Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:48   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default

Hey Firoz... great progress I should say. Could you post (any problems) you may have faced while restoring the Engine and gear box?

And why is the front differential not connected to the transfer case(gear box)??
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:59   #62
fk7
BHPian
 
fk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calicut/Dubai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Hey Firoz... great progress I should say. Could you post (any problems) you may have faced while restoring the Engine and gear box?

And why is the front differential not connected to the transfer case(gear box)??
i have to find out about the engine and gear box from my relative, but i dont think there was any problems, as he would have told me. The front differential is yet to be connected. will be done today.

FK
fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:51   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Great Firoz
The work on you jeep is progressing at an amazing pace. COngrats for that.

What a strange coincidence I found water in my gear box too.
Keep up the good work.
The body tub has been painted from the underside or have you done anti-rust treatment or the anti rust paint (its a sort of a primer and not the black antirust treatment?? As In the pics it appears to have been painted
Also I can see that the 4x4 lever has not been attached. So how will you change it???

Please share what shocks have you put and what was the cost.
What tyres have you decided and are you painting the body too as when we met you said that you will be driving it in the current state only?
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:54   #64
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Thats great work Firoz.Congrats!!!!

Its very good that 3-4 of us are building the 550s together Harjeev,You,AlfaKilo,me.... great to share all these useful information.
Harjeev let me add myself also that I also found water in gear Box too.

I think 3M India has some anti rust treatment and Berger has anti rust paint .

Harjeev can you pls PM your no to me if you dont mind.Need some help.

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 11:26   #65
BHPian
 
randeep04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Dont forget me Ricky, My updates are slow but the rebuild is goin strong on my 550 also.

Cheers
randeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:29   #66
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Dont forget me Ricky, My updates are slow but the rebuild is goin strong on my 550 also.

Cheers
Sorry Bhai

I will not forget you . Keep us posted . Now I am dying to go to Kolhapur where my jeep is being built. as my tech has told me that we can start the engine in 1-2 days.

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:08   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Thats great work Firoz.Congrats!!!!

Its very good that 3-4 of us are building the 550s together Harjeev,You,AlfaKilo,me.... great to share all these useful information.
Harjeev let me add myself also that I also found water in gear Box too.

I think 3M India has some anti rust treatment and Berger has anti rust paint .

Harjeev can you pls PM your no to me if you dont mind.Need some help.

Tarkesh
Make that 6
Myself, Feroz, Alfakilo, Randeep, Tarkesh and now Bigman.
Yes the 550 fever is in its full form.
Watch out people
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 23:54   #68
fk7
BHPian
 
fk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calicut/Dubai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Great Firoz
The work on you jeep is progressing at an amazing pace. COngrats for that.

What a strange coincidence I found water in my gear box too.
Keep up the good work.
The body tub has been painted from the underside or have you done anti-rust treatment or the anti rust paint (its a sort of a primer and not the black antirust treatment?? As In the pics it appears to have been painted
Also I can see that the 4x4 lever has not been attached. So how will you change it???

Please share what shocks have you put and what was the cost.
What tyres have you decided and are you painting the body too as when we met you said that you will be driving it in the current state only?
Hi Harjeev,

I dont know how I missed your post. For your question, anti-rust has been applied and then the underside painted. The 4x4 lever will be attached after the body is placed back. I dont know the brands of the shocks and neither the price yet, but can find out.

The body is not to be painted yet, but I am hoping for the pearl white colour. So what tyres have you decided on your 550? I have no clue what tyre to get which will look as high as the military ones.

How is the progress on your vehicle going on?

FK
fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 07:42   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post

The above point is very true. It is quite tough to get an army disposal in south, even though acutions are held in Chennai and Bangakore. The guy at Mayapuri even said that he gets vehicles through someone located in a junk market behind some cinema in Chennai. Thats the first I have heard of a junk market in Chennai. Wonder where it is.
the place is called Border Thottam off GP road. Infact I met the person who is dealing with Mayapuri from Chennai. He is called Srinivasan.

I bought my Jeep trailer yesterday from Border Thottam.


FK, I think you bought this jeep from Mayapuri and got it transported to Cochin. Now my question how did you register it? I'm egar as Srinivasan of Border thottam says he can get me a MM550 from Mayapuri through his counterpart and sell it in chennai, but he says registeration tactics when it comes to mayapuri purchase is not-known.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 11:08   #70
fk7
BHPian
 
fk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calicut/Dubai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
the place is called Border Thottam off GP road. Infact I met the person who is dealing with Mayapuri from Chennai. He is called Srinivasan.

I bought my Jeep trailer yesterday from Border Thottam.


FK, I think you bought this jeep from Mayapuri and got it transported to Cochin. Now my question how did you register it? I'm egar as Srinivasan of Border thottam says he can get me a MM550 from Mayapuri through his counterpart and sell it in chennai, but he says registeration tactics when it comes to mayapuri purchase is not-known.
The registration from mayapuri disposals are as follows.

1. The vehicle needs to be registered in the name of the original auction buyer beyond a 200km radius of Delhi and RC book made.
2. After that an NOC needs to be made in the name of the next purchaser (which is you).
3. Other documents needed would be a sale letter from the original auction buyer stating that he is selling it to you.
4. All forms duly signed and the new RC book.

Once you have all these registering in Kerala is straight forward.

Hope that helps

FK
fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 09:37   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
The registration from mayapuri disposals are as follows.

1. The vehicle needs to be registered in the name of the original auction buyer beyond a 200km radius of Delhi and RC book made.
2. After that an NOC needs to be made in the name of the next purchaser (which is you).
3. Other documents needed would be a sale letter from the original auction buyer stating that he is selling it to you.
4. All forms duly signed and the new RC book.

Once you have all these registering in Kerala is straight forward.

Hope that helps

FK
So, in that case what about the Road tax ? You would have paid the road tax in Delhi while registering the Jeep. Which means when you bring it into Kerala how much does it cost you for re-registration ?

Please let me know, how long it took for registering in Delhi ?

Also the actuals paid to transport people for getting the jeep into Kerala from Delhi ?

As I'm already familiar with restoration, I'm bit concerned about the legalities in getting a jeep from mayapuri.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 11:42   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
So, in that case what about the Road tax ? You would have paid the road tax in Delhi while registering the Jeep. Which means when you bring it into Kerala how much does it cost you for re-registration ?

Please let me know, how long it took for registering in Delhi ?

Also the actuals paid to transport people for getting the jeep into Kerala from Delhi ?

As I'm already familiar with restoration, I'm bit concerned about the legalities in getting a jeep from mayapuri.
I think the following is one more way of getting an Army Disposal registered/transferred
This info I have gathered from my experience and I might be/ may be wrong,

After you buy the vehicle you can get it registered in Punjab (there are agents in Mayapuri). This give give you a Punjab number like PB 47 XXXX. The road tax etc will have to be paid in Punjab. Which I think is in the range of 14k currently.
Once this is done , you get an NOC form the Punjab authority favouring the specific registration authority in your area. This NOC will be procured by the Mayapuri agent, and then on the basis of this NOC you can get it transferred to your area. This means that the PB 47 XXXX will be changed to whatever TN 99 XXXX. I think that the NOC though is easily available and if one personally goes to the authority, might be free, but these agents charge 1-2k. After this is done then you have to get hold of some agent in your area and might be the normal transfer charges that will be applicable in you area.

Before doing this you just have to go to your respective authority and ask them what all documents they require for transfer/ change of vehicle number from one state to another. LAst I inquired it was a very simple process.

I hope this solves your query.

Last edited by harjeev : 14th February 2009 at 11:49.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 11:10   #73
fk7
BHPian
 
fk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calicut/Dubai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience - Phase I completed

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I have updated this thread. Can someone please show me how to edit the title of this thread.

Work on my 550 has progressed quite well and Phase I of my restoration has been completed. The first phase has been done to cater to the registration requirements in Calicut, Kerala, where at the RTO, the vehicle will be inspected and tested fully before I can apply for a local registration plate. The rules say that the vehicle should have a proper top and no army colour is allowed.

So as part of the first phase of the restoration the vehicle has been overhauled completely and it is now mechanically and electrically complete. I also got a second-hand top for 1000Rs. Some left over paint has been applied to get rid of the army colours.

Once the vehicle is registered in calicut, I will start with the second phase of the buildup. This will only be in July, when I come back to India and have driven the vehicle around for a few weeks.

Now let the pictures do the talking

Firoz
Attached Thumbnails
Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10549.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10550.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10551.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10552.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10553.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10558.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10559.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10561.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10574.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10575.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-sdc10576.jpg  

fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 13:09   #74
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Hi Firoz,

Your Jeep come out well. Cheers !!!

I wantd to know that you have the regi no. PB47XXXX now . The vehicle was already registerd with that no or after Harjeev gave suggestion , you registerd it in Punjab? And in whose name? how much you paid for it ?

It seems getting vehicle registered in Punjab is easy. i mean even without you have actual vehicle to show to RTO autho?

Pls let me know.

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 13:21   #75
fk7
BHPian
 
fk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calicut/Dubai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 132 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hi Firoz,

Your Jeep come out well. Cheers !!!

I wantd to know that you have the regi no. PB47XXXX now . The vehicle was already registerd with that no or after Harjeev gave suggestion , you registerd it in Punjab? And in whose name? how much you paid for it ?

It seems getting vehicle registered in Punjab is easy. i mean even without you have actual vehicle to show to RTO autho?

Pls let me know.

Tarkesh
Hi Ricky,

The vehicle has been registered in the name of the auction buyer and an NOC has been created in my name. This has been done by the agent from whom I bought the vehicle in Mayapuri.

Firoz
fk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mayapuri Jeeps randeep04 4x4 Vehicles 176 8th July 2015 09:50
MPFI Gypsy King bought from Mayapuri ntomer 4x4 Vehicles 143 3rd December 2013 11:32
With Love from MayaPuri [Gypsy King] annu0706 4x4 Vehicles 81 1st September 2010 16:03
Meerut - Supplier to Mayapuri Jeep Market? Parm 4x4 Vehicles 24 3rd July 2010 17:03
Auto Max Honda, Mayapuri, New Delhi-Excellent Service ashish22 Indian Car Dealerships 4 18th August 2008 21:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks