Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 09:16   #31
BHPian
 
johannes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Shillong
Posts: 55
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Congrats on your purchase Arjun, and with Allan doing the mods , WOW . Man I wish I had enough dough to send my jeep from Shillong to Mumbai for Allan's touch on it too.
johannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 09:41   #32
BHPian
 
GoSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 507
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Looks like you are going to have a as much fun owning it as Allan is having building it! Good Show guys!

Arjun - are you getting diff locks fitted?

Allan- another 'Bharat Matrimonial' moment! Thanks for the formal clothing

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 09:43   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 1,843
Thanked: 541 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Yup u right..jeep and wheelspin!
me too cant take my mind off the jeep.
going by the looks of it, is it turning into a 'orangie' replica?
The 140 bhp engine sounds alluring.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 10:04   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
going by the looks of it, is it turning into a 'orangie' replica?
The 140 bhp engine sounds alluring.
yes almost the orangie replica.the diffrences being the toyota engine,removable hard top,power steering,rear seats and AC. I have also asked Allan for a trailer for the jeep.Will get it later maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Looks like you are going to have a as much fun owning it as Allan is having building it! Good Show guys!

Arjun - are you getting diff locks fitted?

Allan- another 'Bharat Matrimonial' moment! Thanks for the formal clothing

Cheers
Ankit
yes i am not getting the diff locks but am getting a Limited Slip Differential fitted. I heard and read that LSD work better on the jeep.
and yes having loads of fun building it with Allan.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 30th October 2009 at 10:16.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 10:16   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Looks like this is going to be a monster, the toyota engine sounds interesting, how are the NVH levels compared to the peugeot and the mahindra di ? How much did you pay for the engine before and after turbocharging ?
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 10:20   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Congrats on your purchase Arjun, and with Allan doing the mods , WOW . Man I wish I had enough dough to send my jeep from Shillong to Mumbai for Allan's touch on it too.
Thank You. maybe you should. Definitely worth it.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 10:39   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Looks like this is going to be a monster, the toyota engine sounds interesting, how are the NVH levels compared to the peugeot and the mahindra di ? How much did you pay for the engine before and after turbocharging ?
The nvh levels as i was told are pretty good better than the mahindra di but not sure abt the puegoet.Maybe Allan can help you here.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 12:05   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
going by the looks of it, is it turning into a 'orangie' replica?
The 140 bhp engine sounds alluring.
yes, she is fast and very powerful both on and off the road,
and yes she will in many ways be a replica of orangie as per the owners wishes
added to her we shall be fitting a roll cage , an entire soft top,
power steering, a/c and rear seats and off course a windscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Looks like you are going to have a as much fun owning it as Allan is having building it! Good Show guys!

Arjun - are you getting diff locks fitted?

Allan- another 'Bharat Matrimonial' moment! Thanks for the formal clothing

Cheers
Ankit
oyee ankit,
i dress up that way to work,
ur just used to seeing me with less clothes on ya

no diff locks on her,
the stock army lsd's working beautifully after overhaul


and noise levels are very similar to a normal 550 so we are happy,
vibrations i think have reduced

little alteration in the exhaust pipe needed to overcome the backpressure is next on the list,
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 12:36   #39
BHPian
 
lancer&shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Back in Chennai
Posts: 148
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@XP: You are doing a great job dude, keep it up!


@Arjun: What is the registration of your jeep? Did you got the vehicle here(Chennai) and transport it XP place for modification?

Your monster looks great arjun! Congrats!


Cheers,
L&S
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 14:03   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
vinod_nookala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,737
Thanked: 410 Times
Default

Hi arjun,
When will your jeep be ready? Would love to have this machine offroading with us. :-)
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 14:12   #41
BHPian
 
girish_8086's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 26
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi Arjunrudra,

Congrats!!! your Jeep going to be great a off/on roader. Lots of work done in very less time.

@Allan, you are doing a best job on it.

waiting to see final outcome of jeep. Please post more pictures.

regards,
Girish
MM540
girish_8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 14:44   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Varanasi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 62 Times
Default toyota engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Am getting the Toyota 14b engine for the jeep.
The Toyota 14B is a 3.6 ltr inline 4 eight valve OHV direct injection diesel engine.
Compression ratio is 18:1. Output is 98 hp (72 kW) at 3400 rpm with 177 ft-lbs (240 Nm) of torque at 1800 rpm(BEFORE TURBOCHARGING).

These figures would have definitely considerably gone up because it is now turbocharged.
where did you procure the toyota engine from?Do share the details .
I am also planning to get an army disposal mm550 soon .
please do let us know how did you get the engine

Last edited by bblost : 6th November 2009 at 22:09. Reason: Only 2 smileys allowed per post. Refer to rules section.
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 15:49   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
3.6L engine wow ..

Its gonna rock ! and Arjun where did you buy this Army jeep and how much?
Arjun you forgot to reply
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 16:14   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi arjun,
When will your jeep be ready? Would love to have this machine offroading with us. :-)
Me too.Waiting to go offroading with u guys.Anyways my jeep should be ready within 2 weeks.




@Arjun: What is the registration of your jeep? Did you got the vehicle here(Chennai) and transport it XP place for modification?

Your monster looks great arjun! Congrats!


Cheers,
L&S[/quote]

the reg when i get the jeep will be MH.But i will be getting an NOC from allan and will be changing it to TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
where did you procure the toyota engine from?Do share the details .
I am also planning to get an army disposal mm550 soon .
please do let us know how did you get the engine

No idea ,Allan got it for me.You should probably ask him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish_8086 View Post
Hi Arjunrudra,

Congrats!!! your Jeep going to be great a off/on roader. Lots of work done in very less time.

@Allan, you are doing a best job on it.

waiting to see final outcome of jeep. Please post more pictures.

regards,
Girish
MM540
Definitely will post pics as i get them.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 16:16   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Arjun you forgot to reply
Allan got the army jeep at an auction held in avadi,chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Me too.Waiting to go offroading with u guys.Anyways my jeep should be ready within 2 weeks.




@Arjun: What is the registration of your jeep? Did you got the vehicle here(Chennai) and transport it XP place for modification?

Your monster looks great arjun! Congrats!


Cheers,
L&S
the reg when i get the jeep will be MH.But i will be getting an NOC from allan and will be changing it to TN.




No idea ,Allan got it for me.You should probably ask him.


Definitely will post pics as i get them.[/quote]

Last edited by arjunrudra : 30th October 2009 at 16:17.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new project: '04 Mahindra MM550 sammyaulakh 4x4 Vehicles 28 29th January 2015 01:43
Project MM550 Xd Army Spec jeepsan 4x4 Vehicles 38 22nd March 2013 16:09
MM550 Jeep Restore Project Never Launched DirtyDan 4x4 Vehicles 49 16th May 2011 19:05
Project MM550. (getting the wicked touch) whicked wheels 4x4 Vehicles 30 25th January 2010 22:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks