Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 1st August 2009, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

desigNation,
Congratulations on your new pocession. Bolero camper is a good vehicle and capable 4wd for its size. As others have said, the grill is messed up. Please replace the original. If you want it to continue looking weird, replace it with rabbit tooth grill of new M&M's

If you are regular to offroading then consider chopping rear section to reduce overhang.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 19:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

a great truck man, good to see people still consider a truck as a standard car here in india. well, put some accessories on it, will make it a killer.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 21:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

desigNation,

Nice choice for your kind of terrain and requirement, the extra carry space for your farm needs, the comfort and cush. ride in the camper will be better than your MM540.
BUT.......!

Also, make some changes for the plain Jane front end of your camper.
Happy Ride.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 21:52   #19
BANNED

congrats on your new purchase.

put a canopy at the back and get the over hang at the rear shortened!

nice alloys too!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 22:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

congrats man...you seem to be in love with that MM540 for 15yrs,now how could you sell your love?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 23:47   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
congrats man...you seem to be in love with that MM540 for 15yrs,now how could you sell your love?
15 years of love and then letting it go is like this...
Attached Images

Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
I like the old faithful better.IMHO the mesh grille looks wierd on the camper. Or it's probably the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
As others have said, the grill is messed up. Please replace the original. If you want it to continue looking weird, replace it with rabbit tooth grill of new M&M's
The mesh grille looks good in flesh. The finish does look weird in the pictures, probably due to the light conditions.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:33   #23
BANNED

Congrats. Why the Peugeot logos on the MM540? How did you manage to register the Camper as a private vehicle. When I checked with the dealer, I was told that I will need to register it as a goods vehicle (yellow plate)
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:47   #24
BHPian

the vtec guy-the rear fog lamps does give a wider light up and yes like you said it does hit the hood a bit,i am putting a roll bar ,but it would be in the same situation because,the height of the roll bar is going to be the same as the pipe where i have already mounted the lights now.
gto-thanx for the comments,bolero 4x4,tata xenon,mahindra getaway was beyond my budget,the camper on road without a/c an power steering was rs.5,30,000/-ac and power steering caused another 80000/-.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:07   #25
BHPian

gpa-yes i got the front grill modified from cochin,ostler.
artofzen-thanx,yes atlast i did win the case against the rto,kerala,it did take me one full year,now anyone in kerala can get it in white board.
vinod nookala-thanx for the comments,yes i am thinking of chopping the rear a bit.
fazalaliadil-i will be putting a bull bar and a set of fog lamps in the front.
joshguy-i do have a baleno too,i know it's heart breaking but i cant maintain 3 cars,so i had to sell.
parm-very true about your comment.
live to jive-Peugeot logos on the MM540 is because its got peugeot engine.even in kerala the situation was the same,i had a case against the rto in kerala and i won it,so now anyone can get it in white board in kerala.hey if you want the copy of the case file i can send it to you.do pm me if any help needed.

the vtec guy-oops sorry,you said bull bar,i thought,roll bar,i'm getting 2 fog lamps and a bull bar very soon.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd August 2009 at 18:11. Reason: Use same post to manage content upto 20 mins.
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:22   #26
BHPian

the next set of mods are:1.bullbar[want carryboy]anywhere in b'lore or coimbatore where i can get it?
2.chopping of the rear end.[when asked with mechanic,he told me the chassis would have to chopped too]would it by anyway affect the drive/ride of my vehicle or any other problem?
3.got a new set of original jeep wrangler mirrors,so fixing it.
4.fog lams in the front.
5.no head rest was provided, will be getting 1pair soon.any other ideas and suggestions welcome.
Old 3rd August 2009, 19:05   #27
BHPian

Can you give us the spec of the vehicle?. Does it have AC? or Just power steering ?
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:43   #28
BHPian

artofzen-its got a/c as well as power steering.its the same di engine that comes in the bolero.
Old 4th August 2009, 09:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Officially congrats once more for going such a long way to get the vehicle you wanted. The modifications are quite tastefully done, personally i do like the front mesh design over the conventional design of bolero. Get a good bull bar made with couple of good lights and you are all set to go. And for such kind of a price the camper is indeed pure VFM.
Kandisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 09:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

This invader was also done up with a new grill.

I am not posting pictures of the rear, it is horrendous. The front looks good though. Will post pictures of the rear in the weird and wacky jobs thread if my friend acts up.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)-dsc01434.jpg  

Last edited by beejay : 4th August 2009 at 09:51.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote