Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:35   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,454
Thanked: 1,789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Shibu - in your post no 65, photographs no 6 and 7, I can see very clearly that the master cylinder to brake pedal support bracket is ruthlessly cut off to route the exhaust pipe. Please correct this defect. It will affect brake performance and safety. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT THIS BRACKET. Please remain safe. This is a major infringement. The garage guy may not even know how much harmhe is causing, as you can see here.
+10000 . Shibu, Please don't compromise on the quality of the mechanical system.
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 21:42   #77
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I also guessed it is the angle, otherwise I don't expect JC to put different size tyres.

Spike

P.S. When do we go off-roading in this Jeep to Wayanad?
Spike, Jeep is ready, you just let me know a date and we can go offroading in Wayanad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Shibu - in your post no 65, photographs no 6 and 7, I can see very clearly that the master cylinder to brake pedal support bracket is ruthlessly cut off to route the exhaust pipe. Please correct this defect. It will affect brake performance and safety. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE WITHOUT THIS BRACKET. Please remain safe. This is a major infringement. The garage guy may not even know how much harmhe is causing, as you can see here.
Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
Dear DB Sir, Thanks very much indeed to point this out. You have a very sharp eyes I would say. I will get the bracket done immediately.
You are right .. the garage guy has done this without my knowledge and I havent seen this Jeep for last 2 months. My bro is assisting me to get this project done and I see it only thru the pic updates he send me.
I dont compromise on safety and never tamper with critical mechanical components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
+10000 . Shibu, Please don't compromise on the quality of the mechanical system.
Thank you Arka.
Will sort that out soon.
Shibu
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 14:07   #78
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default More pic updates.

Some more pics taken in Day Light.


Name:  P1010129.JPG.jpeg
Views: 1292
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  P1010130.JPG.jpeg
Views: 1298
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:  P1010131.JPG.jpeg
Views: 1293
Size:  127.8 KB

Name:  P1010132.JPG.jpeg
Views: 1322
Size:  106.5 KB

Name:  P1010133.JPG.jpeg
Views: 1264
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  P1010134.JPG.jpeg
Views: 1283
Size:  65.0 KB
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 16:54   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Great looking Jeep bud. I kinda like this Olive green colour with cream wheels. Looks different than the usual Military green coloured Jeeps one sees often.

One thing i noticed, may be wrong, the spare wheel bracket seems to have been mounted a bit to the rear side. IMHO, the spare should not jut out, further than the rear bumperette. Secondly please could you post pics of the mount, i tried mounting my spare wheel on the side and it almost threatened to tear off the side. I have thought of welding a plate on the inside and then mounting the bracket o that.

Secondly, could you give us the details of the roll bar (looks like a classic's)? Is it readily available? Im asking cause im looking for a similar type of fittment for my CJ. Thanks
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 17:52   #80
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 3,059
Thanked: 4,571 Times
Default

Dear Shibu - thank you for your compliment. Please clip the fuel lines under the LH side of the body properly. They are hanging. Pease change the complete exhaust system, it is made very badly. Power will drop. Please see if you can find original side footsteps of CJ3B. These are original but not of CJ3B. Please re-orient the pintle hook rings inwards as these are used for hanging the chains of the trailer which Mahindra Owen used to make for Jeeps. The lights on the rear body panel and tailgate hinges are not original. The drop down tailgate hinges have a cut at 45 degrees for enabling the tailgate to be removed completely from the Jeep. If I remember correctly, the ventilating windshield pivots are to be stored in bottom position when not in use. Transmission skid plate needs to be fitted.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 17:56   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
SPIKE ARRESTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 2,653
Thanked: 679 Times
Default

Shibu, once the Kerala monsoons are over I would love to see your Jeep with windshield dropped down, any plans to visit Kerala next month? I will be there from May end to Jan first week.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 18:34   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Shibu,
Thats a great looking Jeep. Neat!
Yes the footsteps need to be changed like Sir Bahram pointed out.
Place your tail lights inwards and your blackout lamps outwards (but within the brake lights).
The spare wheel is sticking more than a bit out from the side, can you get this about 3-4"" towards the body?
Neat job on the seats and love the D shackles, recently picked the same for myself too.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 25th April 2010 at 18:35.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 14:06   #83
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great looking Jeep bud. I kinda like this Olive green colour with cream wheels. Looks different than the usual Military green coloured Jeeps one sees often.

