Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 22nd March 2009, 11:58   #166
BHPian

looks like heaven.....

Seems like i will have more reasons than ever to visit Jaipur now.

Kudos to your mamaji. Any job openings in his garage :P. I am willing to leave my current job for this
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:04   #167
Senior - BHPian

Randeep,

Any more information about the winch on the Willy ? Tow capacity, price, make ?

Thanks.

Last edited by bigman : 22nd March 2009 at 12:11.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:03   #168
BANNED

Decided!! i would like to get my ex army disposal jeep restored by this garage, no matter if it takes 1-2 years!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:59   #169
Senior - BHPian

by just Reading this thread am pushed to look at getting a similar one.

Is it possible to get such military vehicles in chennai? are there any good restorers in chennai?

Please give me some info
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:11   #170
BHPian

@ Randeep - Your mamaji must really like you very much to even bother with working on a stupid 550 when he has all these exotic ladies to attend to. You should thank your stars. Wishing you luck for your jeep restoration, not that you need any.

cheers
vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a good quality workshop. The most tidy workshop I have ever seen in India.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:11   #172
BHPian

Hi Randeep

The pics are excellent! What beauties your Mamaji is restoring. We can plan and all go visit your Mamaji's garage next time you are going!!

How is your 550 coming along?

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 15:54   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Randeep,

Any more information about the winch on the Willy ? Tow capacity, price, make ?

Thanks.
Hi Everyone,

Sorry could not reply to your post as I had to rush to my village near Hisar as my grand father had a heart attack and was admitted in the hospital. He got discharged on wednesday but I stayed back for another couple of days. Just got back today post lunch.

@ Satnam,

The winch on the Willy's is a Runva 6000 Lbs. I too have bought the same for my Jeep but the 8000 lbs one.

@Vishwas,
Lol. Yeah I guess he loves me lots, even with all the beauties getting dressed at the garage my Jeep gets some work happening is a big thing. Work is slow but its worth all the delay in delivery.

@Ankit,

I am planning to go next week to Jaipur. You are most welcome to join in. Well as I said earlier, the body work is going on at the moment. The rear side is done and now the bonnet mods are going on, also the leaf springs. Doors, as I had mentioned are done.

Cheers !!!
randeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 17:03   #174
BHPian

thats quite a neat garage and lots of intresting beauties being restored. hats off to mamaji
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 12:02   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Sorry could not reply to your post as I had to rush to my village near Hisar as my grand father had a heart attack and was admitted in the hospital. He got discharged on wednesday but I stayed back for another couple of days. Just got back today post lunch.

@Ankit,

I am planning to go next week to Jaipur. You are most welcome to join in. Well as I said earlier, the body work is going on at the moment. The rear side is done and now the bonnet mods are going on, also the leaf springs. Doors, as I had mentioned are done.

Cheers !!!
I hope that your Grand dad is feeling better now???

So how long do you think that your jeep will be??
And your trip to Jaipur, what is your program. Is Ankit also accompanying you??

@Ankit
Maybe we can plan the trip together.
If you tell me the dates, I can check my schedule, it might be a fun trip afterall!!!

Last edited by harjeev : 29th March 2009 at 12:04.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 14:10   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
I hope that your Grand dad is feeling better now???

So how long do you think that your jeep will be??
And your trip to Jaipur, what is your program. Is Ankit also accompanying you??

@Ankit
Maybe we can plan the trip together.
If you tell me the dates, I can check my schedule, it might be a fun trip afterall!!!
@ Harjeev,

I expect the Jeep to be ready by end of April ya.
There is a lot of work pending. The bonnet is getting fabricated. The bumpers have to get fabricated. The roll bars are yet to be made. When I get the tyres to the workshop, the suspension would need to be checked for any lift required. Once that is done the paint work will commence after which the hood and roll bar covers will get made. So i'm looking at end of April ya.

I would be going to Jaipur next week, friday I guess. Yes lets make a plan then. What say?

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
Old 29th March 2009, 14:40   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hope your grandad is better.

I thought you would have gone for bit of a lift to complete the monster look with those big MT's.

Name:  lift.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  23.4 KB
Old 29th March 2009, 14:50   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Hope your grandad is better.

I thought you would have gone for bit of a lift to complete the monster look with those big MT's.

Attachment 117303
Satnam,

Grand Dad's better ya. Will have to get a stint put.

Well I would be installing new shackles or increasing the number of leaf springs depending on my suspension not getting any stiffer. So would go for whatever is better. Not yet decided as yet though.

Cheers !!!!!!
Old 29th March 2009, 15:06   #179
BHPian

If you go for shackle lift, don't install longer shackles than the bolero's(it gave us about an Inch and a half of additional clearance, enough to warrent 33'' rubber). if you go longer than that, you can alter your king-pin angle enough to give you trouble, especailly when it comes to tire-life. Also if you just go with re-arched springs, do check how many stock original leafs do you have in there. If its a mixed bunch, take the originals aside, since its hard to come by original leaf springs, and you might need them later if you want to go stock sometime later.

Just my 2 cents
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2009, 16:14   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
If you go for shackle lift, don't install longer shackles than the bolero's(it gave us about an Inch and a half of additional clearance, enough to warrent 33'' rubber). if you go longer than that, you can alter your king-pin angle enough to give you trouble, especailly when it comes to tire-life. Also if you just go with re-arched springs, do check how many stock original leafs do you have in there. If its a mixed bunch, take the originals aside, since its hard to come by original leaf springs, and you might need them later if you want to go stock sometime later.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks Brutus,

Even I was thinking of putting only the Balero shackles but will decide once i'm there in Jaipur next weekend. Will put the new tyres on and then see what needs to be done. Even my mamaji was saying that the Bolero shackles would do the needful. I was suggested against the re-arched springs by another regular at the garage. Dont know much about these technicle details though. Learning for everyone on the website.

Cheers !!!!!!