Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 14th January 2010, 17:38   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster 4x4 View Post
Can anyone point me to a good workshop for Gypsy modifications in the Gurgaon area/ within a reasonable radius of Gurgaon. I am looking for someone knowledgeable & experienced in the offroading / rally market and knows what they are doing, have the requisite infrastructure and honest (very important). Any pointers would be appreciated.
I know a person who owns a small garage in Gurgaon. He has been doing rally mods for his own Gypsy and participating in Raid De Himalaya for few years. Last time i've gone to him to take his opinion for my friend's 1994 MG410 4*4 which i helped him acquired. He had prepared this Gypsy for the Raid Extreme from a total loss by getting the entire new body shell from MUL as only the shell was damaged in the accident and engine was still good. I get my Sierra's oil and filters etc. changed at his workshop and i would say you can take his inputs as i find him honest .
Digvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 21:09   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
2 months is not a long time. and I would take these assurances of 2 months with a bucket of salt!

i was told i will get my Gypsy in a month of getting the delivery number. It took 11+ months!

oh really , I am still in the process of finding out how I can buy a new one and Jeepster has very kindly offered to help in case of Apra Gurgaon .

Slightly off topic, but I am assuming a Gypsy always has a good resale value
Monkeyboy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 09:06   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digvj View Post
I know a person who owns a small garage in Gurgaon. He has been doing rally mods for his own Gypsy and participating in Raid De Himalaya for few years. Last time i've gone to him to take his opinion for my friend's 1994 MG410 4*4 which i helped him acquired. He had prepared this Gypsy for the Raid Extreme from a total loss by getting the entire new body shell from MUL as only the shell was damaged in the accident and engine was still good. I get my Sierra's oil and filters etc. changed at his workshop and i would say you can take his inputs as i find him honest .

Hi Digvj, if its alright can you please post the info here for the benefit of everyone.
Monkeyboy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:54   #109
BHPian

This is an interesting thread. I have been looking out for a 4x4 for sometime now and had even considered buying a ex army MM550 and restoring it. I finally bit the bullet and placed an order for a new Gypsy King couple of days ago. Bimal Auto has promised delivery on 2nd week of February.
tatsago is offline   Reply With Quote