Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 15:19   #61
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 898
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Black will require a lot of maintanace and will standout every time your soldier gets wounded in a battle!

Green is too common now a days have seen most of the gypsis in green

Silver is little different, have not seen a single gypsy in silver that makes it unique.

if white was also an option, i would love that. Khans gypsy looks fab in white, see if you can get crystal white (really white, dont know the exact coulor name)


Pramod
Dear Pramod,
I guess, Rossi is only talking about repainting his front CFLs, not the entire vehicle.
My choice would be to paint the leaf black
Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by starter : 25th September 2009 at 15:20.
starter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 15:21   #62
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Black will require a lot of maintanace and will standout every time your soldier gets wounded in a battle!

Green is too common now a days have seen most of the gypsis in green

Silver is little different, have not seen a single gypsy in silver that makes it unique.

if white was also an option, i would love that. Khans gypsy looks fab in white, see if you can get crystal white (really white, dont know the exact coulor name)


Pramod

Thanks Pramod,

Sorry for not being clear, but I was talking about colouring the blue looking CFL in the front.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by Rossi : 25th September 2009 at 15:24. Reason: Spelling mistake edited
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 16:02   #63
BHPian
 
satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 801 Times
Default

Do a couple of OTRs and leave the springs unwashed. No need for any paint that way
satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 16:23   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Pramod,
I guess, Rossi is only talking about repainting his front CFLs, not the entire vehicle.
My choice would be to paint the leaf black
Cheers,
Deepak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Thanks Pramod,

Sorry for not being clear, but I was talking about colouring the blue looking CFL in the front.
Any thoughts?
The friday effect is already on.
pramodkumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 17:04   #65
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan View Post
Do a couple of OTRs and leave the springs unwashed. No need for any paint that way
How about this Sunday dude... had called you for the same reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The friday effect is already on.
I can relate to you on this dude
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 12:19   #66
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Front Suspension

On request by a few of you I am posting the pics of my front CFL suspension:
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-img00003.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-img00063.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-img00066.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-img00067.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-img00030.jpg  

Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 12:46   #67
BHPian
 
gonewithwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 144
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

How is CFL suspension? You really feel the difference?
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 16:00   #68
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
How is CFL suspension? You really feel the difference?
The bumps have reduced to a great extent, cornering has also improved, steering has become slightly lighter.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 16:19   #69
BHPian
 
Ricky_3007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
The bumps have reduced to a great extent, cornering has also improved, steering has become slightly lighter.
Hi Rossi,

Its been a great restoration so far. I am just amazed with all these new things and the pace of restoration.

Just have a query how will the CFL helps in terms of cornering and sterring handling?

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 16:26   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default

Rossi,
The leaf length in front is longer. Khan has complained about it. what are you doing about it?
Your vehicle has come out very well. Looks good!

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 1st October 2009 at 16:28.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:36   #71
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Rossi,
The leaf length in front is longer. Khan has complained about it. what are you doing about it?
Your vehicle has come out very well. Looks good!
Thanks Vinod,

Have spoken to Dr Pawar, he is replacing them in the next 10 days, thats his commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hi Rossi,

Its been a great restoration so far. I am just amazed with all these new things and the pace of restoration.

Just have a query how will the CFL helps in terms of cornering and sterring handling?

Tarkesh
Thanks Tarkesh,

Dont know the technicalities, but my drive has made me experience the above.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:44   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,344
Thanked: 1,003 Times
Default

I assume that there is no issue with the rear CFLs - when I do change mine over in my new Gypsy, I plan to do one end at a time and see how it goes, before the front change.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:49   #73
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I assume that there is no issue with the rear CFLs - when I do change mine over in my new Gypsy, I plan to do one end at a time and see how it goes, before the front change.
Go for the rear ones any time, you will find a difference. Just hold on for the front ones to get shorter.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 18:43   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 727
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

133 km/hr is a very good speed for a gypsy. Did you check the fuel average ?
Just saw a Gypsy today very close but not SPOAd, once signals went green it went screaming MH 14 115 something, the no. was red and some other colour.
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 08:51   #75
BHPian
 
Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 125
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Thanks Kavesh, Didnot check on FE.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gypsy vs Gypsy King prasygreat 4x4 Vehicles 90 15th April 2016 01:14
Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ?? Sabareesh 4x4 Vehicles 27 15th May 2010 01:17
Modifications for Gypsy King - Does the sequence of modifications matter? khan_sultan Modifications & Accessories 18 6th September 2009 14:02
Will Gypsy King's front Differential Hub/ Casing fit for a Gypsy Gypsy_roadies SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 3 16th March 2009 16:23
Body and Cosmetic modifications for new Gypsy King COUGAR Modifications & Accessories 0 18th June 2006 12:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks