Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 00:01   #121
BHPian
 
whicked wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PUNE
Posts: 365
Thanked: 56 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Is it really even better than the blue and silver one ? And wicked wheels what is that particular detail your talking about ?

Is this the maroon and gold Defender you talking about the SWB Version or the camel trophy one(never actually seen the camel trophy one) ?
Yes its none other than the CAMEL TROPHY for details you got to see it. Hey arjun your jeeps really looking good, you are going to love it.
whicked wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 13:10   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Yes its none other than the CAMEL TROPHY for details you got to see it. Hey arjun your jeeps really looking good, you are going to love it.
I thought Allan had a Camel trophy Range Rover. Not sure though.
Anyways coming back to the topic, Did u have a look a the jeep for the 2nd time ?
And also got the bumpers painted.Will post pictures soon.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 13th November 2009 at 13:21.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 17:16   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
@arjun, LOVE those seats.

What make?
From where?
How much?
What mods required to fit in a Bolero?

Thanks in advance,

-- Torqy
These are Original Recaro's. They cost me 40,000. I think Allan imports it from UK.But getting the seats leather wrapped so that it's good to go off-roading.
I don't think they require any modifications as they fit in a wide variety of cars.Anyways will find out and tell you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Simply awsome. just amide it buddy
Sure will.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 17:33   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
ex670c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,456
Thanked: 1,794 Times
Default Leather Seats in INDIA!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
These are Original Recaro's. They cost me 40,000. I think Allan imports it from UK.But getting the seats leather wrapped so that it's good to go off-roading.
Sure will.
Hi Arju,

Leather seats are suitable in Colder climates or for desperate Indians in Hardtop, dust-proof A/Ced Cars.

In an open top sweaty, outdoor, dusty off-road, what will happen to your Leather Seat Wrapping?

Regards,

Arka

PS - Leather Seat covers are suitable for very cold climates. Do you wear a leather Jacket in "most of India" or will you wear a leather jacket and go off-roading in Chennai?
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 13:32   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Arju,

Leather seats are suitable in Colder climates or for desperate Indians in Hardtop, dust-proof A/Ced Cars.

In an open top sweaty, outdoor, dusty off-road, what will happen to your Leather Seat Wrapping?

Regards,

Arka

PS - Leather Seat covers are suitable for very cold climates. Do you wear a leather Jacket in "most of India" or will you wear a leather jacket and go off-roading in Chennai?

first of all leather seats are not suitable for cold climates only,
its a matter of choice and comfort and budget,
if taken care of correctly, leather can withstand any climate.

secondly arjun, your seats are not covered in leather,
its a waterproof material that is widely used in offroading all over uk
i have it on my orange jeep,
n have driven the car from bombay to goa in heavy rains, through alot of water bodies and rivers and countless otrs
these seats are superb,
n anyone who has seen or sat in them will vouch for them
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 21:07   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
first of all leather seats are not suitable for cold climates only,
its a matter of choice and comfort and budget,
if taken care of correctly, leather can withstand any climate.

secondly arjun, your seats are not covered in leather,
its a waterproof material that is widely used in offroading all over uk
i have it on my orange jeep,
n have driven the car from bombay to goa in heavy rains, through alot of water bodies and rivers and countless otrs
these seats are superb,
n anyone who has seen or sat in them will vouch for them
There you go from the master himself.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 13:55   #127
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

OMG!!! i was hooked to the supercars section for a few weeks and completely missed out on all other threads. AND A LOT I MISSED INDEED!!
congrats and best of luck to your project arjun. pm me when you get it buddy. am dying to see her in flesh.
also, i want to suggest you change your alloys. not that i dont like them, but its a bit common among off-roaders in chennai. if you got different wheels, it would look truly unique!!

P.S: where in chennai do you live??
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 15:29   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
OMG!!! i was hooked to the supercars section for a few weeks and completely missed out on all other threads. AND A LOT I MISSED INDEED!!
congrats and best of luck to your project arjun. pm me when you get it buddy. am dying to see her in flesh.
also, i want to suggest you change your alloys. not that i dont like them, but its a bit common among off-roaders in chennai. if you got different wheels, it would look truly unique!!

P.S: where in chennai do you live??
Thank you . I wouldn't blame you the supercar's thread is getting more interesting by the day.
Definitely we should definitely meet up after I get the jeep.Will be here by the end of the month.Will be taking her for any OTR event in Chennai in the month of December. May be you could come along.
And wheels I think Allan already bought them for me as I already told him at the beginning of the project that I wanted it to be just like his jeep with a few minor changes. But am getting them painted in matte black.
And also another reason being Dad was in love with the alloys.Cant picture the vehicle any other shoes also.

And I live in KK Nagar.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 15th November 2009 at 15:32.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 15:42   #129
BHPian
 
bivin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MAA/DXB/CDG
Posts: 932
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

OH SURE!! id love to come along!! thanks in advance!!
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 12:40   #130
BHPian
 
ram.west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 418
Thanked: 20 Times
Post

hey arjun! What happen buddy ? Any updates ??
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 14:03   #131
BHPian
 
GoSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 507
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Hi Arjun/Allan

Long time no pics. Update is incomplete with pics buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
GoSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 16:04   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 732
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

car is in final stages
arjun shall post pictures after he returns this evening from his papers
painting process has started
soft top should be complete soon
xtreme power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 18:37   #133
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,439
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
arjun shall post pictures after he returns this evening from his papers
Well, it is evening now. pics
badboyscad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 23:17   #134
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
hey arjun! What happen buddy ? Any updates ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
Hi Arjun/Allan

Long time no pics. Update is incomplete with pics buddy!

Cheers
Ankit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
car is in final stages
arjun shall post pictures after he returns this evening from his papers
painting process has started
soft top should be complete soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Well, it is evening now. pics
Sorry guys just now got back the energy to get to the comp.
Anyways yes almost everything is done.
Posting some pictures.
The engine has been given a nice paint touch by Allan. And Allan has used some special kind of paint from UK thats why the engine has got its white look.
Also attaching pictures with the detachable soft tops.
please do share your ideas and comments on the same.
regards
Arjun
Attached Images
        
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 00:45   #135
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,572
Thanked: 7,043 Times
Default

Very interesting and i like the detail given to heat proofing the fire wall. Good job Arjun & Allen.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new project: '04 Mahindra MM550 sammyaulakh 4x4 Vehicles 28 29th January 2015 01:43
Project MM550 Xd Army Spec jeepsan 4x4 Vehicles 38 22nd March 2013 16:09
MM550 Jeep Restore Project Never Launched DirtyDan 4x4 Vehicles 49 16th May 2011 19:05
Project MM550. (getting the wicked touch) whicked wheels 4x4 Vehicles 30 25th January 2010 22:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks