Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 3rd June 2009, 14:00   #31
BHPian

Hi Amar - great going. Congrats on the purchase. The gypsy is a great vehicle and you will love it once its done!!

Really like the incline meters that you have ourchased. I wanted to get some like that too but have been to busy to go out and look for them!!

The Lighforce will look excellent, not sure about the 265 though. What is your plan to fit them. They will not be a straight fir. Some major mods will be required.

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi Amar - great going. Congrats on the purchase. The gypsy is a great vehicle and you will love it once its done!!

Really like the incline meters that you have ourchased. I wanted to get some like that too but have been to busy to go out and look for them!!

The Lighforce will look excellent, not sure about the 265 though. What is your plan to fit them. They will not be a straight fir. Some major mods will be required.

Cheers
Ankit
Hi Choudhary Sahib
Planning do do anything about your tyres? I think that the tyres are the only lacking issue in you Gypsy. Otherwise its a great preformer.
What happened about those Michelin LTX that you were thinking of buying???
harjeev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 17:58   #33
Team-BHP Support

Amar, That's a nice Gypsy you have managed to get for yourself at a reasonable price point. Should keep your parents busy for the next few months :-)

Best of luck & wishes for the restoration and judging by the looks of it, there is not much required except normal/routine work.

Enjoy the experience of remotely restring the Gypsy mate.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:47   #34

Hi Amar,
How come the Gypsy looks like it is having power steering?
furioussenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussenna View Post
Hi Amar,
How come the Gypsy looks like it is having power steering?
Because it does have a power steering. It was a custom install from padam motors in Mayapuri. Costed 7.5k
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post

Cheers
Ankit

Hi Ankit,
If it will require mods to the suspension then i won't be go with 265's, may settle with 235's(except if 1" spacers does the trick).

The paint job has already started on the gypsy, initially i opted for white colour but i am confused regarding the colour(the issue with white is that it looks more of an official vehicle and not a personal one).

I have to make my mind in next 2 days
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Graphite grey (pearl metallic) ? However if you want white go with white. There are lots of shades in white, to name a few : arctic white, pearl white, diamond white (this is my current favourite white), choosing a different shade will differentiate your vehicle from the usual sarkari white shade and marutis superior white. The lights, alloys etc will also help set it apart from official vehicles as well.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:36   #38
BHPian

Satnam,
Is Graphite grey, same colour as the gypsy that was modded by autopsyche.
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Today i went to U.S to get the lightforce lights, was on 2 hours bunk from office(college time habits rarely go). They are really awesome, the weight is 1/4 the weight of Pro-Comp lights .
Amar,
I have seen these light force in action on highway driving, if they are 9" you will be more than suprised when you see their bright beam for a mile, nice buy, expensive but every penny worth it. A pair costs about 30 thousand here.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 22:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Satnam,
Is Graphite grey, same colour as the gypsy that was modded by autopsyche.
I was going to suggest exactly that(rmonie gypsy's) color. Please try if you can get the exact shade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...verhauled.html (Gypsy - Overhauled!!)
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yes that would be similar to the autopsyche gypo.

(Lotus) Graphite Grey

Name:  graphgrey.jpg
Views: 2784
Size:  68.8 KB

(Hummer) Graphite metallic

Name:  graphitemet.jpg
Views: 2914
Size:  38.0 KB

Lago Grey (Land Rover) also looks nice.

Name:  lago.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  31.0 KB

They should be able to get them mixed up at one of those dupont places.

Last edited by bigman : 3rd June 2009 at 23:36.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Amar,
I have seen these light force in action on highway driving, if they are 9" you will be more than suprised when you see their bright beam for a mile, nice buy, expensive but every penny worth it. A pair costs about 30 thousand here.
Regards,
Well yesterday i hooked these lights on my car with jumper cables just to see the brightness and test if both were working. Yes, there performance is indeed good.
Old 4th June 2009, 11:18   #43
BHPian

Satnam thanks for the pictures.

I have few questions:

1) Do i have to change the colour of vehicle and then do the RC work so that RC shows the same colour as on the vehicle?
2)Is there a law that you cannot colour the vehicle different from what is on RC of the vehicle?
Old 4th June 2009, 13:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Amar,

When we got our RC made I phoned up my cousin in India to ask whether there was a color on the RC and he said it was not mentioned. He phoned the dealer up who said for army auction vehicles they do not put color on the RC and you are free to paint it whatever color you want. Check with the guy who is arranging the RC work though to make sure.

Last edited by bigman : 4th June 2009 at 13:27.
Old 4th June 2009, 14:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ankit,
If it will require mods to the suspension then i won't be go with 265's, may settle with 235's(except if 1" spacers does the trick).

The paint job has already started on the gypsy, initially i opted for white colour but i am confused regarding the colour(the issue with white is that it looks more of an official vehicle and not a personal one).

I have to make my mind in next 2 days
Hi Amam - I think 235 would be a more sensible choice. You will still need spacers/ negetive offset rims. There are a lot of colours you can go for but Mettalic Grey is one of the good choices for a dark shade and Pale yellow for light shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Choudhary Sahib
Planning do do anything about your tyres? I think that the tyres are the only lacking issue in you Gypsy. Otherwise its a great preformer.
What happened about those Michelin LTX that you were thinking of buying???
Harjeev Bro - One generous NIOC memeber is donating is brand new orignal Gypsy tyres to me. You can guess who! I dont have any money to spend on the Gypsy right now.
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote