Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 14th October 2009, 16:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default CL340 or Classic? EDIT : CL340 sold, what next?

I have come across a porson selling his 2000 model Classic in Jaipur. It has original rims, good condition, black color, done 52000kms and is asking for 2.40 Lakhs. I was wondering whether shall I sell my CL 340 and buy this one.

Things in favour of exchange are:

* Its original Classic.
* It has got Disc brakes
* 2000 Model

Things not infavour:

* I do not know exact condition and whats inside.
* My jeep is in perfect offroad condition including new battery, alloys, tyres, engine, new paint etc.
* I'll have to buy new rims and tyres for the Classic.

Plus the money involved. Can anyone suggest how much will I get for my red jeep.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 16:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

What you own is as competent as a Classic... And looks much better. This from a Classic Owner.

Now get ready to get PMs regarding the location of the Classic
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 16:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
I have come across a porson selling his 2000 model Classic in Jaipur. It has original rims, good condition, black color, done 52000kms and is asking for 2.40 Lakhs. I was wondering whether shall I sell my CL 340 and buy this one.

Things in favour of exchange are:

* Its original Classic.
* It has got Disc brakes
* 2000 Model

Things not infavour:

* I do not know exact condition and whats inside.
* My jeep is in perfect offroad condition including new battery, alloys, tyres, engine, new paint etc.
* I'll have to buy new rims and tyres for the Classic.

Plus the money involved. Can anyone suggest how much will I get for my red jeep.
What do you mean by original rims? Normal discs, spoke wheels or alloys. Do they need to be replaced?

2000 model classics come with alloys right? Not the spoke wheels.

And yes, can you PM me his details? I would be interested if you are not looking.
And yeah, your Jeep looks good and well maintained. The fenders are quite unique.

Last edited by beejay : 14th October 2009 at 16:54. Reason: And yeah...
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

If your current vehicle is good then stick to it as you have spent time and money on it and know what you have had done.

If you want to sell give you 1L for yours.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Stick to your reliable and known jeep.
Covered in mud and slush all jeeps look the same
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:26   #6
BHPian

Agree with others here. You have a good jeep. It doesnt make sense to get a new classic for just disc brakes and better electricals ( is there anything more , barring the lights in the dash board) . You can always incorporate that to your jeep to if needed.
Baburajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 17:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
What you own is as competent as a Classic... And looks much better. This from a Classic Owner.

Now get ready to get PMs regarding the location of the Classic
Oh thanks.. that is a big compliment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
What do you mean by original rims? Normal discs, spoke wheels or alloys. Do they need to be replaced?

2000 model classics come with alloys right? Not the spoke wheels.

And yes, can you PM me his details? I would be interested if you are not looking.
And yeah, your Jeep looks good and well maintained. The fenders are quite unique.
Its with original alloys, I would again put broader tyres 11.5 or 12.5 therefore a new broader rim.. Regarding his details.. Another Jaipur offroader is interested to buy the other one which I keep.. so please wait for some time. If he takes it its good as we will get one more jeep in our group, otherwise it is surly coming in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
If your current vehicle is good then stick to it as you have spent time and money on it and know what you have had done.

If you want to sell give you 1L for yours.
1L isn't that too much.. my wife is ready to pay 10-15K if someone just takes it away, without telling me..and never show it up again.. lol..

Agree with the time and money point.. Its a no trouble jeep as I have done Jaipur-Delhi as well as Jaipur-Corbett in it without any trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Stick to your reliable and known jeep.
Covered in mud and slush all jeeps look the same
Yeah!! Another valid point..
Old 14th October 2009, 19:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

ym-enjn,
If you had asked this question during the initial purchase, the answer would have been Classic all the way - if you had a choice then!

But now that you have a brilliant looking and equally performing CL 340 and it is a well known fact that an known jeep is better than unknown one, as all have said retain your jeep. It is doing what you bought that for!

Having said this, a good condition classic has much smoother engine, brakes, gearbox, wider axles etc. But not worth any extra investment since yours is in a good condition. With 5.38 axle ratio yours is a true mountain goat, even better than classic!

p.s - Can we have pics of that classic please?

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 14th October 2009 at 19:15.
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 21:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yogesh
I agree with everyone here!!! Keep your jeep!!!
You have a very reliable vehicle in your hands and even if you want a bigger and better engine, disc brakes etc etc all that can easily be managed in your vehicle too!!!

Why sell it especially your vehicle with the fenders etc is one of a kind!!!

My vote KEEP YOUR CL340!!!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 21:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1L isn't that too much.. my wife is ready to pay 10-15K if someone just takes it away, without telling me..and never show it up again.. lol..
What do women know about jeeps? Its like expecting a 1day old baby to understand quadratic equations.

I would be inclined to keep the current jeep. It looks good and performs well.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 10:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

So the unanimous winner in this case is my very own Jeep.. and one can't go wrong with t-bhp behind. So without any doubt I will keep my Jeep.

We have fixed meeting with Classic owner on Wednesday and will post pics after that. Thanks guys.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:20   #12
BHPian

Hi Yogesh

I would agree with the others here. Your jeep is in very good condition. Why start fresh and spend more money. Both will serve excatly the same purpose.

I love your jeep. It is a looker!!

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 13:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please PM me your address? I like the deal - get your magnificient CL340 and on top of that 10 - 15K too
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 00:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

That person with Classic never turned up. The person who told me about it keep telling that he will arrange a meet soon.

But I have changed my plan. My Jeep is up for sale in the classifieds section. After selling it I plan to buy a Scorpio 4x4, pimp it up to be a good offroader and use it for long time. The advantage would be frequent comfortable trips along with family to Gurgaon to join NIOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Can you please PM me your address? I like the deal - get your magnificient CL340 and on top of that 10 - 15K too
Before anything like this happen, I have decided to sell it..
Old 29th October 2009, 18:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Default You will miss it!

Quote:

Before anything like this happen, I have decided to sell it..
Believe me you will miss it big time!! You are giving away gem of a vehicle. Anyway, we have to progress and Scorpio makes sense due to its cruising ability. I can understand your requirement!

p.s- I would suggest you Bolero Di turbo to offroad and cruising to NCR. It is cheap to repair like good old jeep and will double up as your family vehicle. Scorpio is too expensive to repair in instances like water ingestion axle breakage, bumper breakage etc etc
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote