Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 7th December 2008, 19:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
everything Jeep ,you have it in Thodupuzha town which is approx 62 kms from Ernakulam.
What did u mean? I didnt quite get you? Where do you stay in muvatupuha ?
prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2008, 22:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
What did u mean? I didnt quite get you? Where do you stay in muvatupuha ?
I think he meant, whatever you need about jeep its available in that town and its 62 kms from Ernakulam
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 04:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I think he meant, whatever you need about jeep its available in that town and its 62 kms from Ernakulam
Hmm..thats my maternal home. Not a big fan of jeeps there.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

^yes.exactly.Thodupuzha is the hub for automobile needs of Idukki district.Jeep workshops are much more there.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 11:52   #35
BHPian

Shows the hyrdraulic clutch
Shows the booster
Shows the old gear lever hole closed
Shows new accelerator pedal
Attached Images

Old 8th December 2008, 14:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Shows the hyrdraulic clutch
I always found the clutch of my Jeep is also quite tight and I also wanted to opt hydralic clutch, but machanic says, hydralic is not so reliable. I guess, he is wrong.

prmd_cochin, how much did the hydraulic clutch costed you. Where did you procure it.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 15:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey prmd_cohin, is the clutch based on hydaulic thrust bearing or it has an actuator out side [ slave cylinder] on the outer caseing? and what is the master cylinder taken from, is it from an indian vehicle or from the nissan itself?
Its got a slave cylinder. The master cylinder is from nissan loadking.

While returning from the worshop late night we manage to chase down what looked like a well maintained MM540. What would we do other than chase it down and take some photos. Jeep belongs to the owner of 'eastern curry powder' company's owner.
Attached Images

Old 8th December 2008, 15:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
I always found the clutch of my Jeep is also quite tight and I also wanted to opt hydralic clutch, but machanic says, hydralic is not so reliable. I guess, he is wrong.

prmd_cochin, how much did the hydraulic clutch costed you. Where did you procure it.
We got it from Trichur (60km away from cochin) patalam market and it cost us 3500.

In another hour we are going to fire up the engine for the first time after instalation. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:33   #39
BHPian

Guys the engine has been cranked up for this first time. The engine sounds refined and has a low deibal 'ikon diesel' bass feel to it. But my guy says it would become very quiet once the air filter is fitted. :(

We are still not decided on the tyre, we are now cotemplating putting in a Tavera rim with a MRF sand grip tyres.

Any suggestions?
Old 8th December 2008, 17:57   #40
BHPian

Hi Prmd,
Great going with the Jeep! I'm sure it was a moment of joy to hear that engine fire! Are the MRF Sandgrips easily available there? If they are, then I'd definitely recommend those tyres on the Jeep.Dont know baout the Tavera Rims though...I'd do a fair amount of research before I put in that combination. The sandgrips look great and have a lot of functionality too! Let me know where you're sourcing those tyres from, I'd be very interested to get my hands on a set of 5 too. Thanks!
Terrainsnooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 18:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys the engine has been cranked up for this first time. The engine sounds refined and has a low deibal 'ikon diesel' bass feel to it. But my guy says it would become very quiet once the air filter is fitted. :(

We are still not decided on the tyre, we are now cotemplating putting in a Tavera rim with a MRF sand grip tyres.

Any suggestions?

Good to see that the engine has been fired up and as you say sounds good too.
One thing that I was wondering is that you said that you plan to fit a 4x4 and you have sealed the floor of the vehicle? Would you be getting that done later?
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 18:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Good to see that the engine has been fired up and as you say sounds good too.
One thing that I was wondering is that you said that you plan to fit a 4x4 and you have sealed the floor of the vehicle? Would you be getting that done later?
Yup that would be done later. World wide recession has hit my pocket too.

But we dont plan to delay it very much, we want to drive with this engine a couple of hundred kilometeres and see if any more modification needs to be done. Would only be converting it into a full blown 4X4 after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrainsnooper View Post
Hi Prmd,
Great going with the Jeep! I'm sure it was a moment of joy to hear that engine fire! Are the MRF Sandgrips easily available there? If they are, then I'd definitely recommend those tyres on the Jeep.Dont know baout the Tavera Rims though...I'd do a fair amount of research before I put in that combination. The sandgrips look great and have a lot of functionality too! Let me know where you're sourcing those tyres from, I'd be very interested to get my hands on a set of 5 too. Thanks!
Well i heard same about Sandgrip tyres on the net, also the looks are good. Looks do matter right for a jeep, right?

I havnt enquired about its availabilty though, but this is India, if you search you will get what you want.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:45   #43
BHPian

Absolutely awesome! Love the interiors, the dash and mosaic household flooring was an innovative idea and is looking really good.
Hope you post daytime pics of the complete vehicle interiors and exteriors.
Congrats!
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2008, 21:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Absolutely awesome! Love the interiors, the dash and mosaic household flooring was an innovative idea and is looking really good.
Hope you post daytime pics of the complete vehicle interiors and exteriors.
Congrats!
Abhi,
I guess there was a misunderstanding. Those interiors are of the MM540 we chased down the highway. The exterior of the MM 540 is posted in post 39.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Tavera rims are something I personally like and even have a set of 5 with me. Note that if you want to use Tavera, you have changed the PCD. Also the size of Tavera ring is 15 X 5.5 or 6 inch where is MRF SandGrip is of 16 inch. Having said so, you need 16 inch wheel for the SandGrip tyre. However you can go for the 16 x 5.5 inch rim of MM550.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote