Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:23   #46
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Abhi mate, i am jealous

Lovely work. Looks awesome....

Will await more pics.
Cheers
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 23:01   #47
BHPian
 
catchkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Need help

hi abhi,

am new to the jeep world & will begin to get my CJ3B lowbonnet into ship shape would need a lot of help being a fellow bangaloreian. Do you mind sharing your contact details & some precious time to help.

Thanks in adv.
My number - 93795 44089
catchkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 09:13   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Hi My friend, I am on 9986510070 or abhishekbhattacharya@hotmail.com. You can contact me on these. That said, I am now in an assignment that requires lot of international travel- so chances are that when you call me, I will be outside India. So, suggest you use the email route to contact me. I will be able to guide you more promptly with the little that I know- including connecting you with people in BLR who may be able to help.
Wish you luck with your restoration.
PS- I have a few things lying around from my CJ3B restoration which may be of use, considering I'd planned to do a low bonnet conversion but decided against it later (front grill, split windscreen, etc). Let me know if those will interest you too.
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:14   #49
BHPian
 
catchkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_d_zulu View Post
Hi My friend, I am on 9986510070 or abhishekbhattacharya@hotmail.com. You can contact me on these. That said, I am now in an assignment that requires lot of international travel- so chances are that when you call me, I will be outside India. So, suggest you use the email route to contact me. I will be able to guide you more promptly with the little that I know- including connecting you with people in BLR who may be able to help.
Wish you luck with your restoration.
PS- I have a few things lying around from my CJ3B restoration which may be of use, considering I'd planned to do a low bonnet conversion but decided against it later (front grill, split windscreen, etc). Let me know if those will interest you too.
Thanks a lot for offering to help Abhi
My jeep is a low bonnet here are a few pics in my first post - MY Willys CJ (My Willys CJ Low Bonnet - Need Help)
Will surely trouble you on mails seeking all the help i need.
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kumar
catchkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:22   #50
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Your Jeep look good Kumar.

The Spedo looks like a Toyota BJ 40's Speedo.

Good luck with the resto Buddy.

Keep us posted with Pics.

Cheers
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 00:06   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Data plate

Friends, I need some quick help...

While painting the jeep the painter lost the Willy data plate from the dashboard. I wanted to check if any of you knew where I could get one fabricated from, or could buy one from.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Abhishek
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 10:17   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_d_zulu View Post
Friends, I need some quick help...

While painting the jeep the painter lost the Willy data plate from the dashboard. I wanted to check if any of you knew where I could get one fabricated from, or could buy one from.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Abhishek
Abhishek,
This is one fabricated here which costs 1000 rupees, if you are interested let me know.

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-img_8999.jpg
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 10:42   #53
BHPian
 
Praveen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 54
Thanked: Once
Default

@Fazal
1000 bucks for the data plate alone? Thought it would be less than 500? My bad
Praveen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:44   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveen1 View Post
@Fazal
1000 bucks for the data plate alone? Thought it would be less than 500? My bad
Praveen,
I don't fabricate them, I just know a place they are available where replica Willys are made. Recently I wanted one for a CJ3B which is not available and thus know the price.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:56   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Hi Folks, sharing a few new pictures of the jeep, taken post his morning showers. These are with the new canvas top, which was missing in the previous pictures. Please see how he looks now. The last picture is my daughter- learning the tricks of the trade early in life!


Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-001.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-003.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-004.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-005.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-006.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-007.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-008.jpg

Restoring a Willys CJ3B-willy-1-009.jpg
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 20:46   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default

Rahul@Vodoo - Amazing Jeep Abhi has got, and wonderful of you to drop by to show me the jeep. As said, Do the spoken things and check with the other famous hurricane owner in bangalore and the jeep should be tight!!
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 17:45   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 108
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Hi...

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for taking time off to see the Jeep... I have taken note of all the dozen odd observations you had made & sent them to fix them right away. Hopefully when I get the Jeep back in a couple of weeks, it will drive a lot more better.

Thanks Rahul for mediating too!

Cheers,
Abhishek


Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Rahul@Vodoo - Amazing Jeep Abhi has got, and wonderful of you to drop by to show me the jeep. As said, Do the spoken things and check with the other famous hurricane owner in bangalore and the jeep should be tight!!
abhishek_d_zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 21:48   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,793
Thanked: 978 Times
Default

Santosh/AB,

Please do share what are the things you are getting done. I saw your jeep on the ramp just before the festivals began. I had come to get some work done on the carb as it was jamming up a bit at the butterfly shaft.

Regards,
Shub
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 10:17   #59
BHPian
 
karizma9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Hey abhishek , congrats on yourjeep bro , nice colour . Is that WARN FWH i see?
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
restoring a willys cj3b sammyaulakh 4x4 Vehicles 29 27th January 2015 14:56
1965 Willys Cj3B parts needed! phil001 Post-War 10 1st December 2013 13:56
1962 willys cj3b 4wd sat Post-War 18 20th November 2009 10:03
My Willys CJ3B S@~+#0$# 4x4 Vehicles 67 22nd August 2009 00:13
need help with willys CJ3B mech.9n 4x4 Vehicles 6 16th December 2007 20:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks