,561
Thanked: 80,357 Times
Default

While not too many amongst us would buy a Jeep from Dabwali, gotta appreciate their enthusiasm in building custom Jeeps. After all, they are obviously catering to an existing demand. If bling is your thing, no need to look any further. To each his own.

The under-the-hood picture shows worksmanship that is better than that of some Jeeps I have seen
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 12:58   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
DirtyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dharamsala
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Dabwali/Moga

Major, even if negative, this is a useful report and a well done reconnaissance.

I was curious about Dabwali myself and now you have saved me, and other folks on this site interested in 4x4 jeeps, a long trip to a hot dusty place. Many thanks.

Did you see some mm540s/mm550s outside shops in Moga? I saw just a handful last time I was there 2 weeks ago. I talked to shops there but I have doubts about their ability to do heavy restoration work or modifications successfully. I may go back there this week. Is Malaut in the Punjab or nearby?
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 13:36   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,576
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Malout is near bathinda and AFAIK its in firozpur district.
One moment I really got confused and thought the whole discussion here about Malout (Malaut) is about a second town in the same name .

But guys its the same place you are talking about. Its in Muktsar district right now. If my 36 year old brain is not failing, it was under Faridkot dt when I was a student at DAV in 88-90 (same college where Gurdas Maan studied). Means there are new districts in Punjab after I left Malout in 1990. This town is on the GT road now known as NH-15. Map attached.

I am digging out my DAV collegues details to get more info on the Jeep Mela. You can also see the thread title place "Dabwali" on the map on NH-10. I hope there is no second town with same name again !!!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by shajufx : 4th August 2008 at 13:41.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 16:15   #27
BHPian
 
susan3004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kapurthala
Posts: 345
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Major, even if negative, this is a useful report and a well done reconnaissance.

I was curious about Dabwali myself and now you have saved me, and other folks on this site interested in 4x4 jeeps, a long trip to a hot dusty place. Many thanks.

Did you see some mm540s/mm550s outside shops in Moga? I saw just a handful last time I was there 2 weeks ago. I talked to shops there but I have doubts about their ability to do heavy restoration work or modifications successfully. I may go back there this week. Is Malaut in the Punjab or nearby?
Thanks for the appreciation Ken.
Moga is not into quality restoration by any means, but you can always expect to find clean 540/550s.
Explaining the shopkeeper of the modification and requirements is a task in itself. They have some preconcieved ideas from which they seldom budge.
However, the finish at Dabwali was better compared to these people.
susan3004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 17:46   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,085
Thanked: 166 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While not too many amongst us would buy a Jeep from Dabwali, gotta appreciate their enthusiasm in building custom Jeeps. After all, they are obviously catering to an existing demand. If bling is your thing, no need to look any further. To each his own.

The under-the-hood picture shows worksmanship that is better than that of some Jeeps I have seen
Bang on yes that what i am saying see for a person like me who may not go extream off roading i think that 4x4 is no use. so i personally would go for a normal jeep with every thing thats in the car like a AC of what ever and i just like the form factor of this kind of a 4 wheeler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
One moment I really got confused and thought the whole discussion here about Malout (Malaut) is about a second town in the same name .

But guys its the same place you are talking about. Its in Muktsar district right now. If my 36 year old brain is not failing, it was under Faridkot dt when I was a student at DAV in 88-90 (same college where Gurdas Maan studied). Means there are new districts in Punjab after I left Malout in 1990. This town is on the GT road now known as NH-15. Map attached.

I am digging out my DAV collegues details to get more info on the Jeep Mela. You can also see the thread title place "Dabwali" on the map on NH-10. I hope there is no second town with same name again !!!
Yes thats the one that we are talking about. now if you talk about punjab there are way to many changes there too many new Districts and all that. beleive me or not if you know BARNALA even that is a district now..
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 18:50   #29
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 592 Times
Default

ofcourse with these jeeps selling for 2 lakhs and above, its only bling bling factor that these jeeps are made for. in simple words TASHAN!

if one is into serious offroading better buy a real 4x4 like Gurkha, bolero or get a mm550 4x4 and build it!

it was a well done recce by major saab and his friend, a job well done!

now lets see who all gets inspired by these bling bling jeep and goes for them and lets see all go for 4x4 real offroad jeep.

cheers:
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 19:46   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,392
Thanked: 654 Times
Default

Can somebody from south, make a trip to some popular jeep areas and make a report.
That would help us 4x4 junkies a lot on the Jeep scene down south.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MM550 Army 4x4 Jeeps 4x4addict 4x4 Vehicles 50 21st August 2014 14:57
And what about these two Jeeps?? overdose14 Modifications & Accessories 20 10th September 2008 21:01
For Sale : 12000lbs Electric Winch for JEEPs & 4WDs ex670c Shifting gears 2 13th March 2007 16:29
Off-Roading in Delhi JEEPs & Other 4WDs -04 Feb 2007 ex670c Indian Motorsport 7 5th February 2007 13:30
CRDI engines for Mahindra Jeeps Dippy The Indian Car Scene 4 2nd September 2006 23:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks