Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:26   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Harjeev,
Actually the guy who is working on the paper work of Gypsy is cousin of ADC Ludhiana, so doesn't know the exact cost. Till now we paid around Rs.5000(registration) + 1500 for getting persoanlized number "2021". That guy just called me and told me that he had booked the number after the auction on the new series in ludhiana "PB-10 CM". Actually the number "PB-10 CM 0001" was auctioned for Rs. 5 lakh + .
Will keep you posted about the actual cost as the registration process has not completely finished.

Amar
Thanks for the info amar!!!
If you could do me a small favor. Can you ask your guy if its possible to change the a registration of my CJ3B from Zira PB47B XXXX to Ludhiana PB10 XX XXXX. I want to do this as PB 47's are clearly visible as Army disposals. Also as to approx how muc would it cost as the vehicle is already reggistered and the road tax is already paid.
Where as address proof is concerned I have an office in Ludhiana so that wont be an issue.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 07:55   #77
BHPian
 
Amar82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 290
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thanks for the info amar!!!
If you could do me a small favor. Can you ask your guy if its possible to change the a registration of my CJ3B from Zira PB47B XXXX to Ludhiana PB10 XX XXXX. I want to do this as PB 47's are clearly visible as Army disposals. Also as to approx how muc would it cost as the vehicle is already reggistered and the road tax is already paid.
Where as address proof is concerned I have an office in Ludhiana so that wont be an issue.
Harjeev,
The is no way that you can switch numbers on the same car. Once the number has been issued it stays with that car until it meets an accident and the car is scraped off and if you want to retain the old number with the new that you buy(you just have to get a NOC document from RTO office). But you cannot orpan Zira number and get a brand new Ludhiana number on the same vehicle.
If that was true i would have done it for my Endeavour as i have to get PB-08 number because i couldn't get 2021 number in PB-10 series at that time.
Anyways even i am facing issues while registering because the clerk told that he has never done this thing before so taking a bit longer.

Amar
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 09:49   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Thanks for the reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Harjeev,
The is no way that you can switch numbers on the same car. Once the number has been issued it stays with that car until it meets an accident and the car is scraped off
I dont think that the above is completely true. You see another Teambhpian firoz FK7 here bought his MM550 from mayapuri and got it registered in Zira.
But as he belongs to Callcut he also got an NOC from the Zira authority favoring the Calicut registrar. He intended to get it registered this way. I am not aware with the current status.

Quote:
and if you want to retain the old number with the new that you buy(you just have to get a NOC document from RTO office). But you cannot orpan Zira number and get a brand new Ludhiana number on the same vehicle.
If that was true i would have done it for my Endeavour as i have to get PB-08 number because i couldn't get 2021 number in PB-10 series at that time.
Anyways even i am facing issues while registering because the clerk told that he has never done this thing before so taking a bit longer.

Amar
What I agree with you is that its now not possible to transfer an existing number to a new vehicle. This was earlier allowed but now is not possible as they have changed the rules.

You see my cousin who was earlier in Mumbai had bought his Accent there. Now his company has transferred him to Delhi and he now has a Delhi registration on the same old vehicle.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:24   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
jeepster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MH24 aka LATUR
Posts: 1,521
Thanked: 941 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
if its possible to change the a registration of my CJ3B from Zira PB47B XXXX to Ludhiana PB10 XX XXXX.
hi guys,

in Maharashtra it is not possible to change the number in maharashtra like
MH 24 X XXXX to MH 01 XX XXXX or MH 12 X XXXX.

one can get new number only when one changes the registration from state to state like we have bought HMT-5911 tractor from karnataka which had no. KA 38 XXX now it has MH 24 D XXXX.

i hope it will help you.

(if you want new number first change the state & get new number , after some time again transfer to your state with any number you want.
it is long way round & expensive)

Last edited by jeepster : 23rd June 2009 at 10:29.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:31   #80
BHPian
 
Amar82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 290
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

I dont think that the above is completely true. You see another Teambhpian firoz FK7 here bought his MM550 from mayapuri and got it registered in Zira.
But as he belongs to Callcut he also got an NOC from the Zira authority favoring the Calicut registrar. He intended to get it registered this way. I am not aware with the current status.
Harjeev,
If its true then we can both do the same thing, I will do it for my endeavour and you can get it for your 3B. I will ask the guy soon.

Amar
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 10:40   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Guys some of the examples you have stated are to different states whilst what you want to do is intrastate. It is feasible say for me to get my Jeep registered with a Haryana plate but not sure about swapping one PB plate for another area PB plate.

Amar,

How things going with your rebuild? Has the painting started? Also any progress on the AC front?

Last edited by bigman : 23rd June 2009 at 10:41.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:23   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hi guys,

in Maharashtra it is not possible to change the number in maharashtra like
MH 24 X XXXX to MH 01 XX XXXX or MH 12 X XXXX.

one can get new number only when one changes the registration from state to state like we have bought HMT-5911 tractor from karnataka which had no. KA 38 XXX now it has MH 24 D XXXX.

i hope it will help you.

(if you want new number first change the state & get new number , after some time again transfer to your state with any number you want.
it is long way round & expensive)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Harjeev,
If its true then we can both do the same thing, I will do it for my endeavour and you can get it for your 3B. I will ask the guy soon.

Amar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Guys some of the examples you have stated are to different states whilst what you want to do is intrastate. It is feasible say for me to get my Jeep registered with a Haryana plate but not sure about swapping one PB plate for another area PB plate.

Amar,

How things going with your rebuild? Has the painting started? Also any progress on the AC front?
Yeah I think jeepster is right. Whatever number transfer cases I have seen are the interstate and not intrastate. Further as Zira is just 60-70 kms from Ludhiana, they might not even entertain us.
I will try an inter state though, but again it is not top priority.
Thanks everybody!!!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:37   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

Congrats for your Gypsy Amar, you have mentioned Power steer for 7k. Could you please provide some details on this.
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:01   #84
BHPian
 
Amar82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 290
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
How things going with your rebuild? Has the painting started? Also any progress on the AC front?
Hey Satnam,
Things are going very well but a bit slow, actually after talking to Mandeep, he pointed out that you should go for a paint booth and after listening to his comments i talked to my Veerji(who owns the garage) and he went to the paint person and stopped the job when i was very close to first coat. He just paid the guy for denting and now the gypsy has been to a paint booth. Even i am not in hurry so i am ok with it.

So the painting will start in next one or 2 days. As far as AC work is concerned i have to wait untill all the rest of things are finished. I am hoping that there is still a month of work left on Gypsy. Here is the list of things that are still on plate:

1) 1 week for the paint job to finish.
2)All the parts will be ordered on demand basis and if the part is not readily avaiable , turn around time is coated as 4 days. Which i am hopin will take another 1.5 weeks.
3) Gyspy will be sent to Moga for Seat covers ,exhaust , roof top ,accessories. Will take another week.
4)AC/ music system setup another 2-3 days
4) 3-4 days of dry run by veerji for any problems.
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:07   #85
BHPian
 
Amar82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 290
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
Congrats for your Gypsy Amar, you have mentioned Power steer for 7k. Could you please provide some details on this.
Thanks pdev,
To be very honest with you, even i haven't seen the gypsy with my own eyes till now, so have no clue about the power steering. I read in harjeev's thread that he fixed power steering in his jeep which he got from a dealer in mayapuri. So if a power steering can be fitted to a jeep, Gypsy is no different. So when my dad went to purchase one, i told him to ask dealer if he can fit power steering in it, which he did after coating a price of 7.5K. The gyspy has not been fired till now so we all don't know if it works or not but will let you know in 2 -3 weeks time frame.

Amar
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:52   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
pdev29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 258 Times
Default

dude if you got it in 7k then its dirt cheap, please let me know once you get the details on it.
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:30   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
Hey Satnam,
Things are going very well but a bit slow, actually after talking to Mandeep, he pointed out that you should go for a paint booth and after listening to his

3) Gyspy will be sent to Moga for Seat covers ,exhaust , roof top ,accessories. Will take another week.
Yes Mandeep has given you good advice, paint booth jobs are much better than getting it done in the open. No air contaminants to get into spray job and the whole job should be done to a much better finish.

As for Moga, is there any reason you are going there for the job instead of getting them done locally? Moga just has the reputation for enclosing jeeps but the quality of work is not as good as it is made out to be. My brother in law and a few others have all had their jeeps worked on at Moga and the guys local to us do just as good quality finish (if not better) than the Moga workshops churn out. Unless you know someone in Moga I would stick to Ludhiana. I was also told to get all the exterior etc done in Moga but my dad had a look at some of the Jeeps that had been done there and those done locally, he came to the conclusion that the work was very similar to what was being done locally.

Last edited by bigman : 23rd June 2009 at 14:32.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:12   #88
BHPian
 
sinhsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 169
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

Sorry for OT.
I have a 1998 Euro 1 FIAT UNO that I don't want to part with. It is registered in west bengal with number as WB 68 XXXX in Bankura RTO.
Now I want to legally convert it to lpg and use it as a daily runner in kolkata. As within 200 KM of Bankura RTO there are no LPG didpensing pump Bankura RTO won't permit LPG conversion. So I have to reregister it with Kolkata RTO with number like WB 06 XXXX. Now as it is euro 1 vehicle and kolkata RTO won't allow me to register it though if I could register it in Kolkata I could get the LPG conversion endorsed.
So I am stuck.
Any idea from fellow bhpians?
sinhsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:34   #89
BHPian
 
Amar82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 290
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hi Sinhsha,
Only way is to register the vehicle in a neigbhouring state where LPG is endorsed and they also allow euro1 vehicle to be registered.You might have to do some R&D for that, easiest way is to get hold of a person in RTO office and ask for a soution.

Amar
Amar82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 06:17   #90
BHPian
 
Bailee_Jatt_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 126
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

PB to PB number change should be possible if you say sell a car to some one else. Theoretically the new owner has a choice to change the number but I think he might have to pay road tax again I have not done this personally but I think it is doable (worse case with some under table money and connections )

What I have done is I have bought a car in Delhi with and DL number and registered in Punjab and have a PB number on it now. It was a used car and I had to get clearance from the Delhi DTO office.
Bailee_Jatt_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edmund : My car's Rebuild Maruti 800 Edmund Technical Stuff 505 16th January 2014 13:18
My 'CLASSIC' Rebuild!!! SYJ 4x4 Vehicles 52 28th December 2010 23:05
Gyspy Engine Overhaul / Rebuild jealousdiamond 4x4 Vehicles 13 2nd February 2010 12:23
Xtreme Power's Spoa'd Custom Crawler(Gyspy No.2) xtreme power 4x4 Vehicles 22 4th January 2010 23:17
Turbo Rebuild help ananthkamath Technical Stuff 11 2nd October 2005 10:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks