Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 09:31   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NJ & Pune
Posts: 52
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Hi Sathya.

Can you please let us know the registration process. I mean, it will be first registered in PB and then transferred to KA with NOC. right!! Please correct me if I am wrong. How much did this process cost. I intend to pick up a lot of MPFI's from Panagarh (I got some connections there, as I grew up there) and have them shifted to B'lore, hence this question.

Deep
xtremedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:03   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedeep View Post
Hi Sathya.

Can you please let us know the registration process. I mean, it will be first registered in PB and then transferred to KA with NOC. right!! Please correct me if I am wrong. How much did this process cost. I intend to pick up a lot of MPFI's from Panagarh (I got some connections there, as I grew up there) and have them shifted to B'lore, hence this question.

Deep
Hi Deep,
The registration process is simple (well it sounds simple but takes a lot time)
1.) It is first registered at PB in the original bidders name and then.
2.) NOC will be issued from PB to KA.
3.) The buyer has to register it in KA on paying the road tax.

Getting MPFI from Panagarh will be a good idea. But please wait till atleaset one of them is registred in KA. As far as my knowledge goes it should be easy to register the MPFI gypsy.

Current status of the 550's registartion
They are running the vehicle in Blore in PB registartion and the RC has been sent back to PB for correction (as there were some minor corrections in the RC book). Once the RC book is back they intend to register it in KA.

rgds
-Sathya
Sathyagith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 15:45   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyagith View Post
Here are the pictures taken in Mayapuri..
Latest pictures will follow.

The 550 which is getting ready in Shimoga.

Attachment 205582
Hey Sathya, Thanks for the updates.

Which one of those is Manu's Jeep?
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 15:57   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
beejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Nilgiris
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 108 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyagith View Post
Hi Deep,
The registration process is simple (well it sounds simple but takes a lot time)
1.) It is first registered at PB in the original bidders name and then.
2.) NOC will be issued from PB to KA.
3.) The buyer has to register it in KA on paying the road tax.
Is it not possible to register directly to the state the vehicle is headed too?

This will be more simple and you save a lot of money by paying tax once, or does it not work that way?
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 22:26   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hey Sathya, Thanks for the updates.

Which one of those is Manu's Jeep?
Hi IronWolf,
The one that is getting ready in Shimoga is Manu's 550.

rgds
-Sathya
Sathyagith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 00:28   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Is it not possible to register directly to the state the vehicle is headed too?

This will be more simple and you save a lot of money by paying tax once, or does it not work that way?
Hi Beejay,
According to what I heard in KA the RTO considers it as a new vehicle (ex army) as it has never registered earlier (read to a civilian). You have to pay a life tax on the vehicle from year 2000 or 2002. You are not entitiled for a depreciation on Road tax . And also you will have to get the invoice of a the vehicle of that period IF NOT you will have to pay the Life tax on par with a similar vehicle (read Bolero 4X4) which will be very high.

It's simpler and cheaper and hassel free to get it done in PB (costs Rs 15k for registration) and then get an NOC (Rs 3k for NOC to KA). In this case it will be considered as a second hand vehicle which is already registered earlier and you land up paying less amount on Road tax

I am sure if you use this procedure it works out to be cheaper.

I will keep you updated once these guys pay the life tax in KA.

rgds
-Sathya
Sathyagith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 22:32   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mysore
Posts: 49
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I am attaching the pictures of Manu's 550 getting ready in Shimoga.

Name:  DSC02852_UPLOAD_1.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  DSC02853_UPLOAD_1.JPG
Views: 736
Size:  59.7 KB

Update about the RC book correction--> They are still awaiting the corrected RC books from PB to reach them in KA.


-Sathya
Sathyagith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MM540/550, Army fenders made available! fazalaliadil 4x4 Vehicles 57 9th November 2015 19:45
The elusive MM540 / 550. EDIT: New Search for ex-Army 550 on page 9 IronWolf 4x4 Vehicles 146 13th February 2015 23:02
Ex Army MM 550 - "It's tough, but not impossible" 4x4army 4x4 Vehicles 180 24th April 2014 17:00
It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE hgnishanth 4x4 Vehicles 251 16th October 2012 15:26
550 BHP VW Jetta amit The International Automotive Scene 5 9th November 2009 22:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks