Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 19th May 2010, 11:04   #811
BHPian

Amtak,
I am sure its difficult to buy such machines, as they will not be there for sale, better re build depending on your need. When I bought this invader, it dint have any thing except for the engine and body.
And am sure mumbai will have better options to rebuild any machines.
Regards
Robinson
robinson.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 00:33   #812
BHPian

Hi, I have a Mahindra Bolero GLX that I bought in 2001. It came fitted with a Mico Alternator. The Car or MUV is superb. Ive clocked 2Lakhs on the Mile o' meter, had the engine overhauled at around 1,70,000 kms and the car is still as trust worthy as the first day that I bought it. I've posted some pictures of them below and in some other posts (yet another modified bolero). Of late for the Past 3 Years I have started having problems with my alternator and battery & the charing. The Bolero GLX used to come fitted with a Battrey Charging Meter (which I feel is very essential for all cars but I dont see any in the new cars or models of today) & the Charger level used to stay at a constant of 14 v or in between the 12v - 16 v mark without the AC & Lights on but now it shows only 12 v even when i rev up the engine, without the lights or the AC on & I cant even think of putting on the AC on coz then even my horn wont function!!!. I have been to every garage avilable in the state and even in West Bengal but the problem is still not detected. I have repaired the alternator almost a dozen times now & I have changed the Battery every year For the past 7 years but the problem still persisted. I now have a brand new alternator MICO installed & another new AMARON Battery Installed but the problem is still there. When i change either of the battery or the alternator replaced the problem is solved for about a day or two but after that it's back to square one. Even the garages & Electricians are so baffeled that they now tell me that its perfectly ok and that the car or alternator is functioning exactly the way it should be! I know that the problem is not solved as even my lights (that I had replaced) have become dimmer!! Is there anyone who can help me with this & Help me solve this problem? Other than this problem the car is still fine & I don't want to considering selling this car but I need to have the problem fixed. If anyone can help than I'd greatly apreciate it. thanks
innerkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:29   #813
BHPian

I Just realized that my Jeep was missing from this thread.

Its a Willys CJ3B 1955 Model.

Regards,
Kumar

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th June 2010 at 14:08. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
catchkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:15   #814
Awaiting Email Confirmation

im glad you contributed your rare beauty in this thread.

thats a gem you have there!

good work on it.
Muzungu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:43   #815
Senior - BHPian

catch kumar that a awesome jeep you've got. I have a similar kind of jeep and I am glad to have a similar one. Your jeep looks great and I could see its a 4wheel driven isn't it. What is the engine inside the hood. You also have a original jerry can that's one jem, tail lamps looks like originals or look alike from Taiwan. I am restoring jeep and would take another couple of months to finish hope to get it before monsoon starts. Out of curiosity by any chance was it brought or done up from Hyderabad (pls don't mind) as it looks more of Hyderabadi job.

Last edited by chanu : 23rd May 2010 at 00:53.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 08:16   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzungu View Post
im glad you contributed your rare beauty in this thread.

thats a gem you have there!

good work on it.
Thanks a lot Muzungu :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
catch kumar that a awesome jeep you've got. I have a similar kind of jeep and I am glad to have a similar one. Your jeep looks great and I could see its a 4wheel driven isn't it. What is the engine inside the hood. You also have a original jerry can that's one jem, tail lamps looks like originals or look alike from Taiwan. I am restoring jeep and would take another couple of months to finish hope to get it before monsoon starts. Out of curiosity by any chance was it brought or done up from Hyderabad (pls don't mind) as it looks more of Hyderabadi job.
Hi Chanu,
Thanks for your comments.
You are true it is a 4wd however the engine was changed by the previous owner to a PGO Diesel.
I bought this jeep from the previous owner who had picked it up from the Hyderabad Military campus & he claims there was no body work done however basis the chassis number & the model 1955 it seems to have been a high bonnet. Its mind over matter for me now & my heart says its an original low bonnet hope it is.
The Jerry can & all the fittings came along i.e. Spade Axe etc.
I have sourced a Gun Rack which is yet to go on the Jeep.
Wish you all the best for your restoration.

Regards,
Kumar
catchkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 15:22   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Hi All,
Just thought of sharing a few pictures of my Jeep Rattler which is a 1984 Mahindra CJ500D, 3 speed 4WD and a LWB jeep.
Rattler, I *love* the paint job on your jeep! More details please?
rohanarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 00:09   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchkumar View Post
Thanks a lot Muzungu :-)

Hi Chanu,
Thanks for your comments.
You are true it is a 4wd however the engine was changed by the previous owner to a PGO Diesel.
I bought this jeep from the previous owner who had picked it up from the Hyderabad Military campus & he claims there was no body work done however basis the chassis number & the model 1955 it seems to have been a high bonnet. Its mind over matter for me now & my heart says its an original low bonnet hope it is.
The Jerry can & all the fittings came along i.e. Spade Axe etc.
I have sourced a Gun Rack which is yet to go on the Jeep.
Wish you all the best for your restoration.

Regards,
Kumar
please don't take me wrong it is indeed a high bonnet. However its a hight bonnet but the quality of work done her is appreciatable only an expert eyes can trace the difference, I bet! Its all because the style storm which took off in Hyderabad and every where search begun for low bonnets (original) as they are very less and very expensive so people started converting Left hand, petrol driven Willys into low bonnet jeeps but now the trent is upside down there is a high demand for high bonnets esp for petrol driven at a point the petrol engines were scrapped but today the engine itself is sold for a very hefty price. One classic example a Ford petrol side valve engine at a scrap condition was purchased for 40k.

Your jeep has all what it takes to be a good low bonnet if your are still intrested in giving her a period look then you need to go for the broder head lamp rims, wind screen frame the lift up type, the front mesh is of a different type (i will post the pic next time i go to my denter) parking lamp (Glass type) and an antenna that's it.

I liked the phrase you used "Its mind over matter for me" that's exactly in my case (my jeep) but I call it a "practical jeep" 4 wheel drive, 3 speed original willys gear box however economical, low maintanence, reliable Puegot engine. I have all the fun what any other top notch/class jeep would give and am happy about it. Every day I am anxious and eager to have my jeep completed and come home.

Last edited by chanu : 28th May 2010 at 00:10.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 23:44   #819
h14
BHPian

Exclamation Willys CJ3B Hurricane

This Hurricane powered CJ3B was recently restored by my friend in Ooty. Awesome piece of machine...
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00344.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00345.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00342.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00343.jpg  

h14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 00:14   #820
h14
BHPian

Default Jeep CJ3B Isuzu G1

Our JEEP CJ3B powered by the ISUZU G1 with the ISUZU 4x4 'box
All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00333.jpg

with its trailor...

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00332.jpg
Old 5th June 2010, 00:14   #821
BHPian

Do you happen to know what size are the tires on the white one?
JeepMkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 00:21   #822
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMkd View Post
Do you happen to know what size are the tires on the white one?
Nor exactly sure. I believe they are 235/75 R15. I might be wrong, will confirm later.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:05   #823
Senior - BHPian

Looks like 215, I am sure they not 235.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 12:47   #824
BHPian

You don't get BFG AT's in 235 that easily... I'm pretty sure they're 215's too...
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 19:20   #825
BHPian

Default my 1999 mm 550

My disposal 1999 mm550
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00265.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00266.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00267.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00263.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!-dsc00264.jpg  

davids4x4mm550 is offline   Reply With Quote