Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:10   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,194
Thanked: 1,989 Times
Default

An interesting resto. Looking forward to the rest of the pix JC. Btw was this Gypsy put up for sale some time back??
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:14   #17
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Smile

Great job Bro. Any Engine mods?
A friend of mine has a Passion yellow with mat black top gypsy. It looks cool.

All the Best.

Regards,
Krishna
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:00   #18
BHPian
 
freewheelburnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 272
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

A yellow car will be a head turner for sure.I had a yellow Lancer SFXI earlier.All the best for the restoration!
freewheelburnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:54   #19
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@JeepCaptain- Any info on the costing? Or you would want to wait for the project to get over and then share the complete details?
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:57   #20
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Looking good after what it was doing in the bush

Any mechanical mods planned?
IronWolf, the plan is to restore it to stock condition and yes a lots of mods are in the pipeline.
I will post my full list of mods soon. Keep watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Very interesting, keep updating the thread buddy...
Thanks Rossi. How is your MPFI coming up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
..was unhealthy with Health department..!! Now with you and recovering.
Keep posting..!!
coolclouds, thats an interesting quote bro. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Please keep updating I am following it for my Gypsy Restoration ...
All details you could possibly mention would be worth .. Good Going
jealousdiamond, keep watching this thread, More pics and details to come.
You mean you have a gypsy to be restored or looking for one? All the best anyways.

Shibu aka JC
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 05:51   #21
BHPian
 
Bailee_Jatt_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 126
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

JC, what happened? where did you go?

It is time this thread is updated
Bailee_Jatt_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 12:03   #22
BHPian
 
Jeepster 4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Great job there Captain! I'm gonna watch this thread very closely to pick up some tips for my project here as well. Would you mind sharing what it cost you to get the Hammerton paint done on the platform?
Jeepster 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 14:38   #23
BHPian
 
renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEW DELHI
Posts: 184
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

JC,have you reached kerela?waiting for your driving experience from delhi to kerela on your gypsy. give me a call when you reach,will discuss further on things we briefly discussed over the phone.do tell us how did the gypsy perform throughout your expedition till kerela.

cheers

mandeep
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 17:28   #24
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Wow Jeepcaptain, this is the cleanest Gypsy restoration thread I have seen. Good job bringing this beauty back to life. The choice of colour is very good.

All the best buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
Ankit, thanks for your compliments bro. Yes the colour combination turned out to be too good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
An interesting resto. Looking forward to the rest of the pix JC. Btw was this Gypsy put up for sale some time back??
JayD, More pics to follow. You are right its still on the teambhp classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
Great job Bro. Any Engine mods?
A friend of mine has a Passion yellow with mat black top gypsy. It looks cool.

All the Best.

Regards,
Krishna
Thanks Krishna, I am a fan of your Gypsy thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
A yellow car will be a head turner for sure.I had a yellow Lancer SFXI earlier.All the best for the restoration!
freewheelburnin, yes yellow gypsy is not that common and its a head turner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
@JeepCaptain- Any info on the costing? Or you would want to wait for the project to get over and then share the complete details?
theodore_ftw, will share the costing soon.Watch this space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
JC, what happened? where did you go?

It is time this thread is updated
Bailee_Jatt_Boy, I was busy with another Gypsy project and also on a trip from Delhi to Cochin on a Gypsy . Hence the delay!
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 11:30   #25
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster 4x4 View Post
Great job there Captain! I'm gonna watch this thread very closely to pick up some tips for my project here as well. Would you mind sharing what it cost you to get the Hammerton paint done on the platform?
Jeepster, Hammerton paint wasnt that expensive. I think it costed me below 1000 Rs including labour charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
JC,have you reached kerela?waiting for your driving experience from delhi to kerela on your gypsy. give me a call when you reach,will discuss further on things we briefly discussed over the phone.do tell us how did the gypsy perform throughout your expedition till kerela.

cheers

mandeep
Mandeep, I did reach kerala and now back in Dubai.My trip to Kerala by road was hell of an experience. Will write a travelogue soon when I get time. with pics. I will call you soon.
cheers
JC
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:35   #26
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default After 3 months

Because of rains and some renovation work in the garage it took 3 months to complete the paint job.

Some more WIP pics with all doors, hood and hardtop painted and fitted back on to the vehicle

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy1.jpg

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy2.jpg

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy3.jpg

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy4.jpg.

To be Continued....
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 09:45   #27
BHPian
 
Gypsy-Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 298
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Jeepster, Hammerton paint wasnt that expensive. I think it costed me below 1000 Rs including labour charges.
JC
1000 !!

is it a typo and did u mean 10,000/- ???

if it is 1000 then i am sure lotsa guys will be making a beeline for your garage for a paint job!!
Gypsy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 11:23   #28
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
1000 !!

is it a typo and did u mean 10,000/- ???

if it is 1000 then i am sure lotsa guys will be making a beeline for your garage for a paint job!!
Gypsyboy, I was referring to the silver hammerton paint done on the platform. Not the exterior paint. Hammerton is kind of rust proofing paint.

JC
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 14:24   #29
BHPian
 
MexXxentric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 248
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Bro,
spotted your tweety bird on high heels in Adoor Jn. on Sept 17th eve.


OUTSTANDING.....................

cummon.. speed up the thread.
MexXxentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 14:28   #30
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default Painting Complete!

More pics with paint job almost completed.

First I got the fenders painted matt black but after seeing it I didnt like it..so asked the painter to paint them yellow

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy1.jpg

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy2.jpg

GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain-gipsy3.jpg.

JC
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MM550 Army to Civilian Makeover by JeepCaptain JeepCaptain 4x4 Vehicles 160 17th May 2013 12:05
Rebirth of a CJ3B, The Unstoppable Legend ! -By JeepCaptain JeepCaptain 4x4 Vehicles 98 27th August 2012 01:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks