Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 3rd September 2009, 09:39   #106
Senior - BHPian

I guess for not less than 80-90K if its in a good state, considering the sudden rise of demand of the 3bs!
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:09   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Thanks Bikram,

Good insight into the Mudzilla's. I would have surely bought these tyres if my Jeeps were only for the farm, but we need them on tarmac also therefore I went ahead and bought the Maxxis "Big Horns" MT's. Good on road and amazing on mud and in slush.

The Mudzilla's sure add character to the Jeep once put.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
randeep,braking is another issue i found on mudzillas,specially on slightly wet tarmac,on top of that with a heavy right foot as mine and a petrol jeep with the works,it was'nt stopping at all,and the ride too on tarmac is bumpy because of the tread pattern.by the way i picked up an FJ62

cheers mate

mandeep
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:10   #108
BHPian

Hi Mandeep!!

Congrats for the FJ... Pics buddy? New thread?

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:06   #109
BHPian

I was in Delhi for my college Summer Implant project for my MBA.. and when in Delhi the best place i visited was the Karol Bagh Automotive market regret not knowing about mayapuri..but during my stay in Delhi my owner of my rented room.. who was a truck driver once mentioned some place by the name Mujjafrabad where a lot of stolen vehicles end up and parts and engines are available for cheap... next time if i'm ever in NCR I'm going to visit Mayapuri, may not buy anything. I like nothing more than roaming in junk yards like Mayapuri. Even here in Hubli we have a small vehicle junk yard.. where I used to go with my friends during my engineering days just to stare at the engines and other parts
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:46   #110
Senior - BHPian

Was planning a trip to mayapuri soon all the information provided here.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 01:32   #111
BHPian

Hey guys, any luck on finding the older mechinical fuel injection pump powered "SEZ2600" scorpio motor(non-CRDE) in Mayapuri?

I have 4 pre-75' American chassis jeep and am thinking of losing one to fund my Jonga project, and i thought i might use this motor to it to add some meat to it, along with the other off-roading goodies and the works.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 02:07   #112
BHPian

Hi Guys, have any of you tried picking up a winch from Mayapuri? I did read a few threads talking about the Chinese ones up for sale there... has anyone bought them & tried them on in your jeeps? If yes, how has been the performance? Also, what is the price range? It will help if you can share the contact details of the shop... I am looking for one for my CJ3B...

Thanks for your help,
Abhishek
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 03:24   #113
Senior - BHPian

Hi Brutus,

Might be better off trying Meerut as mentioned on some other threads about pricing. Mayapuri guys charge to much compared to other places.

Also how far you got with the Jonga project?
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 16:19   #114
BHPian

Default Pathetic Modifications

What terrible Avatars of the Legendary Army Jeep. Unfortunate are the vehicles chosen to be modified like this.

Sateesh
master uio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 17:55   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_d_zulu View Post
Hi Guys, have any of you tried picking up a winch from Mayapuri? I did read a few threads talking about the Chinese ones up for sale there... has anyone bought them & tried them on in your jeeps? If yes, how has been the performance? Also, what is the price range? It will help if you can share the contact details of the shop... I am looking for one for my CJ3B...

Thanks for your help,
Abhishek
Abhi, before aprox 6 months, I was there in Mayapuri and saw some 8 Lbs winch for asking price INR 20,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Hey guys, any luck on finding the older mechinical fuel injection pump powered "SEZ2600" scorpio motor(non-CRDE) in Mayapuri?
Quite a good chance that you will get it there.
DesertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 23:27   #116
BHPian

Thanks. I too went to Mayapuri a fortnight back & picked up a lot of spares & accessories, these winches are available at Tauji Motor Shop (W-36) incase someone was still looking for them.

AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Abhi, before aprox 6 months, I was there in Mayapuri and saw some 8 Lbs winch for asking price INR 20,000.

Quite a good chance that you will get it there.
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 17:16   #117
BHPian

hi there am desperately looking for an ex army gypsy king. can any help me buying a genuine king from mayapuri
annu0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 13:31   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hi
I recently helped a friend buy this CJ3B from Mayapuri!!!

The vehicle is in excellent shape (Mayapuri wise), drivable, 4x2 and has a diesel engine. The best part is the diesel is endorsed on the RC and yes its registered in Delhi which is transferable to the new owner!!!

At one point of time I got a little greedy and thought that I might keep it for myself but then I remembered my next target is a gypsy or Jeep-C and I have to get that in the next year or so.
Other than that I already have 2 3B's so the only lucrative thing in this vehicle was the Delhi number which is ok but nothing that I cant live without!!!

Here are the pics!!!

Mayapuri Jeeps-img_0959.jpg

Mayapuri Jeeps-img_0960.jpg

Mayapuri Jeeps-img_0961.jpg

Mayapuri Jeeps-img_0962.jpg

Mayapuri Jeeps-img_0963.jpg

Mayapuri Jeeps-img_0964.jpg
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 14:01   #119
BHPian

Default Brings back college memories

I was laughing when I saw this thread at the bottom, that how can we have this here but then I remember this is place for automobile enthusiasts and is place for everything we like. This thread brings back memory of my college years Late 1990s.

One of my friend was so enthusiastic to buy one of these he bought Jeep from an auction which he intended to modify( jugad) to show off during college. he bought absolute junk in auction and it took few rounds to mayapuri and a week later he was able to start his new acquisition. In the process we learnt a few slang for different parts of vehicles like chimta, butterfly etc. Anyway his patience and passion ran out steam at the same time and he sold what he bought in auction to one of the dealers in Mayapuri and happily settled for M800. Though one of other friend actually went ahead and got a red Jeep fixed for himself from Mayapuri. We all thought it was cool then.
I have seen a few original willy in my neighbhorhood and they are object of desire but they are not practical and most of time they are gathering dust.
cheers to this thread though.
SaneOp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 14:07   #120
BHPian

A good looking Jeep. How much it cost BTW?
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote