Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 12:37   #136
BHPian
 
Gypsy-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 298
Thanked: 8 Times
Default


Standing ovation for a job well done!!!
Hoping to see it in person once it is in Bangalore

Cheers
GB
Gypsy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 13:01   #137
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,491
Thanked: 6,768 Times
Default

Love it a great restoration job, get the mechanicals fixed and you are ready for offroad. Try for aluminum sheet for the foot well, easy to maintain and clean.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 13:36   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Krishna

Wonderful job on your Gypsy and its quite a looker in this Red/black avtaar with those Alloys/tyres.

Only part a bit subdued is the Front which i am sure will look much much better once you install Hella Rallye Lights.

Good going mate

cheers
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 14:23   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: coorg/bombay
Posts: 317
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

very very neat krishna!!! except for the choice of alloys but thats just a matter of taste. Btw is this mandovi on the hunsur road?
howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 14:34   #140
BHPian
 
GoSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 507
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Great Job Krishna. Good to see people reviving old gypsies and restoring them to their previous glory. Well, yours looks much better that it did when it came out of the showroom. Good work buddy!

What wing mirrors are you using (from which vehicle)?

cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 16:26   #141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 54
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

krishna congratulations. awesome restoration job. after the fitting of Hella lights it will look even more good. get the IND number plates fixed. if its not yet done i think front should have the smaller 2 lines (2 wheeler's rear side) IND number plate fixed on one side left or right and the regular style at the rear the big one. the alloys go well with gypsy. happy driving.
arbind85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 16:33   #142
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

hey Krishna, Thats a real stunner, and i feel it would look more sporty and rugged without the soft top ( I mean completely open ). Just used to love Gypsy that way. I know is not possible to keep it like that in India. But just would love to see it once like that.

Its a real neat paint job indeed and the complete package looks awesome.

If you get a chance, please post a pic without the soft top.

Cheers
Sri
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 17:03   #143
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Congrats on a wonderful execution here Krishna. Must admire your patience & enthu. So I get to see it first when you bring it to Bangalore. Right? Do call me when you bring it here. Congrats again. Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 21:25   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default

Hi Krishna, a very tastefully done work. Looks too good. Hope we can see it on bangalore roads once a while, I would not miss spotting it with the last picture you have posted. This thread is begging for more photos in different angles. Please do that ! Enjoy your ride to the fullest !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 09:48   #145
BHPian
 
Hemanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mysore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Nice work and verty good execution of workmanship. Hope to catch up with you at Mysore maybe this weekend.
Hemanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:10   #146
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,177
Thanked: 3,278 Times
Default

The gypsy is looking awesome, one of the best gypsies I have seen. Waiting for the rest of the pics after the job is completed.
BlackPearl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:19   #147
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Krishna

You are being Overhauled !!!!
Red indeed shows your pasion for the the Gypsy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Krishna,

The Gypsy looks stunning. The Red and Black combo give it a "dont mess with me" attitude.

Waiting for more pics from your end.

Cheers !!!!!!

Randeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Hi Krishna,
Your Gypsy indeed looks awesome, couldn't have expected more. The tyres and alloys goes perfect with the tone of the vehicle.

Waiting for final pics to arrive.

Amar
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Congrats Krishna. Your Gypsy looks killer mate!! Very very nicely done up and documented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Krishnatantri,

Your machine looks great. Colour combinations are amazing. Would love to see it when in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Missed this earlier but just went through the thread.......... Great work!!

Lot of effort and vitamin M gone into the project, showing in the end result
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-jay View Post
Way to go Buddy,

it looks awesom.

Once the lights are on it will look killer.

Where you getting the soft top done. How much does it add up to? What about the frame for the soft top did you get t done or picked it up from some where.

We should catchup some time. Need to see your ride up front.

Cheers
Aj
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
The gypsy's turned out to be a real stunner! Congratulations! The passion red gypsy with black top, and white lettering on the tyres look too good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
The gypsy is looking really good in that kind of combo. How much you paid for the tyres and alloys?
-regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Krishna
Congratulations!
Looking cool! Really like the Red / Black combo. Can we have some interior views also in addition to the finished pictures?
Thanks Everybody.

Ajay: Am going for half soft top not full. It costing me 1600Rs with installation. I am getting it done in mysore only.

Last edited by krishnathanthri : 30th June 2009 at 10:21.
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:38   #148
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post

Standing ovation for a job well done!!!
Hoping to see it in person once it is in Bangalore

Cheers
GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Love it a great restoration job, get the mechanicals fixed and you are ready for offroad. Try for aluminum sheet for the foot well, easy to maintain and clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Krishna

Wonderful job on your Gypsy and its quite a looker in this Red/black avtaar with those Alloys/tyres.

Only part a bit subdued is the Front which i am sure will look much much better once you install Hella Rallye Lights.

Good going mate

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
very very neat krishna!!! except for the choice of alloys but thats just a matter of taste. Btw is this mandovi on the hunsur road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Great Job Krishna. Good to see people reviving old gypsies and restoring them to their previous glory. Well, yours looks much better that it did when it came out of the showroom. Good work buddy!

What wing mirrors are you using (from which vehicle)?

cheers
Ankit
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbind85 View Post
krishna congratulations. awesome restoration job. after the fitting of Hella lights it will look even more good. get the IND number plates fixed. if its not yet done i think front should have the smaller 2 lines (2 wheeler's rear side) IND number plate fixed on one side left or right and the regular style at the rear the big one. the alloys go well with gypsy. happy driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
hey Krishna, Thats a real stunner, and i feel it would look more sporty and rugged without the soft top ( I mean completely open ). Just used to love Gypsy that way. I know is not possible to keep it like that in India. But just would love to see it once like that.

Its a real neat paint job indeed and the complete package looks awesome.

If you get a chance, please post a pic without the soft top.

Cheers
Sri
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Congrats on a wonderful execution here Krishna. Must admire your patience & enthu. So I get to see it first when you bring it to Bangalore. Right? Do call me when you bring it here. Congrats again. Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hi Krishna, a very tastefully done work. Looks too good. Hope we can see it on bangalore roads once a while, I would not miss spotting it with the last picture you have posted. This thread is begging for more photos in different angles. Please do that ! Enjoy your ride to the fullest !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
Nice work and verty good execution of workmanship. Hope to catch up with you at Mysore maybe this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The gypsy is looking awesome, one of the best gypsies I have seen. Waiting for the rest of the pics after the job is completed.
thanks everybody.

arbind85: I have the number plates with me ready. I will fit it this weekend. Anyways Thanks.

khan_sultan: Yes you will be the first to see it here in blore.

Hemanth: PM if you are in mysroe this weekend.

shajufx: I Have planned for a nice photo shoot this weekend. I will post it this weekend.

BlackPea Thanks dude.

srikant: I shall try that too sir.

GoSlow: Thanks bro. Am not sure which mirror are those. It was there when i bought the Gypsy.

howler: No sir, its the Siddhartha layout one.

Jaggu: Am going for Rubber mates sir. Removable and washable.

Gypsy-Boy: sure will meet up someday.
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:39   #149
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

krishnathantri-beautiful job dude,nothing overdone,congrats.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 18:00   #150
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
krishnathantri-beautiful job dude,nothing overdone,congrats.
Thanks desigNation. Watch out for more pic's soon.
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2lac+ kilometers m800 engine rebuild project. SirAlec Modifications & Accessories 75 24th June 2013 17:36
My Gypsy rebuild - Stage 2 Anil Vincent 4x4 Vehicles 122 21st April 2011 11:43
My Gypsy Rebuild - Bushranger Ashish B 4x4 Vehicles 69 20th October 2010 08:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks