| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th August 2009, 01:02||#16|
Join Date: May 2007
@motorpsycho: thanks, Waiting for the 4x4 parts to arrive,I really hope my Jeep and my driving skills, do take me places.
@Pavan: Thanks, and amen to your wish for my big patience and wallet. I need both. You are welcome to check out the jeep.
@svsantosh: Thanks, I could not give up the 5cm things, so I have decided to do away with the LPG kit . Will be removing it and putting up for sale shortly.
|2nd October 2009, 00:39||#17|
Join Date: May 2007
Need help with certain items.
1. The Ignition coil was getting heated up pretty fast and awfully hot. I have changed it to a new coil from Lucas, but the problem still persists, what could be the issue here.
2. From "Cj3b page", I have seen some electronic Ignition products from Petronix and Genesee Products, both in USA. These are a replacement over the the point based ignition system and look promising based on a greenhorn's understanding like mine. Wanted to know, if these products are really good and promising they way they sound in marketing brochures and if there are any similar products in India that I could consider.
3. Need to change the spark plugs on my Hurricane, But I am not sure which ones are the best(company and type). Also there are about 3 sizes of spark plugs in the market based on size of threads
Short thread - 7-8 threads
Medium thread - (don't know the thread count)
Large thread - 13-14 threads
The present spark plugs in my 3b are all of different sizes, some installed with washers, so I am not sure which is the right size to go for. I am getting conflicting inputs from mechanics, Spare part shop owners and other jeepers.
Which the right size to go for the Hurricane engine.
4. I am planning to change the engine oil. Again conflicting inputs here from 3.5 - 5 litres. How much engine oil needs to go into the Hurricane petrol engine for the correct indication on the dip-stick.
5. I have been told by a fellow jeeper that the Oil pump in my Jeep in not correctly installed and that oil is not circulating in the jeep that could be causing the over-heating. He made this analysis based on the item marked out in the following snap. Can the experts please point out if this observation is correct and if yes than what do I need to do to get this installed correctly.
Thanks in advance
|26th October 2009, 10:37||#18|
Join Date: May 2007
All 4 conversion
My 3b would be going in for a 4x4 conversion very shortly. My heartfelt thanks to UBS for helping me source all these parts for the conversion. All these parts came in pre-serviced and were in the best of their shape. Again, thanks to UBS and Dadu for their efforts. I could not have done this without them. UBS understood what I needed and patiently questioned, explained and drew out the list of parts required for this conversion.
My mechanic has given me the slip for 3 weeks, and they have been lying around.
The work is going to begin very shortly and I am going to detail it out here via snaps. Apart from the 4x4 conversion I am also going to do the following. Will need all the help and guidance from fellow jeepers in the forum.
1. Spark plugs change
2. Water pump service
3. Clutch assembly change
4. Engine Oil replace
5. Front diffrential service
6. All leaf springs recambering
7. T-90 main drive gear replace and Gearbox service
8. Connect Handbrake assembly
9. Radiator Service/Change
10. Engine main gasket change
11. Fenders replace and paint
12. Engine Oil pump service
13. Engine compression check
14. Diffrential Oils replace
15. Brake Oil TopUp
16. Steering mechanism service
17. Fuel Filter Service/Change
18. Carb Service
In the first service stint, I am attempting to have all the mechanicals and engine related stuff taken care of. Do advice if anything else need to be added to the above list to complete the mechanical service.
Snaps of the parts that are going in:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My 1962 Willys Station Wagon||anupamsudden||Post-War||13||11th July 2016 22:44|
|1965 Willys Cj3B parts needed!||phil001||Post-War||10||1st December 2013 13:56|
|1962 willys cj3b 4wd||sat||Post-War||18||20th November 2009 10:03|
|My Willys CJ3B||S@~+#0$#||4x4 Vehicles||67||22nd August 2009 00:13|
|need help with willys CJ3B||mech.9n||4x4 Vehicles||6||16th December 2007 20:50|