One thing i noticed, may be wrong, the spare wheel bracket seems to have been mounted a bit to the rear side. IMHO, the spare should not jut out, further than the rear bumperette. Secondly please could you post pics of the mount, i tried mounting my spare wheel on the side and it almost threatened to tear off the side. I have thought of welding a plate on the inside and then mounting the bracket o that.

Secondly, could you give us the details of the roll bar (looks like a classic's)? Is it readily available? Im asking cause im looking for a similar type of fittment for my CJ. Thanks

V-16
, You are right about the location of the spare wheel mount. Need to check the location and refix it. Also the mounting of the spare wheel bracket is not very strong. I am also looking for options for reinforcing it.

For the roll bar, I was planning to get a new one fabricated & I recieved a a quote of 4000+fitting charges. Found it expensive & decided to go for one which comes in on M&M Major by adding a support to it. I asked the mech to bend the pipe to make it took like a classics ones. But since he didnt had the pipe bender he just cut two pipes and welded with an angle which I didnt like. Costed me 1800 for the Major's roll bar (used) and 500 for fitting.

See pic
Rebirth of a CJ3B, The Unstoppable Legend ! -By JeepCaptain-p1010040.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Shibu - thank you for your compliment. Please clip the fuel lines under the LH side of the body properly. They are hanging. Pease change the complete exhaust system, it is made very badly. Power will drop. Please see if you can find original side footsteps of CJ3B. These are original but not of CJ3B. Please re-orient the pintle hook rings inwards as these are used for hanging the chains of the trailer which Mahindra Owen used to make for Jeeps. The lights on the rear body panel and tailgate hinges are not original. The drop down tailgate hinges have a cut at 45 degrees for enabling the tailgate to be removed completely from the Jeep. If I remember correctly, the ventilating windshield pivots are to be stored in bottom position when not in use. Transmission skid plate needs to be fitted.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir, I am going to see the Jeep in few weeks time and I will get all the items you mentioned.
  • Will clip the fuel lines.
  • I am going to change the complete exhaust system. This is LHD petrol 3B converted to RHD diesel ( by one of the previous owners) and hence it doesnt have the orginal exhaust. I will try to get exhaust of a CJ500D and replace it. I am aware about the power drop by going this kind of jugaad works.
  • Orginal footsteps are also in my To-Do list.These are from Major and is only for temporary.
  • Will reorient pintle hooks. Sir is there any way I can get hold a new trailer? I am deperately looking for two trailers for my CJ and MM550.
  • All lights will be replaced with orginal
  • Fixing tailgate hinges is also in my list.
  • oops I missed out on the windshield pivots.. I know it should be stored in the bottom..I think they fixed it reversely. Dont know what to do with my mech they need micromangement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Shibu, once the Kerala monsoons are over I would love to see your Jeep with windshield dropped down, any plans to visit Kerala next month? I will be there from May end to Jan first week.

