Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 18:19   #46
BHPian
 
Bazius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Thithimathi, Coorg
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I have decided to pick her up. It makes sense to at least use her for a year and experience the JEEP EFFECT and then sell later on if I am over the effect.

Even then i am sure it would be able to fetch a good price.

Such a Beautiful Vehicle. If you can afford why are you thinking so much?

Memories of a lifetime are made in vehicles with character not comfort. Buying a jeep is not a "sensible" thing to do but you already have sensible vehicles.

You're thinking of selling it even before buying ; doesn't augur good tidings.
Bazius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 18:25   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazius View Post
Such a Beautiful Vehicle. If you can afford why are you thinking so much?

Memories of a lifetime are made in vehicles with character not comfort. Buying a jeep is not a "sensible" thing to do but you already have sensible vehicles.

You're thinking of selling it even before buying ; doesn't augur good tidings.
These are probabilities that one must think of before making a rational purchase.

Selling her off is not in one of my top priorities today.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 18:50   #48
BHPian
 
Bazius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Thithimathi, Coorg
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I understand beejay it is your decision at the end of the day and hence your rationalization process. As jeep lovers we will try to assure you that it is a good decision.

May the FOURS be with you!
Bazius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 12:58   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

The wheel arcs for the front and rear are available in chennai for the CJ340. If any of the CJ340 owners wanting to have the one as shown in the original picture, ping me.

I can even ready to exchange it for

1. The emergency break cable kit of Classic
2. The side view mirror assy including the clamps to fit.

;-) good bargain isn't ?
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 14:38   #50
BHPian
 
sreerajunnithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

beejay,

You are one lucky owner to get this "Untouched Beauty". Never mind about the price. I came thru same dilemma when i was out there looking for a 550/540. 98K is almost the end of engine life, but looking at the way she maintained this Jeep, I don't think you need to worry about that in near future (Not a big deal even otherwise). Any symptoms of white/black smoke? and one final word - "Never Ever" spoil that origal looks. The only upgrade you can think about is, getting some new rubber. All the best and "happy jeepin"

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 7th July 2009 at 14:58.
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 14:52   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
The wheel arcs for the front and rear are available in chennai for the CJ340. If any of the CJ340 owners wanting to have the one as shown in the original picture, ping me.

I can even ready to exchange it for

1. The emergency break cable kit of Classic
2. The side view mirror assy including the clamps to fit.

;-) good bargain isn't ?
Siva,

Do you know anyplace where i would be able to get my hands on the side view mirror's.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 16:22   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 404 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I have decided to pick her up. It makes sense to at least use her for a year and experience the JEEP EFFECT and then sell later on if I am over the effect.

Even then i am sure it would be able to fetch a good price.
Excellent move. It is difficult to find a Jeep in such excellent condition. My philosophy is: if the car is good - pay the price!

Several 4X4 enthusiasts have mentioned that the prices for Jeeps has shot through the roof. (In fact they were complaining bitterly that Fords, Willys, Kaisers, CJs etc. were now unaffordable.) So hopefully, you might get more for it a year down the line (if you decide to sell then).

I remember the CJ in red. Between 1990 and 1994, I used to see one everyday on my way to work. The body was red, the wheels were a cream/off-white and the bumpers were the same colour as the wheels. It looked awesome, just like the Jeep in the pics.

The Jeep in question looks better than most Jeeps that have run a fraction that it has, the lady in red hides her age well and looks better than jeeps that are a quarter her age!

Congrats on your acquisition.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 23:47   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Siva,

Do you know anyplace where i would be able to get my hands on the side view mirror's.

Ah... that is the same thing I'm searching for my Classic over an year and half. If you find one, get me a pair.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 08:17   #54
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,611 Times
Default

Dear Sharath - the original "test drive your heart" placard is still hanging on the wall behind Mr.Naresh Bhosle's table inside Kandivli plant. There is an original MM540 placard also there. I think I'll take custody of both these priceless articles.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 09:12   #55
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,154
Thanked: 13,734 Times
Default

Yes Behram, better do it before somebody throws it out assuming it to be trash.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 15:33   #56
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,148
Thanked: 81 Times
Default

wow !! M&M please please bring this beauty back !!!!
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 15:19   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

I have taken partly legal delivery of her. I need to get the papers signed which I should be receiving by the end of this month.

The heart has won.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 16:27   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Kandisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 1,044
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Good decision at the end and good that you listened to your heart. Enjoy the JEEP experience
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 18:34   #59
BHPian
 
Bazius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Thithimathi, Coorg
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Congrats! I think everyone here will be a lil jealous of you now.
Bazius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 19:37   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Excellent move. It is difficult to find a Jeep in such excellent condition. My philosophy is: if the car is good - pay the price!

Several 4X4 enthusiasts have mentioned that the prices for Jeeps has shot through the roof. (In fact they were complaining bitterly that Fords, Willys, Kaisers, CJs etc. were now unaffordable.) So hopefully, you might get more for it a year down the line (if you decide to sell then).

I remember the CJ in red. Between 1990 and 1994, I used to see one everyday on my way to work. The body was red, the wheels were a cream/off-white and the bumpers were the same colour as the wheels. It looked awesome, just like the Jeep in the pics.

The Jeep in question looks better than most Jeeps that have run a fraction that it has, the lady in red hides her age well and looks better than jeeps that are a quarter her age!

Congrats on your acquisition.

Cheers,
Thanks a lot. I have done just that. I am sure I have paid its worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Good decision at the end and good that you listened to your heart. Enjoy the JEEP experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazius View Post
Congrats! I think everyone here will be a lil jealous of you now.
Thanks guys, There are many people who come up and ask if its for sale. This goes to prove my heart thinks on the same lines as my mind.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart... raghu230506 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 213 13th December 2016 11:43
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold! ACM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 322 16th September 2015 15:51
'95 118 NE Practicality wins over heart and mind funkykar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 54 22nd June 2011 14:39
Mind Over Heart - The Corolla Comes Home! prateekm Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 11th April 2010 17:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:18.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks