Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 19:57   #436
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,843
Thanked: 541 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Newest twins to hit the street in Cochin....Hope you guys like 'em.
the orange jeep looks cool. but it needs butch tyres. not on road tyres.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 23:49   #437
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 591 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
beautiful pair there.

Does the blue one have a SPoA setup or is it the angle which makes it so?

Looking for more pictures of the two vehicles

Firoz
no SPOA set up in the blue jeep, its the angle of the photo which makes it look lifted!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 08:58   #438
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

MM 540 1800 ISZ petrol 4wd, still needs work on the number plate typography, it's been 9 years haven't gotten down to it!
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-jeep-1.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-jeep01.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-jeep02.jpg  

bhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:01   #439
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 203 Times
Default

Heard a lot about it and seeing for the 1st time, i must say you are one lucky guy to have an ISZ Petrol Jeep straight from the factory. Must be a hell of a jeep to own & drive and seeing it perform.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:16   #440
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default

Wow,
The famous MM 1800 ISZ that never became famous!! I love this jeep for the fact that it was a modern petrol from Mahindra, came with 5 speed HMX gearbox, 4wd, NGCS chassis also had power steering as an option!

Bhois welcome to team bhp jeep section. Desperately need your reviews on this vehicle! Did you buy this vehicle new?
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:38   #441
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Wow

Wow I am hearing this first time.

540 with Petrol Engine, and all these elements which Vinod mentioned.

Does it still exists? Even 550? What are the other specs like engine , torque, tyre etc?

Bhois Interesting!!!! We come to Team BHP

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:47   #442
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Wow I am hearing this first time.

540 with Petrol Engine, and all these elements which Vinod mentioned.

Does it still exists? Even 550? What are the other specs like engine , torque, tyre etc?

Bhois Interesting!!!! We come to Team BHP

Tarkesh
No this jeep doesnt exist now. This jeep is a collectors item now just like MM440. Some how Mahindra has never been lucky with petrol engine in its MM540/550.

This was attempt to capture some share from growing dominance of Gypsy with armed forces and law enforcement agencies. As far as i know army has almost 50% of vehicle in the form of Gypsy as they need petrol power. Petrol power was sought after even by BSF guys in north east. Police force also was a big market. Most of the jeeps delivered served this area. I dont think MMISZ petrol never made it to army. This was an attempt to capture petrol market but never made it.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 8th September 2009 at 11:53. Reason: Famous but infamous
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:59   #443
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
No this jeep doesnt exist now. This jeep is a collectors item now just like MM440. Some how Mahindra has never been lucky with petrol engine in its MM540/550.

This was attempt to capture some share from growing dominance of Gypsy with armed forces and law enforcement agencies. As far as i know army has almost 50% of vehicle in the form of Gypsy as they need petrol power. Petrol power was sought after even by BSF guys in north east. Police force also was a big market. Most of the jeeps delivered served this area. I dont think MMISZ petrol never made it to army. This was an attempt to capture petrol market but never made it.
So SAD

Anyways, any specs like engine , torque, tyre etc

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 12:02   #444
BHPian
 
josepeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 415
Thanked: 546 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
beautiful pair there.

Does the blue one have a SPoA setup or is it the angle which makes it so?

Looking for more pictures of the two vehicles

Firoz
No SpoA on the blue; but it has BILSTEINs all around. More Pics..here you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
WHOA!!!! That's some awesome pair there.

I recognize Thomas 'es Jeep, is the orange one your's?
Unfortunately No. The Jeep belongs to a friend of mine; but after being part of the build; wouldn't mind having one myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Josepeter...thats a sexy pair !! Btw...the Coorg Wildlife stickers seem to be all the rage in Kerala !? Is the orange jeep yours ?
Nope NIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
the orange jeep looks cool. but it needs butch tyres. not on road tyres.
You are right 14000; but ironically my friend build this Jeep around those tyres! Those YOKOs were love at first sight and probably the reson for the build!
Attached Images
  
josepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 12:10   #445
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default MM ISZ specifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
So SAD

Anyways, any specs like engine , torque, tyre etc

Tarkesh
Best thing was this was a MPFI engine. Wish i could affoard jeeps then

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF MAHINDRA MM ISZ-PETROL SOFT TOP[/COLOR]
Engine SpecificationsEngine Petrol - electronic multipoint
Fuel Injection ISZ engineType 4-Stroke, 4 Cylinder Bore/Stroke 84 mm / 82 mm Cubic Capacity 1817 cc Maximum Horse Power 84 HP @ 5000 RPMMaximum Torque 14 kgm @ 3400 RPM (DIN 70020) Compression Ratio 8.5 : 1 Weight of Engine (Dry) 150 kg


General Specifications Clutch Type Single dry plate, diaphragm type Transmission MSG 5T, 5speed all synchromesh
1st gear 3.736 : 1
2nd gear 1.963 : 1
3rd gear 1.364 : 1
4th gear 1.000 : 1
5th gear 0.775 : 1
Reverse 3.900 : 1 Transfer Case 2 speed, single lever located on floor,
Ratio : High 1:1 ; Low 2.48 : 1 Front Axle 4WD - Full floating hypoid type
2WD - Dead tubular
Ratio : 4.88 : 1 Rear Axle Full floating hypoid type.
Ratio : 4.88 : 1WindshieldLaminated flat (Optional ventilating type)Steering Recirculated ball type with universal joint
Steering gear ratio : 20 : 1 to 23 :1
Optional power steering. Ratio : 18.2 : 1Turning Circle Radius 5.25 m. Brakes Service -

Hydraulic withfront disc & rear drum

Parking : Operates on rear service brakes.

Hand lever & cable type Suspension Semi-elliptical leaf type (NGCS)Wheels Rim size: 6J x 15
Tyres : P215 / 75R15, P235 / 75R15

Electrical System Battery :12 V / 75 AhInstruments Speedometer (kms./ hr.), temperature and fuel gauges. Voltmeter. Oil pressure gauge. Light
indicators for battery charging, oil pressure, parking brake, high beam and flasher. Hazard warning light.
Fuel Tank Capacity : 45 litres with electrical float unit .

Weights 6 seater 8 seater

GWV (2WD) 2000 2180
(4WD) 2000 2180
Kerb (2WD) 1230 1300

(4WD) 1310 1380

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 8th September 2009 at 12:16.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 16:14   #446
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,392
Thanked: 654 Times
Default

This is my friend, Prasha's Mahindra. everything is stock, it has 5fwd gear. It came in grey, he got it re-painted it recently.

Name:  09092009046 Medium.jpg
Views: 4079
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  09092009048 Medium.jpg
Views: 3867
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  09092009337 Medium.jpg
Views: 3793
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  09092009338 Medium.jpg
Views: 3764
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  09092009339 Medium.jpg
Views: 3755
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  09092009341 Medium.jpg
Views: 3792
Size:  73.4 KB

Last edited by SirAlec : 9th September 2009 at 16:16.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 10:26   #447
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhois View Post
MM 540 1800 ISZ petrol 4wd, still needs work on the number plate typography, it's been 9 years haven't gotten down to it!
hi guys, great being here.
i bought the jeep direct from mahindra in the year 2000, it looked awful at first, full of plastic cladding and ugly decals which i stripped completely. i owned a 540 diesel before this but that collapsed after about 12 years of hard use.
it drives like a dream, the electricals are a little iffy but nothing to sweat about.
i've had this 9 years now and what can i say, i love it!

engine: petrol 4ZBI - MPFI
Max HP: 84 @ 5000 rpm
Max Torque: 14.5 kg.m @ 3400 rpm
transmission: 5 speed 4wd

nb: the isz 1800 is the same engine that did service on the contessa and the ambassador.
ps: fuel averages are considered personal questions!
bhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 12:00   #448
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhois View Post
hi guys, great being here.
i bought the jeep direct from mahindra in the year 2000, it looked awful at first, full of plastic cladding and ugly decals which i stripped completely. i owned a 540 diesel before this but that collapsed after about 12 years of hard use.
it drives like a dream, the electricals are a little iffy but nothing to sweat about.
i've had this 9 years now and what can i say, i love it!

engine: petrol 4ZBI - MPFI
Max HP: 84 @ 5000 rpm
Max Torque: 14.5 kg.m @ 3400 rpm
transmission: 5 speed 4wd

nb: the isz 1800 is the same engine that did service on the contessa and the ambassador.
ps: fuel averages are considered personal questions!
Bhois,

The fuel average of this vehicle is no secret. It was pathetic in ambassador and even more in MMISZ this being a jeep and that too 4wd. I guess it averages 7-8 in city and 11-12 on highway at constant speed and light foot. Reduce 1 kmpl if you have a/c.

Great that you are enjoying petrol jeep for 9 long years! Iam glad you didnt switch to Diesel. Please post some off roading pics if you did some thing
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 12:03   #449
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default Wind in the hair experience

Guys pics with windshield down. Took about 15 mins to roll it down. Will have to modify a bit to reduce the time to 5 mins
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-060920091110.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-060920091111.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-060920091112.jpg  

vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 12:40   #450
BHPian
 
cadaver_prad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Here are some pics of my 540, planning to get it converted to 4wd soon.
Hope u guys like it..
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-picture-122.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-picture-125.jpg  

cadaver_prad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! GTO The Indian Car Scene 2619 23rd July 2017 19:58
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 26 27th March 2017 21:05
my new baby A 4X4 JEEP !!!(no specific model because its all mix and match) garrett_t16 4x4 Vehicles 147 28th November 2013 15:28
Jonga 4x4 or M&M Jeep CJ3B 4x4 gd1418 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 49 24th May 2013 13:57
All Team-BHP Fortuner Owners with Pics of their SUV Manuuj The Indian Car Scene 5 20th January 2010 13:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:33.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks