Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 18th June 2009, 19:01   #16
BHPian

WOW! I did not see this coming.

Harjeev after all the time and energy that was spent and not to mention the emotional melodrama you had to go through, I was thinking that you would probably never let this one go.

As far as the 4L spending is concerned, correct me if I am wrong that part of it is because you got stuck in the wrong place in the beginning and ended up burning some dough and then you moved the jeep to Mayapuri place finally.

So IMO yes you did spend a lot of money but part of it is also because of the selection of the wrong place so you might not be able to recover the total cost. Now your jeep restoration thread was very popular with a lot of religious followers including my self so there might be someone out there who will be willing to shell out close to what you spent.

Where you decide to keep the jeep or let it go best of luck either way.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
OMG, 3L+ is too much money my friend and i doubt someone going to pay 3.5L for the Jeep.

But keep trying and maybe you can also port in our classifieds and lets hope we get a buyer.
Hi sunny
I am not asking 3 or 3.5L. I actually was and still am not sure whether to sell my jeep or not!!! That's why I floated an idea to see what is the opinion of the people.
Now what Ive decided is that I will keep trying and whenever I get a good quote which justifies the my period of ownership of the vehicle I might think about it.

What I mean to say is that I might not get 3 L today but if I might get 2.5 or 2.0L a year or two down the line I can always weigh the pro's and cons and then take a decision. Till that time at least I get to enjoy the vehicle. Further a year or 2 down the line I might even decide not to sell the vehicle at all, who knows.
But whatever the case I will not book a loss now on the vehicle and sell it.
No sir!!! Even if Ive spent 3L atleast I have a capable, rugged and dependable off-roader parked at my house and I can take it anywhere without thinking trice.

Like today I started the 550 after 2 weeks, yes after 2 weeks and it started with one crank.

Thanks for all the help and suggestion guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
WOW! I did not see this coming.

Harjeev after all the time and energy that was spent and not to mention the emotional melodrama you had to go through, I was thinking that you would probably never let this one go.

As far as the 4L spending is concerned, correct me if I am wrong that part of it is because you got stuck in the wrong place in the beginning and ended up burning some dough and then you moved the jeep to Mayapuri place finally.
I just saw you post so am editing
I dint spend 4 but a little more than 3L.
And I've decided to wait till I get the opportune time and offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
Now your jeep restoration thread was very popular with a lot of religious followers including my self so there might be someone out there who will be willing to shell out close to what you spent.

Where you decide to keep the jeep or let it go best of luck either way.
Thanks buddy. i am actually honored.

I will wait it out. Looks like the LHD will remain in hibernation for time to come ;-))

Last edited by harjeev : 18th June 2009 at 19:07.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:14   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Thread Closed on Harjeev's Request.
Closed Thread