Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 13:19   #211
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

Dr Abheek,

Whats the update Sir, can we have some pics of what you picked up.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 17:55   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 618 Times
Default

any one has any contacts in jodhpur i can get in touch with for help? i'm in jodhpur until friday evening and see tons of gypsies plying on the roads. I was looking for an mpfi gypsy and had found one in pune until the deal fell thru. The owner fell in love with his vehicle all over again so refused to sell it. So my hunt is still on. I would like to use my time in jodhpur to look one up if possible.
Thanks!
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 08:54   #213
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,358
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Dr Abheek

Any updates on the auction
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 18:19   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 1,097 Times
Default

Dr Ghosh, any updates. We spoke just before the auction, and this one you promised this one would be a cracker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Abheek,
Any updates?

OT: Had a question. If I buy an Army Auction Gypsy, can I get it registered in Mumbai bcos the Army auction vehicle would not be BSIV compliant?
Nope you can't. You have to get the car registered at some non-metro location. In fact, even before BS IV became applicable this year, you had to do the same!
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 07:23   #215
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,358
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

hi guys though this topic has been discussed earlier ,has anyone got the idea on how to register the army auctioned vehicles?

does it get registered in the auctioned company name and get transferred to owner or is it directly registered on the owner.>?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 16:15   #216
BHPian
 
abheekg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 685
Thanked: 172 Times
Default delayed update....

Sorry guys for the lack of updates ovr the last month. Had been neck deep in work. We were all set for the 16th auctions and had done all the homework but we failed to pick anything up on that day as we bid very low on the vehices and the vehicles got sold to other bidders. Since we were not in a hurry or desperate for the vehicles we have decided to do this slow but steady and get them at a price which is lower than the prices at mayapuri and lower than what i had spent the last time around.

There are a lot of auctions happening alll over the country. Watch out for more updates. In the meanwhile let me know who else wants to team up .

Oh, and by the way, we have an mstc registration with us now and we have the liberty of checking out any auction that we are interested in anywhere in the country.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
09960332228
abheekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 23:32   #217
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
hi guys though this topic has been discussed earlier ,has anyone got the idea on how to register the army auctioned vehicles?

does it get registered in the auctioned company name and get transferred to owner or is it directly registered on the owner.>?
first the registration is done on the auctioned company's name and then transfered to the owner..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 09:14   #218
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,358
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy1313 View Post
first the registration is done on the auctioned company's name and then transfered to the owner..
Hi Jassy thanks for that info.Hows your jeep proceeding
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 16:27   #219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 53
Thanked: 0 Times
Default can a 98 gypsy be a gypsy king?

hi experts,
there are some gypsys up for auctions in delhi. am going to check out one of them. the details i know already is that this gypsy is a 1998 model. i always was under the impression that that the kings came out only towards the end of 1999. but one of my friends who went to see it says it has 5+1 gears and has 4X4. is it possible that this is a gypsy king? how does one figure out if its a king or a 410? please let me know. also, have asked a friend to get me a pic of the engine. will upload the moment i have it.
thanks
driving always! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 17:19   #220
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving always! View Post
hi experts,
there are some gypsys up for auctions in delhi. am going to check out one of them. the details i know already is that this gypsy is a 1998 model. i always was under the impression that that the kings came out only towards the end of 1999. but one of my friends who went to see it says it has 5+1 gears and has 4X4. is it possible that this is a gypsy king? how does one figure out if its a king or a 410? please let me know. also, have asked a friend to get me a pic of the engine. will upload the moment i have it.
thanks
AFAIK, the visible indications for a King is the "Raised hood" and the front grill and the wide track(which could also be a 410W or 413). As you say its a 1998 model, I believe its a 410 or a 413 but not a king. (Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong). Could've been that he has mated a 5speed to the engine.
ahwajid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 20:43   #221
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Hi guys,
This is for all the Jeep lovers especially MM550.. There is a guy names Jasbir Singh a.k.a Toto who purchases the Jeeps from the auction and sells them and even Modifies/restores them on demand.. Even I have purchased the Jeep from him and getting modified from him.. You can refer to my thread to see the quality of the work performed..
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (My Monster(MM) 550)

I am also posting my modifier's details:
Name-Jasbir Singh (Toto)..
Address- D III Block, plot no. 22, M.I.D.C., Chinchwad, Pune - 411 019.
mobile- 09890023131
email- jwalaauto@gmail.com
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 20:44   #222
BHPian
 
Jassy1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 278
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Jassy thanks for that info.Hows your jeep proceeding
welcome.. and ya my jeep has gone for the painting process today.. will upload the pics soon..
Jassy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 22:45   #223
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,103
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

There is a lot of of Gypsies and Jeep alongside Tatra's and other trucks waiting to be auctioned at Patiala Army cantonment. Few gypsies seem to be of newer model and good condition.

Sorry I am not local so could not get much info on place and time of auction.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 23:51   #224
BHPian
 
Zorro4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
AFAIK, the visible indications for a King is the "Raised hood" and the front grill and the wide track(which could also be a 410W or 413). As you say its a 1998 model, I believe its a 410 or a 413 but not a king. (Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong). Could've been that he has mated a 5speed to the engine.

Gypsy King (aka MG413W) was introduced in 1996. So if its a 1998 model, then it definitely is a King, but a carb King. MPFI Kings were launced post 2000.

Regards,
Zorro4X4
Zorro4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 00:37   #225
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 119
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro4X4 View Post
Gypsy King (aka MG413W) was introduced in 1996. So if its a 1998 model, then it definitely is a King, but a carb King. MPFI Kings were launced post 2000.

Regards,
Zorro4X4
MG410W was still in production till 2000 along with MG413W (carb king). So a 1998 gypsy can either be a MG410w or a Carb king.
tharakan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For all those looking for MM550 Army Jeeps Randhawa 4x4 Vehicles 164 29th December 2015 14:57
MM550 Army 4x4 Jeeps 4x4addict 4x4 Vehicles 50 21st August 2014 14:57
TATA 407 4x4, is it available through army auctions? Parm 4x4 Vehicles 25 27th July 2011 00:15
MAYAPURI Jeeps - Radiation leak in army disposal market fazalaliadil Shifting gears 21 30th April 2010 19:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks