Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 21st April 2009, 20:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
5 speed BA10's are only between 18K and 24K down south. It is the 5 speed gearboxes with the Borg Warner transfer case that are extremely difficult to find.
There are a couple of BA-10's available with borg warner X cases in Hyd. Anyone interested let me know, I can possibly help you source them.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
There are a couple of BA-10's available with borg warner X cases in Hyd. Anyone interested let me know, I can possibly help you source them.
Fazal Bhai, i am very much interested in the gearbox, If you could let me know the asking price.Would really appreciate.

Regards,

Fahad
Jeepfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfreak View Post
Fazal Bhai, i am very much interested in the gearbox, If you could let me know the asking price.Would really appreciate.

Regards,

Fahad
Fahad,
Presently I am in Nasik, will be back in Hyderabad on 27th april. I will be able to give you an update on availibility and cost.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 21:29   #19
BHPian

Default Re: Where to source NGT520 4x4 gearbox

Hi All,

Forgot to update my own thread.. and now since i am again on a look out for a 5 speed 4 wd GB i thought this is the best place to take advise.

So the story so far:
  1. Jeep is completed and is on road for the last 6-8 months
  2. DI Turbo runs like a dream " what a beast, both on road as well as off road"
  3. Bolero leaf springs .. i feel i am travelling in a scorpio .. ok i am lying but from a jeep standard its very very comfortable.
  4. Steering box (Rane) from a pick up mahindra .. very light but compared to the old the take an extra half rotation.
  5. Disc brakes i feel a lot more comfortable at high speeds
  6. 4 speed GB very smooth in city driving, on highways and at high speeds engine screams
Overall i am very happy, but i am still considering upgrading the GB to NGT520 .. so if anybody is there to help me out. please ... my hard drive has crashed, will click some new pics and post pictures.

Also, i am planning to change the exhaust notes .. can the Guru please advise how will it sound if i just keep the first small exhaust can and do away with the big one .. will it become louder. even i my other jeep that has a Gypsy king engine i have headers and free flow so noise is not a concern .. any other suggestions are welcome
Old 9th February 2012, 22:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

@jeepfreak:

NGT520 is too long for a CJ3B. Your prop rear prop shaft will be too short causing problems. Stick to KMT90.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 16:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@jeepfreak:

NGT520 is too long for a CJ3B. Your prop rear prop shaft will be too short causing problems. Stick to KMT90.
Sadly its no longer a cj3b i have put a longer chasis of cj500 in it. The whole idea was to accomodate this engine and a 5 speed GB. my hard drive crashed so dont have any new pics. will share soon.

Regards,

Fahad