Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 11th February 2009, 17:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
Sir,
The Dodge WC series were powered by a 6 cylinder 3.7 litre side valve engine.

Cheers
Oops stand corrected sir. Silly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post

This is a WC52, notice the bumper extension for the PTO Winch.

The Power Wagon Lettering has been added.

Regards,

Arka
Thanks for confirming Arka. that confirmed my finding also as posted by me earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thats a Dodge, not a Nissan. Its a Dodge Power Wagon, hence the power written, the wagon seems to have fallen off. Its also got Naga Land Plates?

But the Dodge Power Wagon was only available as civilian, The Military version was called the Dodge M37 WC, (for Weapons-Carrier) but IMHO it never came with the power wagon monogram. This one looks like a Military WC52 It also looks like the brute Military Version but with the monogram. Maybe the export version came with the monogram and was not called the WC as that might have been country specific.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 17:53   #32
BHPian

I checked it out and came to know that this has already been bought and advance paid. It would be undergoing the knifes soon. I will try and speak to the manager of workshop if I can produce the finished vehicle pics over here!
rhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 00:30   #33

Default seyit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
While taking a stroll in Noida's sector 2, I noticed this jeep. Of course it is in dilapidated condition and is being used as storage area by a local tea vendor. The vehicle carries Nagaland's number.

Looking at this I remembered Arka's 1ton Nissan project.

This is LHD, with Power written on bonnet on bonnet, towards driver's side.

The vehicle's height is pretty impressive, chk the pic where a cycle wala drives past it.

I am sure 4x4 gurus over here would definitely recognize it. My bet it on Nissan!
It's a WW2 era Dodge WC 52.The remaining letters have been imported from a Dodge Power Wagon which is the civillian version manufactured after the War and continued up to 1968.The tailgate is not original.
When restored to the original condition it would be a rig of about some $ 40.000 in the US.
seyit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 05:17   #34
BHPian

Great vechile. Any idea of the cost? Speaking of the cost of this vechile after this is done up in US. A Ford GPA will fetch you 90,000$ plus
mathewJ is offline   Reply With Quote