Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 4th September 2008, 00:25   #1
BHPian

Default Does anyone have an MM540DP user/service manual?

Hi guys.Dont know if this thread is in the right place.I recently purchased a 95 model mm540dp 4wd in coorg and have been looking for its user/service manual.the previous owner doesnt have it anymore.I tried searching tbhp and online too but havent been able to find one.if anyone can help me out with the manual I would be grateful.

Regards,
Zahed
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 10:01   #2
BHPian

Default Manuals

Zahed,
follow this link here
There are a few manuals here. I found the user manual for mm540 here. Almost 30Mb or so. i found it useful.

Krishna
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 11:04   #3
BHPian

Default Service Manual for Mahindra Thar (MM 540)

You can download the manual for Mahindra Thar which is more or less the MM540 with a Turbocharged 2 L CRDI engine.

Refer to more gyaan on this vehicle at :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...rt-only-3.html (The Mahindra Thar (for export only))

And the Service Manual for this vehicle can be downloaded from :-

Please sign in to your eSnips account

Service Manual Courtesy (esnips.com),
Uploaded on esnips by - Luissantos (Portugal)
Sabareesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 13:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
Zahed,
follow this link here
There are a few manuals here. I found the user manual for mm540 here. Almost 30Mb or so. i found it useful.

Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
You can download the manual for Mahindra Thar which is more or less the MM540 with a Turbocharged 2 L CRDI engine.

Refer to more gyaan on this vehicle at :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...rt-only-3.html (The Mahindra Thar (for export only))

And the Service Manual for this vehicle can be downloaded from :-

Please sign in to your eSnips account

Service Manual Courtesy (esnips.com),
Uploaded on esnips by - Luissantos (Portugal)
thanks guys.i had been to the esnips website earlier but was unable to download the manual.downloading it again right now
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2014, 00:16   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Does anyone have an MM540DP user/service manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
thanks guys.i had been to the esnips website earlier but was unable to download the manual.downloading it again right now

Hi there,Good to see that you have got the manual for the MM540,,could you please mail it to me as somehow the esnips page itself doesn't seem to open here ta my end,,,would be highly obliged.
My email id is anoshdhondy@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Anosh.F.Dhondy
anoshdhondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 10:13   #6
BHPian

I am also looking for the manual, and have been not lucky to have it downloaded.
Have tried in many forums. If someone has it please email it to my id srinikasyap(@)gmail
srinikasyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 17:25   #7

Zahed,
i have a scanned copy of Mahendra CJ540 service manual, should match mm540, but in different language, i can forward you. please let me know your email id.
technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 15:12   #8
BHPian

Can you send me the manual aswell.

email it to my id srinikasyap(@)gmail
srinikasyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2014, 15:45   #9
BHPian

Jeepers,
Has anyone ever interacted with Mahindra company/ dealers regarding providing of service manuals/ Parts catalogue?
When I bought my Thar 4x4 Di in June 13, I noticed after driving a few kms that speedo meter is not working but as we were in way of Ganesh temple we didn’t back. After coming home I get under the vehicle and found that speedo chain was not connected. Next day we went to showroom and mechanic connected the chain but speedo not worked because chain was broken. Then all R&D game was started in work shop, they tried thar 2wd, major 2wd and brand new thar crde speedo cable but none was proper fit for Thar 4x4. After 2-3 days they got the right cable and fitted.
They were ready to shunting between Showroom and work shop ( a waste of time) but did not taken a little pain to read the part no of speedo cable for Thar Di 4x4.

Apart from above example 2wd and 4wd model of same vehicle differs in many parts.

One more fear which I have that when BS5 emission standards will apply in Apr 15 (just after 1 year) all BS 3 engine will be out of production and work shops will through their manuals carelessly.

For above reasons I requested Mahindra A.S.S. and Showroom to provide me parts catalogue and service manual on payment basis but they refused by saying that it is company’s secret documents and cannot be given.

Any one knows/ interacted with Mahindra, how to get the parts catalogue and manuals of currently production vehicles?

Last edited by (Alok) : 30th January 2014 at 15:46.
(Alok) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2014, 20:16   #10

Hi,

i havce sent it, please check your mails.
technic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Jeepers,
Has anyone ever interacted with Mahindra company/ dealers regarding providing of service manuals/ Parts catalogue?
When I bought my Thar 4x4 Di in June 13, I noticed after driving a few kms that speedo meter is not working but as we were in way of Ganesh temple we didnít back. After coming home I get under the vehicle and found that speedo chain was not connected. Next day we went to showroom and mechanic connected the chain but speedo not worked because chain was broken. Then all R&D game was started in work shop, they tried thar 2wd, major 2wd and brand new thar crde speedo cable but none was proper fit for Thar 4x4. After 2-3 days they got the right cable and fitted.
They were ready to shunting between Showroom and work shop ( a waste of time) but did not taken a little pain to read the part no of speedo cable for Thar Di 4x4.

Apart from above example 2wd and 4wd model of same vehicle differs in many parts.

One more fear which I have that when BS5 emission standards will apply in Apr 15 (just after 1 year) all BS 3 engine will be out of production and work shops will through their manuals carelessly.

For above reasons I requested Mahindra A.S.S. and Showroom to provide me parts catalogue and service manual on payment basis but they refused by saying that it is companyís secret documents and cannot be given.

Any one knows/ interacted with Mahindra, how to get the parts catalogue and manuals of currently production vehicles?
@Alok

I have a soft copy of the Thar Di parts catalogue, PM me your mail ID.
Timson is offline   Reply With Quote