Spike
Yes Spike, the windshield will be dropped down and soft top rolled down most of the time except while it rains. I will be kerala in June for three weeks. Will call you soon. Lets plan to meet up either in kerala or Nasik.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu,
Thats a great looking Jeep. Neat!
Yes the footsteps need to be changed like Sir Bahram pointed out.
Place your tail lights inwards and your blackout lamps outwards (but within the brake lights).
The spare wheel is sticking more than a bit out from the side, can you get this about 3-4"" towards the body?
Neat job on the seats and love the D shackles, recently picked the same for myself too.
Regards,
Thank you Fazal Sir for your inputs.
Will be fixing the lights as per your suggestion. Need to do more work on the spare wheel mounting.
Thanks for your compliments. But these are nothing compared to your restoration jobs!! which are attention to detail. I wish I could the same but impossible with me sitting here in DXB.
Yes I picked up those D shackles from here for Rs360 a peice.
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 17:42   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Secondly, could you give us the details of the roll bar (looks like a classic's)? Is it readily available? Im asking cause im looking for a similar type of fittment for my CJ. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
But since he didnt had the pipe bender he just cut two pipes and welded with an angle which I didnt like. Costed me 1800 for the Major's roll bar (used) and 500 for fitting.
Shibu,
Thank you for your kind compliments. I too admire your passion for 4X4's and how you get things done by remote control,,,I would have had a heart attack even if I tried.

V-16,
I have two nice roll bars which came off two 3B's, if you and Shibu are interested you can have them, just pick them up from Hyderabad at no cost.
Regards,
Rebirth of a CJ3B, The Unstoppable Legend ! -By JeepCaptain-img_4457.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 26th April 2010 at 17:46.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 18:14   #85
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu,
Thank you for your kind compliments. I too admire your passion for 4X4's and how you get things done by remote control,,,I would have had a heart attack even if I tried.

V-16,
I have two nice roll bars which came off two 3B's, if you and Shibu are interested you can have them, just pick them up from Hyderabad at no cost.
Regards,
Attachment 338319
Fazal Sir, thank you so much for your offer I will pick one from you. Please keep it for me. And if V-16 doesn't want, I will take the second one too .
Please send it in my 550 when it returns from HYD.
I've become an expert in remote restoration now. Its hard but its doable.

Shibu
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 18:31   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Fazal Sir, thank you so much for your offer I will pick one from you. Please keep it for me. And if V-16 doesn't want, I will take the second one too .
Please send it in my 550 when it returns from HYD.
I've become an expert in remote restoration now. Its hard but its doable.

Shibu
Shibu,
Will give you one now with your 550 and when the other one comes off later and if V-16 does not want it, its your then.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 20:55   #87
BHPian
 
sreerajunnithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Please send it in my 550 when it returns from HYD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu,
Will give you one now with your 550
OT: Shibu, another one ?

Thanks
--Sree--
sreerajunnithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 22:30   #88
BHPian
 
JeepCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai / Gods Own Country -Kerala
Posts: 864
Thanked: 468 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu,
Will give you one now with your 550 and when the other one comes off later and if V-16 does not want it, its your then.
Regards,
Thank you so much Fazal Sir. Much appreaciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
OT: Shibu, another one ?

Thanks
--Sree--
Sree, No bro..not another one. Its the same 550. check your PM.
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 00:40   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shibu,
V-16,
I have two nice roll bars which came off two 3B's, if you and Shibu are interested you can have them, just pick them up from Hyderabad at no cost.
Regards,
Hey Thanks Fazal boss for the kind and generous offer on a platter. I will be glad to take it from you and shall get it picked up. Ill ask someone to get in touch with you to have it picked up in a day or two. Could you PM me your contact number/s? Thanks again mate!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Fazal Sir, thank you so much for your offer I will pick one from you. Please keep it for me. And if V-16 doesn't want, I will take the second one too .
I want I want!!I want I want

Last edited by V-16 : 27th April 2010 at 00:42.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 08:57   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
fazalaliadil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 623 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
. I ll ask someone to get in touch with you to have it picked up in a day or two.
I want I want!!I want I want
V-16,
Relax buddy, its yours!
But.. since you were second to respond you will need to wait a bit before I take it off the 3B and substitute it with a roll bar cum soft top frame I have planned.

Presently the rear half of the top rests on this roll bar, the reason I can't take it off.
Regards.
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GYPSY Unlimited! - by JeepCaptain JeepCaptain 4x4 Vehicles 127 23rd October 2010 01:40
whats better than an original cj3b?? two original cj3b's. 0333 4x4 Vehicles 33 5th March 2009 11:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks