Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 17th February 2009, 10:41   #121
BHPian

Will continue with our story after some time. But now I have a question to ask

My Jeeps clutch feels so heavy. Much heavier than normal jeeps. What should be the reason. Can Gurus help in making my clutch a little lighter. Its very difficult to drive in this condition
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 13:55   #122
BHPian

Default Problem with my CJ340

I have a problem with my jeep. When i am cruising(if you can call it so)in the 4th gear suddenly i lose power . There is no response to the accelerator and vehicle switches off after some time if i dont shift to second gear. what may be the problem. I tried removing the air by pumping . but dont know if i have done it properly. Can anyone tell me how to do this and also what are the other tricks to see what the problem may be.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 06:27   #123
BHPian

Get the fuel line and fuel filter checked , that may be choked.
Could also be an fuel pump and nozle issue, get it checked at an authorized bosch or mico dealer.

Regards,

Fahad
Jeepfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 11:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

Default Loose connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
I have a problem with my jeep. When i am cruising(if you can call it so)in the 4th gear suddenly i lose power . There is no response to the accelerator and vehicle switches off after some time if i dont shift to second gear. what may be the problem. I tried removing the air by pumping . but dont know if i have done it properly. Can anyone tell me how to do this and also what are the other tricks to see what the problem may be.
This happened to my vehicle long time back. The vehicle used to stall or jerk. Even i thought it had to do something with fuel lines. Got every thing changed but problem remained. The reason was a loose wire that runs to the FIP pump. Just fix it. May be it is as simple as that!!:-))))
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote