Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 5th November 2009, 09:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Now i see this becoming a little filmy style-:-)) So read my reply filmy style-

p.s- Just look back at your pics that you posted. How pretty she is!! Dont give it away just as yet.
You are wicked. Sounds all emotional.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 11:23   #32
BHPian

Yogesh - All jeepers will understand how you feel, to have to let go of your beloved jeep. But remember, all things happen for good reason. You will find a far better offroader which will suit your purposes even more.

All the best to you.

cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 11:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mods for new title, the thread is live again.

In fact there is a little steam left in the Classic case. Yesterday I went to give my jeep for oil change, paint touching, rubbing etc. and there I met that guy again. He told that I can now see the Classic whenever I want. The classic won't serve my purpose so I didn't took much interest. Still I'll have a look at it and post pics here for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Now i see this becoming a little filmy style-:-)) So read my reply filmy style-

"See, you said you will not miss it much and you are already missing it. Dont let the true friend go and feel lonely. I suggest you first find a good alternate friend for yourself and then give this away to pushkin (Her future partner;-)). " haha

Jokes apart, i can fully understand what you are going through. First find yourself a suitable 4x4 of your choice and if you find one then give it away. No point in being jeepless for a long time. In desperation you will pick up stuff whcih may not suit you.

I strongly suggest you to give this jeep away to him only when you find an alternate 4x4. Else you will repent.

p.s- Just look back at your pics that you posted. How pretty she is!! Dont give it away just as yet.
Very wicked indeed Vinod, now you want to make a villain out of me.. No, can't do that specially to Pushkin. He always told me to keep it and never sell it. Even on the last call when we finalised the deal he insisted that. Emotions are one thing but practicality is another. I am very clear what I want next.

It goes like this:

What I want
1) 4x4 offroader
2) Good highway cruise ability
3) A/C
4) Can compromise on offroad abilities. If it can do 60-70% of what my jeep was doing then also ok.
5) Reliable.

Not that I don't like these, I love them but due to specific need I have ruled out Jeeps (540, 550, 340 etc), ruled out Major, bolero, gurkha and campers (would need lot of customisation of style)

So I guess I am left with two options:

1) SUVs
2) Gypsy (hard top)

In SUVs I like- Scorpio, Tucson and also GV. I'll keep an eye on all. If I can find a good piece at very reasonable price then I'll consider. I will not buy anything from these before the Auto expo 2010. Wishing for a pleasant surprise from Suzuki or Mahindra.

Gypsy with hard top is another good option. I guess with AC fitted it will solve my purpose well? Would only look for a post 2006 or 2007 one within 3L budget. If I get a good original piece I will grab it.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 13:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Yogesh - All jeepers will understand how you feel, to have to let go of your beloved jeep. But remember, all things happen for good reason. You will find a far better offroader which will suit your purposes even more.

All the best to you.

cheers
Ankit
Thanks Ankit, will catch you guys in next OTR.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 14:04   #35
BHPian

The ride quality of the stock gyspsy at the back is quite bumpy your family might still complain about long distance cruising.

If SUV then enusre it has a 2 speed transfer case. To make an SUV a completant off-roader this is the most important criterian. Amoungst your choices THe GV and Scorpio 4x4 make a strong case for themselves as they have the 2 speed T, case (HI & LO) and in case of GV you also get central DIFF locks.
Torque-ative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 14:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Yogesh,
You are also looking at what i have been looking at all these years, a comfortable SUV for 5 lakhs that is good on and off the road. I failed miserably!! Hence i have a MM540 for offroad and Wagon R/ Indica Turbo for on road duties.

My need for a comfortable vehicle that can carry my family to that far flung offroad spot is still unmet. Iam planning to go to Munnar offroad, cant take my family for 2000 kms round trip in my open jeep. Wish i had what you are looking for....an option!!

Wishing you all the best!! Get lucky and buy a Scopio 4x4 / Safari 4x4. Since you are ready to compromise a little off road these are a good bet. Anything else you will not be satisfied.

Gypsy is not comfortable on long distances with family. Consult Headers and Khan sultan.

P.s- Thar if it becomes a reality may pass of as a comfortablefamily off roader fi a/c can be added

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 5th November 2009 at 14:31.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 14:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjin
What I want
1) 4x4 offroader
2) Good highway cruise ability
3) A/C
4) Can compromise on offroad abilities. If it can do 60-70% of what my jeep was doing then also ok.
5) Reliable.
Wait for the rumored Mahindra until Auto Expo. Can't you?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote