Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 17:59   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

dumb koshun:

How do you plan to ensure the 3B doesn't decay in the interim while vitamin M is fueled up post 550's restoration?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 18:57   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
dumb koshun:

How do you plan to ensure the 3B doesn't decay in the interim while vitamin M is fueled up post 550's restoration?
I have covered it up with an old car cover of my accent and tightly tied it up from the center, front and back. Also I will try to open it up every 15 days or so and tell the drivers to clean it up completely, Not wash but clean it with a damp cloth.
I think this should be OK and the vehicle should not decay this way??
Attached Images
  
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 09:24   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Harjeev, the way you have ignited the minds of people around India on ex-army jeeps, I can imagine very soon you are going to have a title against your name 'Mayapuri army disposals consultant'. And yeah, you will definitely see a new thread from me very soon.
-Best regards,
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 21:35   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Harjeev, the way you have ignited the minds of people around India on ex-army jeeps, I can imagine very soon you are going to have a title against your name 'Mayapuri army disposals consultant'. And yeah, you will definitely see a new thread from me very soon.
-Best regards,
Hey thats a nice one

BTW I was just wondering the 440 I saw at Jasvinder's workshop why did you put in an Isuzu engine & gearbox when it already came with a petrol engine and 4x4 transfer case?
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 22:01   #35
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 885
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Hi Harjeev,


Looking at the way ur jeep is going on is really encouraging. By the were are you getting your jeep built, is it in delhi or somewhere else. Seems they are doing really nice job n its coming out too good.

The cost of rebuilt is high, actually more than even i thought off. My budget is not more than 1.5 all inclusive, is that enough?

post latest pictures please.

cheers - kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 22:24   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Harjeev,


Looking at the way ur jeep is going on is really encouraging. By the were are you getting your jeep built, is it in delhi or somewhere else. Seems they are doing really nice job n its coming out too good.

The cost of rebuilt is high, actually more than even i thought off. My budget is not more than 1.5 all inclusive, is that enough?

post latest pictures please.

cheers - kailash
Hi kailash
Thanks. All the work is being done by my cousin. The MM50 is being restored in Greater Noida. It is about 60kms from my house. you can find all about it on this thread MM550

Also did you get the links that I sent you ad you never called??
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 02:08   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Dont you have a covered parking to store the Jeep? Somehow parking it in the open with just the cover wont help.

While the guys are cleaning would it be difficult to take her for a spin once in 15 days? I think that would keep the Jeep healthier for long.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 00:22   #38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Harjeev,

Congrats on your second purchase. Man you have all the luck. I am looking for an army spec jeep too but never found one. Had PMed randeep for more mayapuri jeeps and he said there should be a new lot coming in Jan hence waiting for my turn.

But if you can help me find one I will be really grateful to you.

Regards,
Kailash
Hi, sorry for the butting in but of late have been spending more time at the Mayapuri market than hanging with the girl. Anyway, the gentleman at Padam motors told me, they're having a new lot coming in on Monday

K
Kabeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:01   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Dont you have a covered parking to store the Jeep? Somehow parking it in the open with just the cover wont help.

While the guys are cleaning would it be difficult to take her for a spin once in 15 days? I think that would keep the Jeep healthier for long.
I dont have have a covered parking. And also the jeep is not in drivable condition and i had to tow it to my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer View Post
Hi, sorry for the butting in but of late have been spending more time at the Mayapuri market than hanging with the girl. Anyway, the gentleman at Padam motors told me, they're having a new lot coming in on Monday

K
Yeah I went there yesterday as well and he says that a new lot is expected next week
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 17:51   #40
BHPian
 
randeep04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Hi Harjeev,

You picked up a Cj3B also. Thats neat man. Keep the seats original. These Jeeps look amazing.

Cheers !!!!!!
randeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2009, 18:23   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Harjeev,

You picked up a Cj3B also. Thats neat man. Keep the seats original. These Jeeps look amazing.

Cheers !!!!!!

Yeah Randeep that right!!
Yeah these seats are crap and would be swapping them for the original ones. I have attached the link of the final product that I have in mind
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 14:30   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 304
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

@ Harjeev - Can you provide me with the details of the petrol engine in your 3b. Is it the 1.8 lt isuzu that used to come in ambys? Are the spare parts easily available to overhaul it? What would be a tentaive cost to overhaul this engine + gearbox + clutch. Any idea?

cheers
vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,041
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
@ Harjeev - Can you provide me with the details of the petrol engine in your 3b. Is it the 1.8 lt isuzu that used to come in ambys?
The 3b in all probability will be having the stock hurricane petrol engine.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 17:33   #44
BHPian
 
prabhuav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 670
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

It is raining jeeps for you man.. Have fun.
prabhuav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 20:29   #45
BHPian
 
Tusker4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New delhi
Posts: 190
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Yeah Randeep that right!!
Yeah these seats are crap and would be swapping them for the original ones. I have attached the link of the final product that I have in mind
Hi Harjeev Congrats When do we see your new Jeep... Regds... Amit (NIOC)
Tusker4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Jeep Bride - Mahindra Willys Petrol CJ4A ( CJ3B sibling ) - Ground up restoration abheekg 4x4 Vehicles 68 9th September 2016 11:49
Our 'new' 1972 Mahindra CJ3B 4WD Spyder 4x4 Vehicles 39 4th September 2013 20:51
Mahindra (Kaiser) CJ3B RHD 1969 Petrol power trammway 4x4 Vehicles 68 10th August 2010 22:09
whats better than an original cj3b?? two original cj3b's. 0333 4x4 Vehicles 33 5th March 2009 11:15
Mahindra CJ3B for sale headers Shifting gears 2 25th April 2007 18:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks